Coyote Logistics

Updated September 14, 2014
3.1

Coyote Logistics CEO Jeffrey (Jeff) Silver
Jeffrey (Jeff) Silver

Pros
  • HR has done a great job with hiring people who fit the company culture as they scale (in 7 reviews)

• A fun work environment with high salary potential (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Occasional long hours, uneducated management, dealing with A type co-workers (in 20 reviews)

• There is no work/life balance, they pressure employees to be together at all times (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great summer internship

Current Employee - Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Coyote Logistics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This, like many have said, is a perfect example of a work hard-play hard office culture. As an intern, you learn the industry by having very similar sales opportunities as the full-time employees. You get actual experience with business expansion and real sales.

Cons

Long hours and the internship review is only based on the mentor with whom you were paired. For the most part, they do a pretty good job of asking what the interns want in a mentor and summer experience as a whole; but some people aren't so fortunate. If they are placed with a mentor who isn't good at teaching the industry or one who wants an intern just to clean up their mistakes in the minor details, you will have a bad time.

The training is extensive, too extensive at times. There are many things that are required in the training classroom that I never experienced on the sales floor. Most of the criteria I was tested on was good to know with respect to the industry, but to be tested multiple times on the names/title/picture of the board of directors was excessive.

Great Company with lots of incentives

Current Employee - Broker  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Broker in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up the ladder and make money. Fun loving office environment with a work hard, play hard attitude.

Cons

High stress level, long hours, and very fast paced ( which keeps it entertaining)

Pros and Cons cancel each other out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

modern office, casual dress, a lot of nice people, solid training program, easily accessible from most downtown neighborhoods, best compensation in the industry for entry level

Cons

immature managers, shaky work life balance, expectations that you answer emails at all hours, luck of the draw which kind of team you're placed on...some are much more supportive than others

Pay close attention to managers who consistently have people requesting to be moved off their teams...not everyone is cut out to be a leader

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They want to be the wal-mart of freight brokering.

Current Employee - Freight Broker  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Freight Broker in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office, great employees, can make alot of money

Cons

Very stressful, always need to be doing more. No life outside of work.

Run.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Coyote Logistics full-time

Pros

If you are a frat star, you will get paid your salary.

Cons

You will be tested. Always, try your hardest

Please..tell HR not to tell new trainees they have to cheat to pass their "exams"....on day 1. Very unprofessional. Very false. That's what I was told.

Life in the fast Lane

Current Employee - N/A  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - N/A in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perks include free food last day of every month, Free beer every Friday, good health insurance plans,

Cons

does not match 401k
    lots of company "dating"
    No transparency
    Mgmt team shows preferential treatment
    lack of upward mobility
    Hiring process geared toward 18-25 with little to no work experience
    Low pay (at alphretta location)
    inconsistent with protocols/ guidlines of dept.

Pay your employees more, and hire some adults. Coyote has great potential but the Alpharetta office tends to be a mess.

Great company that just wasn't for me.

Former Employee - Driver Services Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Driver Services Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Coyote Logistics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly and reasonable co-workers (my manager was impossibly sweet).
    Very laid back environment (though this could be a con to some).
    Comprehensive and thorough training.
    Company caters lunch for you at the end of the month and they are vegetarian and vegan-friendly about it as well.
    Great pay for an entry level job.
    Great intro to customer services
    Hour long lunch break.
    A lot of opportunity to try your hand in other departments.

Cons

The environment is very laid back to the point where it can be a fault. At times everyone would get so loud and obnoxious that you couldn't focus on your work.
    Mind-numbing work. Dear God, was it mind-numbing. This is what broke me. The people and environment are great, but the actual work sucks the soul right out of you. You're staring at a screen all day taking calls from strangers who range anything from Mr. Rogers to the freaking Hulk.
    Get the sense that they pay closer attention to quantity (number of calls) rather quality (how well you handled call).
    Can feel cult-like/like a fraternity.

Again, I wish I could handle the zombie work of taking calls because the people are fun and the pay is great for an entry level job, however, I wasn't mentally strong enough for this. As far as zombie work goes, this is the best place to do zombie work, I think. If you can suck it up, go for it.

Great work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Coyote Logistics as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

A very laid back and relaxed atmosphere. The company has plenty of stress relievers in place to keep the staff motivated.

Cons

Not a lot of needed cross-training in my department.

What a waste of time I. Your career

Current Employee - Accounts Payable  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They buy beer on Fridays for those drink and fatty lunches once a month.

Cons

The Alpharetta has no good leaders , they have a lot of young and dumb running the accounting dept. And they have a Older bully redneck that is unprofessional and is a rude, unpolished , pompous, arrogant jerk! His dept. Is soo scared to speak up and the ones who do are the ones who get fired because they are not scared of him. The owners are aware but they are not interested in Ga office on Chicago! They are no growth opportunities unless you are screwing your boss! No 401k match!

Wake up owners ! Your leaders in Alpharetta are not representing your company like they should! You have an intervertebral in her office all day and not stepping in while she lets the jerk treat people so bad. You have lost some good people at this location some at their choice and others because they spoke up so they got fired! What does that say about you and your company! Please help us in Accounting!

Good place to work if you're on the Sales side. Back office gets left out, as usual.

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Promote a positive company culture that is very unique and laid back. Has a company store that sells apparel and accessories that are purchased through payroll deduction.

Cons

Not many perks for the back office. Not very transparent. No real path to success on the back office side. As with most companies, the main focus is on the Sales Reps.

Be more transparent and provide clear advancement paths to all parts of the company. Better pay for the quality of work.

Worked for Coyote Logistics? Contribute to the Community!