Cox Communications Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Overall Satisfied

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time

Pros

Great benefits Lots of opportunities Lots of variety

Cons

The organizations are constantly changing

Not what they say it is

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time

Pros

Great benefits, the pay is comparable with other companies, free services, awesome call center and environment. I liked everyone at the call center. I just wish they had a position that doesn't involve trying to sell.

Cons

Sales, sales, sales. I had no idea sales was so important. I'm pretty socially awkward and I hate asking for sales. If you are not into sales do not apply. This is not really tech support, it's customer service/sales with a side of tech. After training they tell you to call cag to get help, except that the wait time for cag can be upwards of 20 minutes. The training sucks.

Advice to Management

Work on the training, especially if sales are so important, then teach us about the bundles, campaigns etc while in training (I actually asked if we would learn them, my trainer replied that it's on kiq) That isn't exactly the best way to make sure we know what we're trying to see. And don't focus so much on installs, when we finally got to the floor most of us had no idea on how to fix anything. Training needs to be at least 3 more weeks with at least 1 more week on tech support and 2 more with performance specialists (so 4 weeks with them).

Customer Retention Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Cox Communications full-time

Pros

Pay average but most employees not there long

Cons

Highest turnover I have ever seen! Only one Human Resource person that works more with management then employee. Customers complain all day that the company is a rip off and I can't comment about my opinion on that because you have to sign a confidential agreement. DO NOT QUIT A STABLE job for this!

Advice to Management

Quit telling people it's a hard job but you are getting paid well,only to treat employees bad and believe they have to put up with your horrible policies!

5. Universal home technician

I have been working at Cox Communications

Pros

Good steady work and steady pay check

Cons

Work in attics in summer and in all types of weather

6. Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive Environment with Great training. Overall great company ethic and morals. The company has a lot of tenured employees.

Cons

After standardization the opportunity for advancement is limited. The pay structure is not easily negotiated and may not receive pay increase for getting newer positions.

Advice to Management

Keep the doors open for advancement. Work on employee moral for people who have stayed at the company through standardization.

7. Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was fantastic and it was a great experience learning about internet, cable, and telephone services while attempting to sell them to people within an electronics store. My supervisors were always there for me which really helped considering it was my first time working in sales in-general. I would definitely recommend this job to someone who is interested in sales and wants to learn more about the cable service industry.

Cons

The only downside to this job was that it was difficult to sell services in a location where most people already had it. I achieved most of my sales from people who were moving into the area and did not have services available to them where they lived previously. The job would have been much more rewarding if I was working in a different type of market.

Retention Specialist

Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are the best part Cox has to offer to entry level employees. They have 2 plans to choose from

Cons

Leadership at Cox is always on different pages. They have transformed into communications company that fails to communicate well.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to get all leadership on the same page to begin improving communication throughout the build

OK Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay Benefits Free Internet and other discounted services Opportunity to work from home

Cons

Repetitious calls Poor services and equipment always having issues Disconnect between management and lower level employees Can be difficult to advance from within Unbalanced sales structure

Advice to Management

Allow reps to focus on fixing issues not shoving products down customers throats,

10. Excellent Company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for several large Telecommunications companies and Cox does a lot of things above and beyond: Fully Funded Pension without having to be a collective bargaining employee Privately help which means less swaying with wall-street demands/trends Focus on growth/innovation without being "bleeding edge" Excellent diversity culture

Cons

Negotiate hard when first entering the business - HR does not have flexible rules for merit based raises (generally between 3%-5%) Some areas of business do not have clear career path avenues

Advice to Management

Allow for more leadership within the field for Cox Business - the voice of the customer is most clear in the field and as a technology and matrixed company, we should be able to manage the business without requiring leaders be in the emerald city. :-)

Retention officer

Former Employee - Retention Officer in Peoria, AZ
    Former Employee - Retention Officer in Peoria, AZ

I worked at Cox Communications (Less than a year)

Pros

Great commission. Great people to work with.

Cons

Too stressful . Turn over is too high. Lost 7 people in my team in 2 months since i was hired permanently.

Advice to Management

Your programs are to hard to follow. You need to look at customers situation. You'll save more on time.

RSS Feed </> Embed