Coyne Public Relations Reviews

12 reviews filtered by
4.0
Thomas F. Coyne

1. A fun place to work, whose leadership sets a positive tone

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

-- Leadership looks out for its people
    -- Creative shop
    -- Great company/team events

Cons

-- Cliques
    -- Long hours (not unusual for agency life)

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Coyne Public Relations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, creative people, good overall culture

Cons

Salary is way below other PR agency standards

Invest in people's salaries.

Coyne Public Relations Response

Jan 5, 2015HR VP

We participate in the PR industry survey every year and make sure we pay to market and we promote employees often to help them continue to achieve a higher earning potential. We also offer an annual ... More

3. A great place who puts it's employees first.

I have been working at Coyne Public Relations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coyne's environment is definitely where you want to be. The company first and foremost promotes work-life balance, ensuring that it's employees have a life outside of work. They really try to promote upward mobility with all of their staff and personal/professional growth is huge. Everywhere you look, teamwork is promoted and encouraged and the staff all seem to really get along. The compensation package is competitive, benefits won't cost you an arm and a leg, and their vacation/pto/sick time policy really benefits the employee. If you are looking for longevity and stability, Coyne is where you need to be.

Cons

To be honest, there really isn't much negative, Coyne is way better than any other company I've ever worked at.

Continue to encourage your employees, especially the younger level staff who could always use a boost. Keep doing what you are doing and keep your staff motivated.

5. Great environment, smart co-workers and fun

Current Employee - Currently Employed in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Currently Employed in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Coyne Public Relations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

culture is second to none; smart people who work really hard and care about their clients; great leadership; fun employee events; not too stressful

Cons

sometimes can be too goofy and we could be more serious. not too many cons I can think of because they try to be a great place to work and I think they deliver.

keep up the great work

6. Coyne seems like a great place to work for from the outside, however the work environment is not what it seems

Former Intern - Intern in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Intern - Intern in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Coyne Public Relations as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great performance incentives, friendly environment, incredible office w/ pool table etc.

Cons

Though both coworkers and the environment were pleasant, the office can be cliquey and almost (for the lack of a better term) cult-like. Though interns are treated quite well, my experience as an intern involved limited and vague direction from my supervisor, followed by impatience and judgement.

Consider choosing which employee on each team may be the most well-suited to guide and teach interns the ways of the industry. The Account Coordinator is the lowest full-time position for a reason, and guidance from someone with more experience may create more successful interns who can become talented full-time employees.

7. Best company to work for, hands down!

Former Employee - Senior Account Supervisor/Assistant Vice President in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ridiculously fun culture, lots of perks to keep employees' morale and Coyne spirit high. People are genuinely kind to and supportive of one another, which makes coming to work something to look forward to. I experienced ZERO drama or gossip in my entire time working there...rare and refreshing, but I think it speaks to the culture and leadership. Management is enthusiastic and creative---great about involving all levels in brainstorms and team meetings so everyone's voice is heard...you feel valued no matter your experience level. Fair compensation and opportunity for bonuses. Great benefits package. Everyone wants to work here so they can be competitive to get top talent. Never felt overworked--there was a real respect of the work/life balance.

Cons

Lots of very junior staff who tend to be cliquey. Seems like it takes a long time to get promoted at every level. Teams seem to shift often due to fluctuating business, with practice areas merging and then unmerging. This gets confusing and doesn't always seem to be the best strategic decision.

8. A great place to get started and build your resume but not a place to stay forever

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people
    A fun place to work
    Laid back environment/culture
    Creative
    A great place to get started

Cons

Not much room for advancement
    Pay isn't great
    Very hard to make a "career" out of working here

Looks great from the outside, but not so much from the inside

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good culture, fun perks, impressive client roster

Cons

Poor work/life balance, upper management is disconnected and not in tune with the issues that lie within the teams, can be cliquey, lower level employees do all of the client work with little recognition

Pay more attention to the issues on the team below you and recognize the hard work they put in

10. Loved working here

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great portfolio of clients to work for. Company goes out of its way to take care of its employees and boost morale throughout the year through special company events/outings. It's relaxed culture is definitely a plus and the people there don't take themselves too seriously so they're a lot of fun to work with.

Cons

Some teams (which are built by industry: automotive, beauty etc.) are more established than others so opportunities for increased responsibility, visibility to bigger campaigns / media reach, and as a result of both of these things, likelihood of promotion, vary greatly with the team in which you reside.

11. Fun, Creative place with a driven, hard working culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Coyne Public Relations

Pros

One of best places to work in PR
    Senior management tries to put employees first
    Good client roster
    Award winning
    Creativity is rewarded
    Good benefit plan
    Good career track

Cons

Some teams and Vice Presidents are more difficult than others
    Account Coordinators and Account Executives pay their dues with very long hours