Coyne Public Relations Reviews

Thomas F. Coyne

The very best place

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Coyne Public Relations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment here is second to none. Coyne is filled with people who genuinely love what they do and people are so willing to help one another one out.

Cons

Pay is really not horrible, especially if youre in NJ. Also not the best either though. Promotions are based on tour teams upper management as well

Agency Needs To Take a Closer Look at Itself

Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Management in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting client mix. Strong mid-level management. Decent benefits. Great if you live in Northern NJ (the NYC & LA offices are tiny and insignificant). Nice offices.

Cons

The agency is run up top in an old boys’ club/fraternity-like atmosphere with a small smattering of females that kind of prefer to run with the boys. Those from the LGBT community, forget it...not a welcoming place for you. The CEO is on one extreme or the other. Either very friendly and caring or a terror that you want to stay away from. Like many agencies, it claims it is a great place to work but is no better than the next.

Advice to Management

Think diversity, modernization, and grow up!

3. Expected More

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time

Pros

-Fun office activities -Wonderful CEO -Unlimited sick time

Cons

-Chose Coyne because it is labeled as one of the best company's to work. Besides the welcoming CEO and nice office space, I was not impressed with my experience. -Lack of work life balance. It's obvious that some teams are more bogged down than others. Working 8 am - 8 pm and later every day is not healthy. This is definitely an aspect that Coyne promotes, but felt was not enforced. -"Fun" office activities is listed as a pro because it is offered to all employees, BUT if you are glued to your desk all day and trapped with work dumped on you, you won't be able to take advantage. -The team structure creates a cliquey environment. Not once did I feel welcomed by another person from a different team.

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO is a wonderful man that truly wants his employees to LOVE their jobs. Nice Vacation time (random surprise days off) unlimited sick days You get a cohort to "guide" you (although mine left immediately and I felt like no one else ever made me feel like a part of the team.) Fun events in the office

Cons

Very cliquey. As a new employee I never once felt like I was reached out to by anyone even people on my team. It really depends on the team you work for but I did not receive a lot of guidance in regard to projects or goals and when I asked questions I was given attitude. I eventually became nervous to ask anything which ultimately ruined my ability to succeed. There were very few people who talked to me as a new employee and although it seemed there were groups of people who truly loved their jobs, It was very hard for me to break into those groups. Long hours at times. Worked until 9-10 p.m. at times by myself

Advice to Management

Just because someone has been there for a long time doesn't mean they are capable of managing people. Management should be professional and able to communicate on all levels.

A fun place to work, whose leadership sets a positive tone

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-- Leadership looks out for its people -- Creative shop -- Great company/team events

Cons

-- Cliques -- Long hours (not unusual for agency life)

7. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Coyne Public Relations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, creative people, good overall culture

Cons

Salary is way below other PR agency standards

Advice to Management

Invest in people's salaries.

Coyne Public Relations Response

Jan 5, 2015 – HR VP

We participate in the PR industry survey every year and make sure we pay to market and we promote employees often to help them continue to achieve a higher earning potential. We also offer an annual ... More

8. A great place who puts it's employees first.

I have been working at Coyne Public Relations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coyne's environment is definitely where you want to be. The company first and foremost promotes work-life balance, ensuring that it's employees have a life outside of work. They really try to promote upward mobility with all of their staff and personal/professional growth is huge. Everywhere you look, teamwork is promoted and encouraged and the staff all seem to really get along. The compensation package is competitive, benefits won't cost you an arm and a leg, and their vacation/pto/sick time policy really benefits the employee. If you are looking for longevity and stability, Coyne is where you need to be.

Cons

To be honest, there really isn't much negative, Coyne is way better than any other company I've ever worked at.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your employees, especially the younger level staff who could always use a boost. Keep doing what you are doing and keep your staff motivated.

9. Great environment, smart co-workers and fun

Current Employee - Currently Employed in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Currently Employed in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Coyne Public Relations full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

culture is second to none; smart people who work really hard and care about their clients; great leadership; fun employee events; not too stressful

Cons

sometimes can be too goofy and we could be more serious. not too many cons I can think of because they try to be a great place to work and I think they deliver.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

10. Best company to work for, hands down!

Former Employee - Senior Account Supervisor/Assistant Vice President in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ridiculously fun culture, lots of perks to keep employees' morale and Coyne spirit high. People are genuinely kind to and supportive of one another, which makes coming to work something to look forward to. I experienced ZERO drama or gossip in my entire time working there...rare and refreshing, but I think it speaks to the culture and leadership. Management is enthusiastic and creative---great about involving all levels in brainstorms and team meetings so everyone's voice is heard...you feel valued no matter your experience level. Fair compensation and opportunity for bonuses. Great benefits package. Everyone wants to work here so they can be competitive to get top talent. Never felt overworked--there was a real respect of the work/life balance.

Cons

Lots of very junior staff who tend to be cliquey. Seems like it takes a long time to get promoted at every level. Teams seem to shift often due to fluctuating business, with practice areas merging and then unmerging. This gets confusing and doesn't always seem to be the best strategic decision.

A great place to get started and build your resume but not a place to stay forever

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Coyne Public Relations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people A fun place to work Laid back environment/culture Creative A great place to get started

Cons

Not much room for advancement Pay isn't great Very hard to make a "career" out of working here

RSS Feed </> Embed