Crawford & Company

Be The First To
Add Photos

Crawford & Company Executive Vice-President & CEO Kevin B. Frawley

Kevin B. Frawley

Pros
  • The ability to work from home was a bonus(in 7 reviews)

• Lots of attention paid to work-life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Amount of work is not what it used to be, domestically(in 4 reviews)

Dir

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowth oriented and nicely expanding globally..

ConsNothing significant. Run better than most companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand service offering and be more proactive in the market place.

crawford & company

Executive General Adjuster (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIT is good, better than the competition, many dedicated employees to work with and to benefit from their years of experience, training is available, salary is fair to good, benefits are above average. (I worked there because I needed the job, so I would recommend C&C to a friend or someone that needs a claim job)

Conslack of culture. advancement is limited. sweat shop for many of the inside employees and examiners, reputation has gone down hill the last couple of years. local, regional and corporate managament is only interested in their own salaries and benefits in lieu of their employees

Advice to Senior Managementwake up and start doing the right things. restore crawford to the prestige the company enjoyed in the past

started out great, got worse over time

Vocational Consultant (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Proscompany car, good training, good benefits

Conspressure to produce, management lost track of the company's vision and became punitive instead of helpful

Advice to Senior Managementlearn about what the branches do

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HCL DR Project

Contractor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAs a contractor through HCL, I did not participate in the company's programs. I applaud the company, however, in its effort to move toward a more resilient IT infrastructure.

ConsI have no issues with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to move toward the resilient IT environment and move toward establishing a unified business continuity/disaster recovery department.

Great starting place

Former Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWhen given the time, one can become a great adjuster to springboard their career (typically somewhere else). Training used to be great and still is for Trainees. Time constraints of the job prevent managers from doing this.

If one can work independently, the flexibility of working from home is great; it's kept me here for 10+ years.

I have met and made friends with a lot of people here. It's unfortunate the morale is so bad.

ConsGood employees are not rewarded for their hard work, instead they are asked to do more while sub-standard employees skate by. Years of relationship building and experience are being thrown away with "restructuring" project while pitching a grass roots program to employees.

Being on call 24-7 is outlined as part of the job and a necessary evil, although it is a pain.

Benefits were changed along with every company in the US, but it hurts with a small pay increase once every 5 years.

Effective management techniques are ignored by those in charge to the point you feel you don't have a voice even as a manager/supervisor.

This is a people business, let's treat them as such and not as a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of good people have been negatively affected by your recent changes; GOOD people. How these decisions were made baffles those affected. Consider the source and ask those who do the job effectively as opposed to yes men. It's ok to hear varying opinions from blue collar workers who get the job done.

Listen to your field people who know claims if you want to get better or start selling policies; you are not an insurance company, you deal with claims and claims management solutions. It is a competitive marketplace, but you don't need to sell your soul.

Your technology is making it more difficult for old fashioned claims adjusting, which is what your clients are looking for.

Remember, your field staff brings in the revenue not your many VPs and directors. The arrogance of upper management would suggest advice as such of that above will be ignored anyway, making this review moot.

You are simply a contracted employee and mean nothing to management!

ProsPay was good
    Co-workers were nice
    Contracted company was the one I came from so environment was familiar and nice

ConsManagement was incompetent
    Management lacks care for employees
    As an employee you mean nothing to company

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers who actually know what they are doing and contracted company

Overall OK company to work for.

Property Adjuster (Current Employee)

ProsRemote work from home possible.
    Company car.
    Flexible schedule.
    Health care, 401k, etc available.
    Co-workers have been good but imagine that depends on branch.

ConsLong hours. Working from home and covering lots of territory means late nights. This is not a 9-5 clock in clock out job.
    Little training.
    Offered promotion then tranfer denied. Was not notified of this.
    Increased work and caseloads.
    Unrealistic production and quality goals. Auditing requirements increasingly strict making bonuses unattainable.
    Little to no yealry pay increases.
    Little opportunity for upward career movement.
    Bends over backwards for clients with little regard for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour promotional material comments on retaining talent and employees. A .5% to 1% increase isn't going to cut it after several years of freezes. Recognize the non tangible (customer service) aspect employees bring. Its not all about production and quality scores.

Fun but stressful job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI got to work with a great medium for my creativity, flowers.

ConsOwner was a micro manager

Advice to Senior ManagementLet everyone work and don't make them so nervous just because you walked into the room.

Lack of capable management led to unprofessionalism at all levels.

Multi-Line Adjuster (Former Employee)

ProsThe ability to work from home was a bonus.

ConsThe favoritism made the office an impossible place to work. Some workers are constantly 'on call' and others manage to avoid their on call week for months at a time. Lack of training and up to date IT systems made accomplishing a task more cumbersome than it should have been.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire only competent people and reward them appropriately.

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery experienced professionals and a variety of different cases, work is not monotonous. Fair salaries and competitive benefits

ConsAmount of work is not what it used to be, domestically. Insurance industry changed.

Worked for Crawford & Company? Contribute to the Community!