Crabtree & Evelyn Reviews

Reset
2.8
Julien Laporte
1 Rating

1. Great Fir building customer intimacy skills!!

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great staff great product great environment great training tools good source of management

Cons

compensation technology can be more current more operational support more communication with corporate

2. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work. The pay and benefits are great. Training was very good, and the tools they give you are fantastic to learn more about the merchandise.

Cons

I am not salary I get payed hourly and as a manager you tend to go over 40 hrs. If I go over 40 hrs I am spoken too. I only have a few employees that work for me so there are days that I work an 8hr shift by myself, which makes it very difficult to take lunch breaks.

Advice to Management

I suggest talking to each manager to see what they need to be able to run a store. Hire more DM's that are available to each store. This right here would be huge for store managers.

Great store to work for, Questionable Upper Management

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time

Pros

Managers are good. Good pay for a good job. Customers are great, product is great. Fun environment, and I enjoy going to work.

Cons

Poor communication with upper management. Good workers are leaving due to issues with upper management, not store managers. Stop changing policy all the time and stick with consistent models because it's costing you quality sales associates and selling supervisors.

Advice to Management

We're doing the best that we can but with the recent price increases and sometimes unrealistic individual and store goals, sales haven't been great. Also, you can't keep adding more paperwork to opening/closing procedures and expect us to get everything done in the same amount of time. Please listen to the people who are on your floors, we know what's going on in the stores and we have valuable advice

5. Nice friendly people to work for.

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Spencer, MA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Spencer, MA

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn (More than a year)

Pros

They give free products some times.

Cons

No overtime! To many head games!

Advice to Management

Stop playing games!

6. Assistant manager

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for the company Crabtree & Evelyn are they are very good to their employees, the products are wonderful and I learned a lot from being with the company in the short period of time I was there.

Cons

I have one con is that Crabtree & Evelyn closed at my location ( Stamford, CT) in the Stamford Town Center Mall and I only had three months with the company.

Advice to Management

Some advice to management is that you need to build one on one customer relationships with the customers and really get to know about the products so you can sell them and bring that client back. Also, you need to train your staff about the product knowledge so they can do the same.

Store Manager

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn

Pros

Customers , product and store team players

Cons

Upper management and poor communications

Advice to Management

Stop blaming your employers because sales are down. Realize that you are losing great people because of lack of raises,poor communication and unrealistic goals. Hold yourself accountable for the reasons the company is not doing well.

Feels like a sinking ship

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time

Pros

The product is wonderful and the people who work for the brand are really nice, loyal and want the brand to succeed.

Cons

There has been no consistent leadership ever since I have worked for the company. There is no strong leadership now and the good people are often leaving after a short period because, I suspect, they feel like they can't make change happen.

Advice to Management

This company needs to define the brand and hire quality leaders that have a vision and are willing to stock around.

Wonderful customers/Poorly run

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the day to day activites. Customers are lovely and the product is very nice. Positive atmosphere. A pleasure to go to work.

Cons

Sad. Such a shame the company cannot get the product to the stores that the customers want so badly. Months and months go by with absolutely no word from corporate on why the products being requested aren't being shipped. Discontinued? Trouble with packaging? An error of some sort. Happens regularly and it is a shame.

Advice to Management

Take care of the elephant in the room once and for all. Hire and train great District Managers before you let them loose to "lead" your stores. Give raises that are deserved. Cut costs other ways, but give those that deserve it a raise. You have many dedicated managers that go above and beyond for their stores. Pay them, praise them and listen to them.

10. I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to enjoy working with clientele and associates.

Cons

First few years rewarding, later part company constantly low on product, empty shelves. Very seldom were you able to meet the needs of returning customers and new ones

Advice to Management

In store management was fun to work with, upper management need to work in our shoes for a while and make the goals with very little product

Crabtree is going down...

Current Employee - Selling Supervisor
    Current Employee - Selling Supervisor

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are flexible for school. Great discount.

Cons

I have been working with this company for 3 years and have been told that if you meet your quotas every year, you will get a raise. I have made my quota and every year and have received nothing. In addition, I get paid the least. The associates I train get 50 cents more than I do. When I asked management about this they responded "that is the new hire pay rate and it is not in the budget to give you a raise." I used to get 25-30 hours when I started working here, and now I get up to 15 if I'm lucky. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LIVE OFF OF 15 hours a week at minimum wage?! They recently got rid of our monthly bonuses and I won't be surprised if they get rid of our annual one too. There are no incentives to get employees motivated, no growth, and no moving up in the company.

Advice to Management

Provide your employees with some type of incentive whether it be a monthly incentive or a small raise for all the hard work we do. Sales associates are more than cashiers. We do inventory, store cleaning, transfers, run back and forth to our offsides to take the product, and more. This company needs to show their appreciation and respect for their employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed