Crane Worldwide Logistics

Updated May 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Magee

Great ideals, hard to put into practice

Corporate Office (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCWW has lots of money to spend and they really focus on employees and benefits and perks. The corporate office is lavish and gorgeous, Pay is good and most people are very friendly.

ConsManagement cares deeply and wants this to be an excellent company. Getting that sentiment to filter down to the rank and file is easier said than done. While the corporate facility is amazing, other satellite offices struggle to keep the doors open. Even though "Challenge the Norm" is their motto, they're often caught up in how they've always done things.

Advice to Senior ManagementEver see the show "Undercover boss"? That would be a great thing for you all to do sometime. See what it really feels like to be working in the trenches.

Amazing to awful!

Export Agent (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorked at the corporate office. The desk level people are amazing and it's a very young atmosphere. You do have perks such as gym and a deli and beautiful building. But that's where it all ends....

ConsManagement is awful and doesn't have the slightest idea as to what they're doing, there is no guidance or training so be prepared to teach yourself and than get told you're doing it wrong. Management is never on the same page and they all will teach you how to achieve something differently. Many promises were made that they could never follow through with. The higher ups have amazing views of how the company should be but they could never follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementSwitch out all management completely, put managers above something of their expertise, it is not all about the reports. There is no such thing as a mandatory Saturday or Sunday. Get off your high horse!!

I enjoyed working with this company. Great dedicated people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a high energy company with probably the best people to work with I have ever had.

Conshighly demanding, little reward, always promises of a better future, little effort to actually achieve the better future for the employees. High burnout rate. Many people that have been there a while are skeptical of the promises.

Advice to Senior Managementtake a good hard look at promises you make to employees and do some serious self reflection on why they are not kept.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyed the relationship and time I had with Crane Worldwide Logistics

Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA growing company with several opportunities

Consputting the right people in the right position they apply for.

shipper

Shipping (Former Employee)

Prosmoney is good at times

Conshours are a lot like 12 to 15 a day

N/A .....

Industrial Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Environment, Amazing Management, Awesome Opportunity

ConsCan't recall anything bad about this company

Fast Paced, Upward Moving Company

ProsEveryone is friendly, the company is small, and you have an opportunity to contribute

ConsMore of a learn as you go type company, expected to figure how to do most of your for yourself

Good experience where the company takes care of its people

District Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery knowledgeable employees that care.

ConsStill a very small company and struggles to complete price wise with larger forwarders

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work ladies and gentlemen.

Account Coordinator

Account Coordinator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOn site gym, on site deli, beautful office building, flexible work schedule

Consracist, upper managment has no clue of what they are doing, must be in the white male club if you plan to be promoted, much butt kissing, lies to get you in the building once in you are screwed.

Advice to Senior Managementstart over and try again

Lack of Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe company is growing and expanding rapidly.
    Possible career growth possibility if company financial growth goals are meet.
    Higher than average monitary incentives.

ConsLack of clear operating and financial guidance set by executive management.
    Company is being sold to customers as a class leading IT structure. In actuality, IT is years behind the competitIon.
    Operating system is slow to work with, including many manual work arounds.
    Lack of work and personal life. Most of which could be corrected with better IT and/or better management.
    Too many high level managers/executives hired from other companies, lack of desk level employees to complete work load.
    Management lacks direct involvement. Manages from 50,000 feet, rather than getting their hands dirty.
    No real company structure. Every facilty operates in a different manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a moment to see what is actually happening, rather than reacting after there is an issue.
    Set accountability boundaries for positions.
    Less higher level hires, company needs more desk level employees.
    Improve external and internal IT systems.

Worked for Crane Worldwide Logistics? Contribute to the Community!