Cranes Software International Limited

Reset
2.6
CEO

1. Worked as Business HR for the Engineering Division

Former Employee - Senior Executive - Human Resources in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Executive - Human Resources in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to work. Good team coordination

Cons

Management of the company is not up to expectation.

Advice to Management

None at the moment.

2. Irresponsible and shameless management

Former Employee - Module Leader in Domlur (India)
    Former Employee - Module Leader in Domlur (India)

I worked at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for 5 years and initial years were good. worked in their varsity division. Not sure how it is now

Cons

where to begin? 2008 was bad for the industry. Cranes was no exception. salaries were delayed initially for 15-20 days, then 30-45 days. Cheque issued against delayed salary would bounce. payslips were issued regularly indicating PF and income tax deduction, but not submitted to the concerned departments. management folks kept assuring that we will not cheat you, every single penny would be paid. its 2014 and am still awaiting them to stand true their words. Form 16 also not issued for 2009-10. Full and final settlement not done still! Had even met the CEO personally and requested to release the pending due with no success than assurance. Complaints to labor department and income tax department have fell on deaf ears as they seem to have been bribed. They cleared the dues for people who didn't quit and stayed back. But for people who quit due there is no solution still.

Advice to Management

This is futile exercise as they don't give a damn, but still let me try and advice them: MAN UP! HOW CAN YOU GUYS SHAMELESSLY STILL RUN THE BUSINESS. THERE ARE 100'S OF OLD EMPLOYEES WAITING FOR THEIR DUES TO BE SETTLED, CALL ALL THEM AND SHOW THAT YOU ARE REAL MEN.

3. Good experience for a fresher

I have been working at Cranes Software International Limited

Pros

Wonderful products like Mathworks, dSPACE, Mentor Graphics . Exposed to the best technologies at early stage of my career

Cons

Later on Management did some blunders which ended Cranes and most of the current sales heads in India are ex cranes which means they spoiled themselves

5. Allowed me to turn my potential into something concrete, and will always fondly remember for that.

I worked at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

(I worked for almost 7 years there and quit in Dec 2012. Till 2008 recession all was good after which all hell broke loose) * Tremendous opportunity for the self driven and the talented to grow * Flexible work timings and casual and informal culture * Good hikes * Bosses were generally good and very approachable * Opportunity to interact with some brilliant and well known people from the world of Engineering and Statistics * Good locations (MG Road, Koramangala, Vasanthnagar - basically where all chicks are :P )

Cons

(All was well until 2008 recession after which) * All the big names left * Management (including HR) deteriorated rapidly and became authoritarian * Personal growth stunted - no appraisals and hikes * Self driven efforts had no one to pay attention to * Ambiguous stance on company growth with lot of handwaving and posturing * Owes a lot of money to a lot of employees, including former employees and yours truly * Company went into survival mode and engineering/innovation stagnated (June 2014 onwards some efforts are being made towards revival. I'd be very happy if that happens although I have moved on.)

Advice to Management

Regards recent past, 2010 onwards: There is a difference between creative engineers and shop floor laborers...both cannot be managed with same principles. Must introspect. Seriously.

6. good place to work with, one has the opportunity to learn lot about the acccounting fuctions

I worked at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

employee freedom, its a employee friendly company

Cons

lack of supervision, management should consider giving proper supervision

Advice to Management

appoint good mamagers

7. Good opportunity to start career as a fresher

I worked at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

opportunity to work on latest technologies. Team lead and project managers are very friendly and co-operative. Good work environment.

Cons

I had worked for two years. onsite opportunities are very minimal. Marketing strategy needs to be improved. Bonuses and other rewards are poor. Slow to adapt to rapidly changing markets.

Advice to Management

No advice.

8. best institution to learn technology

Former Employee - Trainee in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Trainee in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly advanced lab facility inside

Cons

less salary compared to other companies

Advice to Management

nil

9. Best is Past

Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was one of the most sought after company to work

Cons

Horrible Management...Lease Employee Care...Unethical Practices

10. Dont ever join this company. They have not paid months of salary to hundreds of people.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing good about this place

Cons

Only false promises. People who approach asking for pending salary are shooed away. Worst place to be in.

Advice to Management

Dont cheat people.

11. Ideal Work Environment and Culture.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Cranes Software International Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Great and highly qualified senior technical people 2. Flexibility 3. Salary 4. Great work 5. R&D kind of environment 6. Knowledge is valued

Cons

1. Company itself did not do well during recession which forced people to leave

Advice to Management

1. Be cautious with the market 2. In times to difficulty, do not lose your values, ethos and work culture

RSS Feed </> Embed