Crabtree & Evelyn Reviews

Julien Laporte

Medicore

Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount on products, time off when needed, pretty place to work and play with beauty products all day

Cons

Low pay for service expected from employees, wages don't match local cost of living, mistakes regularly filter down from home office leaving the employees in the stores to clean up the mess or fix mistakes, poor planning from higher-ups

Advice to Management

The consistent typos, incorrect grammar and spelling in company memos and on signage is embarrasing

2. Wow...Who runs this company and why?

Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn (More than a year)

Pros

fantastic product. training in 5 star selling will help wherever you go in life. discount not bad.

Cons

very low pay. daily, weekly, monthly goals are insane. No incentive for part time employees to stay.

Advice to Management

be realistic about company goals. Who sets the these? what about incentives for those who make you money?

3. Great Fir building customer intimacy skills!!

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great staff great product great environment great training tools good source of management

Cons

compensation technology can be more current more operational support more communication with corporate

5. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work. The pay and benefits are great. Training was very good, and the tools they give you are fantastic to learn more about the merchandise.

Cons

I am not salary I get payed hourly and as a manager you tend to go over 40 hrs. If I go over 40 hrs I am spoken too. I only have a few employees that work for me so there are days that I work an 8hr shift by myself, which makes it very difficult to take lunch breaks.

Advice to Management

I suggest talking to each manager to see what they need to be able to run a store. Hire more DM's that are available to each store. This right here would be huge for store managers.

Extremely poor management

Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Good People on your team

Cons

No life, hold store accountable for everything that is wrong with corporate. Pricing is never correct, and they lie for their own agenda.

Advice to Management

Provide stores with product they need and maybe stores could hit sales results. Treat people fairly!

Great store to work for, Questionable Upper Management

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time

Pros

Managers are good. Good pay for a good job. Customers are great, product is great. Fun environment, and I enjoy going to work.

Cons

Poor communication with upper management. Good workers are leaving due to issues with upper management, not store managers. Stop changing policy all the time and stick with consistent models because it's costing you quality sales associates and selling supervisors.

Advice to Management

We're doing the best that we can but with the recent price increases and sometimes unrealistic individual and store goals, sales haven't been great. Also, you can't keep adding more paperwork to opening/closing procedures and expect us to get everything done in the same amount of time. Please listen to the people who are on your floors, we know what's going on in the stores and we have valuable advice

8. Nice friendly people to work for.

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Spencer, MA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Spencer, MA

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn (More than a year)

Pros

They give free products some times.

Cons

No overtime! To many head games!

Advice to Management

Stop playing games!

9. Assistant manager

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for the company Crabtree & Evelyn are they are very good to their employees, the products are wonderful and I learned a lot from being with the company in the short period of time I was there.

Cons

I have one con is that Crabtree & Evelyn closed at my location ( Stamford, CT) in the Stamford Town Center Mall and I only had three months with the company.

Advice to Management

Some advice to management is that you need to build one on one customer relationships with the customers and really get to know about the products so you can sell them and bring that client back. Also, you need to train your staff about the product knowledge so they can do the same.

Store Manager

Pros

Customers , product and store team players

Cons

Upper management and poor communications

Advice to Management

Stop blaming your employers because sales are down. Realize that you are losing great people because of lack of raises,poor communication and unrealistic goals. Hold yourself accountable for the reasons the company is not doing well.

Feels like a sinking ship

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time

Pros

The product is wonderful and the people who work for the brand are really nice, loyal and want the brand to succeed.

Cons

There has been no consistent leadership ever since I have worked for the company. There is no strong leadership now and the good people are often leaving after a short period because, I suspect, they feel like they can't make change happen.

Advice to Management

This company needs to define the brand and hire quality leaders that have a vision and are willing to stock around.

RSS Feed </> Embed