Cracker Barrel

Updated August 24, 2014
3.1

Cracker Barrel President & CEO Sandra B. Cochran
Sandra B. Cochran

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, always an item of the day to promote to talk about to customers (in 32 reviews)

• the only pros to working at this company are great people servers are great (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • having to work long hours on your feet with no break, disappointing paychecks (in 26 reviews)

• Getting anything close to full time is fairly difficult unless you are a grill cook (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love this place. Can't say enough great things.

Current Employee - Retail in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Retail in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at 642 in Columbia, SC is wonderful. Employees are treated as well as the guests. Sandy, the Retail Manager is outstanding. She treats her employees like family. Her encouragement makes me want to be the best I can be. The training is the best. Everyone helps everyone else succeed. My coworkers are very, very, helpful to me.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Keep up the great job of complimenting your employees. That in turn makes the employee want to succeed.

Good job to have while you're in school, although their are some problems with management.

Former Employee - Server in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Server in Columbia, SC

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly Staff, having a 50 percent discount while you're working. Great experience if you are thinking about going into the restaurant business.

Cons

Corporate structured. Pay could be better. Management could use a little work on how they handle day to day task.

Get with your employees more, discuss what you could do as a manager to make their experience a little better.

one of the best managerial experiences

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible job,make good money,great benefits,and a great place to learn how to muti task and govern over 120 empoyees.

Cons

very fast pace ,if everyone doesn't work together as a team,you will not be successful.

innovative ways to improve turn around numbers,(percentage increase over l/y ) great way to see where you need to make adjustments so you can meet your financial goal. Employee moral governed by a program called par,were the employee's can get pay increases by taking courses to improve there skill levels,which in return you get more productivity.

My experience was good I was a cashier , I love helping the public

Former Employee - Cashier in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Columbia, SC

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a friendly and family oriented place, everybody greet you with a smile

Cons

Employees do not like to work together

I do not have any

great work place

Current Employee - Server in Orangeburg, SC
    Current Employee - Server in Orangeburg, SC

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time

Pros

As a server at Cracker Barrel, the money is fast. The job is not very hard, food safety is a major issue. and the atmosphere is wonderful.

Cons

the only bad part about this store is the management staff is unorganized. They don't communicate well when is comes to employee scheduling.

once the management staff gets their communication and training on point then the store will be even more of a pleasure to work at.

Cracker Barrel Photos