Cox Communications

Cox Communications Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Cox Communications President Pat Esser

Pat Esser

Pros:
  • "Benefits start right away, co workers were awesome, and nothing wrong with free cable and internet"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Decent work life balance depending upon your manager"
    in 28 reviews
Cons:
  • "Watch out for women directors & senior management"
    in 14 reviews
  • "High Sales Driven or a non-sales position, company closed call center"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

excellent place to work

I have been working at Cox Communications

ProsGreat pay, good bosses, free services

Conshard work, long hours, lots to do

Advice to Senior Managementget in with the employees

Employee

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI love working for Cox because they really care about their employees. We have good benefits that include free cable, internet and phone not to mention the opportunity to make additional money in sales and contest. I've never worked for a better company than Cox when it comes to employees well being.

ConsThe pay isn't the best for the work but the benefits make up the difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease wages for the employees that keeps the customer loyal and satisfied. We are the backbone of the company and the first impression. We are the people that make the real difference in the customer's live and we should get paid what we're worth.

Pro-customer and pro-employee company with lots of opportunity

Manager Business Operations (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat work/life balance, engaging/professional team, great growth opportunity and benefits (cable/low cost healthcare/pension), open-door policy

ConsCompensation, Centralization strategy on-going, No cable benefits outside foot-print

Advice to Senior ManagementFor long-term health of company we need to focus on reducing customer costs and creating long-term value (vs. short term campaign spend) thereby reducing transactions in support, marketing, advertisement and encouraging volatility. The company too often appears to follow business peers reducing differentiation and encouraging subscriber loss. Centralization may be a necessary evil but there could be a better way to centralize but remain remote.

Great company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than a year

Prostraning provided and company growth

Consdown sized some depts in NV

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat team

Best job of my life!

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits and pay are great. The people are better!

ConsThere are no cons to working here.

IT WAS GREAT WHILE IT LASTED!!!!!!

I have been working at Cox Communications

ProsMONEY, MONEY MONEY as long as your hardworking, honest and money motivated. The people I work with in Rancho Santa Margarita are all amazing. I don't have one bad thing to say. I have been with Cox over 6 years and it has been amazing!!

ConsThe only Con is that the company is going Corporate all the way around. The positions in OC and SD in California are being relocated to Phoenix and Vegas.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been great! I really have nothing bad to say except I wish they never went through a corporate restructuring.

Great place to work - seriously!

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people and environment. If you are willing to work hard and learn (as well as open to relocation) you can go far.

ConsDue to constant consolidation of markets over the years, you MUST be open to relocation in order to move up. Opportunities to grow in local markets have diminished so be prepared to move to Atlanta if you want to work up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about career paths as we consolidate markets. Additionally, do these consolidations quickly - stop dragging them out for months/years.

Great company! Fun and profitable.

Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than a year

ProsLot's of monetary potential.

ConsHard grand to make that money!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Awesome, caring people

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou are given the tools and time to continue your education. All around it feels that someone cares about your development.

ConsNo cons that come to mind at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to show a caring and sincere appreciation for your employees, this really does go a long way with most/all individuals.

Great place to work overall

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay and compensation plan, bonus, PTO 401(k) and pension. Health benefits are pretty inexpensive but deductibles are pretty high if special treatment, hospital, etc is required. Excellent facilities, top notch equipment and projects to work on, and smart people to interact with on a daily basis.

ConsExecutive management really needs to ensure the directors in place are the right people for the job. Directors (and Executive Directors) in certain areas have been hired because they perhaps looked good on paper, but it was quickly discovered they were WAY over their head or had no big picture vision or direction. In most cases those people have been removed but there are a few who are still completely not the right person for the job, it's stagnating growth and development, and it's can be very frustrating to managers and direct reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive management should skip level with lower managers, and ask for SINCERE, accurate feedback and then act on that feedback.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cox Communications CEO Pat Esser. All 497 reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees.