Crazy 8 Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Mark Breitbard

Pros
  • Great visual merchandising and fun environment (in 3 reviews)

• Great co-workers, had a lot of fun with customers and learning more about sales (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, not a lot of room to grow within the same store (in 3 reviews)

• They constantly send employees home early or ask us to come in later to try and save their payroll hours (in 3 reviews)

1. Store manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Salem, OR

I worked at Crazy 8 full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. The clothes are so adorable. My DM was awesome! Love that we didnt have to task during business hours.

Cons

-Since tasking during business hours is prohibited, the company should give a few more task hours to stores each week.
    -The pay was decent, not bad but not great.
    -Stores should be able to support 2 person coverage more. It's not really efficient to have single coverage for 3 hours in the morning.
    -Minimum 45 hr work week

2. Sales Associate

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time

Pros

Great work environment.
    Managers were friendly and understanding.
    Different experiences every day.
    Learned basic work ethics that benefited me in the future.

Cons

Not many downsides since many people know what sales associates must deal with on a daily basis. Working during the holidays is not fun and not having a lead position leads to you doing all of the "cleaning up" work during closing hours.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to treat ALL employees equally, especially those in lead positions and sales associates. It also would be more convenient to know all of the basics before starting to work on your own...having angry customers is not fun.

3. the company did not believe in coaching.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Crazy 8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast pace environment. I had a great team that was very much like family. The benefits were great.

Cons

district level management did not believe in coaching. The company's expectations were wat too high for the hours you receive. The company also believed in written documentation over coaching. It just felt like district level management didn't care.

Advice to Management

Invest in the people you have. Actually spend time with them and coach them through issues they may have.

5. Sales associate

I worked at Crazy 8

Pros

Easy job, some coworkers were friendly.

Cons

Was barely trained. Manager just stood behind me and corrected everything I did wrong without even showing or telling me how to do it first. Assistant manager wasnt friendly. Pay could be better. You are also on call more than actually working in the store. I once worked twice in 2 weeks with the rest of the days being on call. With that being said, pay is obviously not great

Advice to Management

Schedule more than 2 employees at a time so people wouldnt have to be on call so much.

6. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Katy, TX

I have been working at Crazy 8

Pros

The manager is super nice!

Cons

There is limited hour availability

Advice to Management

I don't really have any

7. Really great job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first joined the team at Crazy 8 at my location, the manager and assistant manager were amazing! They were kind and made you feel at home at the store. Flexible schedule, good location, great team.

Cons

I was a seasonal employee due to my attending university. I was called to work holidays in November and I was unable to, but I was able to later that year for winter holidays. When I called back, all management had changed and they had no record of me ever working there. I was shocked at the response I got and how my questions were received by the new management. Very rude. She said they did not need any more people, though I had received note they were severely understaffed and in search of employees. I was so sad that I would no longer get to work here, as it was once a great place to be with the old managers.

Advice to Management

Organization, especially with staffing. Patience, attitude, professionalism.

8. Part time associate

I worked at Crazy 8

Pros

Great discount, management works well with others.

Cons

Small Store, No benefits for part timers, no full-time unless you can get a transfer to a larger store.

9. Sales lead

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Crazy 8

Pros

Flexible hours for employee, growing room within the company. Have to enjoy children when working in the enviornment like I did.

Cons

Not enough hours throughout the year. The work load expected was a bit much for the pay. Security Could be a bit better so that thieves are deterred

10. Sales Lead

Former Employee - Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easily move up positions, employment discount, rewards (when they feel like it), nice store environment until drama starts.
    I started as a sales associate and was promoted to sales lead in 3 months. I also was not properly trained.

Cons

Not enough store hours, district manager did not care about employees, lack of employee training, will hire anyone, employees turn against each other because management is only concerned with numbers.

Advice to Management

Show more concerns for your employees because they are the one who makes your business one.

11. Family Like Environment

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Crazy 8 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff is small so you are able to get to know your employees. The company gives a great discount and depending on the Store Manager you have flexible hours.

Cons

If you move up within the company, your pay is horrible compared to if you would've came from an outside company. Because the staff is small, not a lot of people can take off of work at the same time. Sometimes it is tough to get a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep a full staff and back up interviewees.

RSS Feed </> Embed