Cracker Barrel Reviews

670 reviews filtered by
3.2
Cracker Barrel President & CEO Sandra B. Cochran
Sandra B. Cochran

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, always an item of the day to promote to talk about to customers (in 32 reviews)

• the only pros to working at this company are great people servers are great (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • having to work long hours on your feet with no break, disappointing paychecks (in 26 reviews)

• Getting anything close to full time is fairly difficult unless you are a grill cook (in 13 reviews)

1. cracker barrel

Current Employee - Hostess in Downingtown, PA
    Current Employee - Hostess in Downingtown, PA

I have been working at Cracker Barrel

Pros

good promotions, and great training

Cons

atmosphere, yelling, and intoxicated coworkers

the managers actually respect you and care about your well being and the company.

Current Employee - Server Par II in East Fishkill, NY
    Current Employee - Server Par II in East Fishkill, NY

I have been working at Cracker Barrel

Pros

Your shifts can get covered, you have flexibility and in emergency situations your coworkers pick shifts up.

Cons

I don't like how you get 2 table sections I honestly think if your a par 2 you should get 3-4 tables regardless of the day of the week.

No complaints here

3. good place

I worked at Cracker Barrel

Pros

Flex schedule is a plus

Cons

Business not steady which means hit and miss money

5. Respected for performance, and palatibility but pay was bull for my expertise

Former Employee - Dishwasher in Boone, NC
    Former Employee - Dishwasher in Boone, NC

I worked at Cracker Barrel

Pros

Health insurance with United health care. (The beat provided) you only have to May 33% of the premium, also. Which was nice. I'd liked cheap medical bills. They're respectful if you work better, smarter, and more assertively than management.

Cons

Highly condemned upon mistakes from all levels of management. (Associate, general, district, and regional even)... My applicable work was well under paid. Greedy greedy greedy... If the managers don't get their bonuses on top of their over payed salaries their greed causes on explosion upon labor costs. There is a very low sense of
    Moral at all levels of Employment here (Never ever excluding management)... I'm just being honest here. You have the nitty
    Gritty
    When cooking and work in all stations of the kitchen (voluntarily
    And being well underplayed). JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE NUMBER ONE DOESNT MEAN ALL THE MONEY OS DESERVED TO CRACKER BARREL IN BOONE YOU INCOMPOTENT IMBOUCELS. DONT YOU KNOW WHO JESUS IS?!?SHARE THE WEALTH... OR WORK BY YOURSELF
    AND FOR YOURSELF.

Learn some people skills. Without people and human resources you have nothing. If you don't know how to please your employees you suck at
    Managing. Flat out, simplicity. You surely reap what you sow. If things don't work together (SYNERGYSTICALLY) you probably need to stop being so _______.

6. It was a great experience and I would definitely go back

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees and want them to be the best and make sure they are happy. They have very good benefits and really support a great work life balance. The people you work with make it an amazing place to come every day.

Cons

They struggle with change as well as introducing new ideas/technology/programs as it takes them longer than normal to make small changes. The salary in my opinion is below average.

Try to develop and introduce new technology for better analysis and more efficient reporting.

Cracker Barrel as a company

Current Employee - Back-Up Cook in Barboursville, WV
    Current Employee - Back-Up Cook in Barboursville, WV

I have been working at Cracker Barrel

Pros

The par system puts raises in your own hands. The company prefers to promote from within.

Cons

Some managers still show favoritism. If information is placed in the system incorrectly it can take a long time to be fixed

Make certain to treat all employees equally and follow through on promises to your employees. Promote good employees and replace the ones that don't do their job

8. It was good for a while and it paid the bills but at the end of the day if its you or the managers... Managers win.

Current Employee - Grill Cook in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Grill Cook in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Cracker Barrel

Pros

Competitive pay with other restaurants

Cons

For the amount of work expected, pay should be higher. Your hours are never garaunteed. Even if you're their best, they'll still walk all over you and ask you to jump through hoops for them.

Treat your employees like you care if they can maintain their income working for you. Listen to your experienced employees.

9. Not what is seems

Former Employee - Retail Associate in Fenton, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Associate in Fenton, MO

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great guests, get to meet people from all over, great discount on merchandise

Cons

No real benefits, they make it difficult to get health insurance, no 401K offered that I'm aware of, managers always coming and going,

Find something that works and stick to it. Treat your employees with respect.

10. It's got great benefits but employees don't stay long

I have been working at Cracker Barrel

Pros

It has great benefits and good pay

Cons

The industry is some times hard to work with

The management is pretty good. The GM is excellent and always listens to their employees.

11. Its a good job to get you to your next job lol

Former Employee - Server/Host
    Former Employee - Server/Host

I worked at Cracker Barrel

Pros

Discount. Discount. Discount. Discount. Discount.

Cons

Some managers aren't manager material.

Respect your employees more, don't forget about internal guest. Dont talk to employees as if you own them, yes we may only be worth a few dollars an hour to you but remember we are humans and can't do everything an we are worth so much more than a few dollars.