Crabtree & Evelyn

Add Photos

Robert J Ditchfield

Key Holder

Keyholder (Former Employee) New City, NY

ProsThe only positive aspects about working for this company was sharing experiences with the clients.

ConsIncredibly undercompensated despite the high price points. Low-quality corporate employees is leading to low quality in-store staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the individuals in your retail stores, they experience the customers on a daily basis and have amazing ideas to improve sales, products and merchandising.

it was a great job

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosupper management needs more structure

Conslow pay and benefits, too much turnover

Advice to Senior Managementmore sturcture

I loved working for them!!

Store Manager (Former Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsGreat support.
    Great discount
    Good benefits.
    Good training
    Wonderful products
    lots of information and support to help managers lead and boost their teams.

ConsIt is retail so you have to work a lot around the holidays but the company does try its best to make it up to you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!!

Part-time Sales (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGreat products and great discount 50%off

ConsDistrict Manager was very hard personality-wise.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep moral high by encouraging team spirit

DO NOT WORK HERE!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Murfreesboro, TN

ProsYou get to test products and you leave smelling good.

ConsIt was very disorganized. They displays took days to complete. and sometimes after you completed them they would tell you to take it down.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look at who you are hiring as managers. The people that I have talked to at various stores all loved who they were working with but hated management.

I learned a lot about running a successful business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people, great discount on beautiful products.

Conspayroll is slim with a lot of expectation to deliver sales and tasks and training.

Advice to Senior Managementspend more time in the stores.

Great place to work!

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

Prossmall knit group, very family like
    discount was awesome
    great products
    a great learning place for customer service
    the company is very customer driven

Consit's retail so pay is weak!
    they blackout to many dates for management
    Upper management like the district managers-micro-manage
    pos system outdated
    pay raises are very minimal

Advice to Senior ManagementI had the pleasure of working under one of the best managers ever. She was very great at fostering great team environment, communication, ownership of task, training and build characters into becoming part of management. I was employed by this company for several years, I went through 3 changes in district managers in the years i worked there. The first district manager was awesome and because at the time I was hired Crabtree was going through a boom in developing more stores my original dm was then relieved of her position and given a new title and we were then under another district manager. She had a very hard complex personality, not personable at all. When she did audits and district visits, the three days she would was at our store was 95% time in our backroom. When she did decide to come out on the floor she had a very hard deamenor and would observe her employees and talk about them to the sm on the floor(which I beleive to be so inappropriate). She would nit-pick on the customer service style of how the associate is approaching the customer and so forth. Mind you, this is a small store so associates can hear what the DM is saying to the store manager about he/she. This is demeaning to the self esteem of any employee. Then more changes, but i believe this had to do with the newly appointed VP that crabtree brought in Our district again got re-alighned to another DM. The new dm we were under was by far one of the best, she didn't micro manage but she was there when we did need her. This store was by far one of the most successful in the company. Sadly the company filed for bankcruptcy and more upper management got let go, store closures, the never ending realigning of the districts, the never ending of promotions( in one week alone, I remember doing almost up to 20 promos take down, put up, take down, put up....that never seemed to stop -this confused customers and associates alone. This is an overall good company to work for, Great products, they just need to be more structured and really hire good managers with management experience that is where they lack, unfortunately the last year I was there my sm left the company to pursue othe oppurtunity and this store eventually cracked and has never been the same.

Good Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment. Team members are supportive. Great discounts, and get to work with fantastic products all day long! Its great!

ConsIt can get in the way of personal life to often work weekends. The pay being retail is not especially great, but it is about the same as other places.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is very important. However I feel that senior managers are doing what they need to do at the moment.

Crabtree is one of the best retailers

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsOverall great place to work if you have a high-volume store...It can be very boring if the store is slow or in a poor location. Getting people to come in the store can be difficult considering the price point is much higher than its competitors.

ConsNo commission on sales and their rewards program should be based on the store's volume and not just set up according to company wide goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost store managers I've worked with were great...however the people who make decisions about sales and promotions need be clearer about the specific details and not change them on a whim.

Worked for Crabtree & Evelyn? Contribute to the Community!