Creation Technologies Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Bhawnesh Mathur

1. Wonderful company to work for.

Former Employee - Production Assembly in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Production Assembly in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Creation Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, easy job, pay not too bad. Hours are nice, benefits are really good. You stay busy so your day goes by fast.

Cons

If you don't like sitting for most of your day, then the job can be hard. You work with alot of small parts which can put strain on your eyes.

Advice to Management

Don't have any.

2. Could have been a great company but promoted the wrong people

Former Employee - Assembly Line in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Assembly Line in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Creation Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The working conditions were pretty nice for a factory. There were a variety of tasks that one could learn and opportunities to move to other assembly lines for a change of pace. Many of the workers had been there a long time as the company had previously been privately owned. I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and liked my job. I worked in different positions during my time with them before they closed.

Cons

They did a good job of promoting from within, but I think that this sometimes hurt the company as they often promoted individuals based upon their personal relationship with the individuals making the hiring decision. Choosing someone because they are your relative, your friend, or you just feel sorry for them is a recipe for disaster, and I believe this led the company to make poor business decisions and ignore quality issues. People were also allowed to use personal cell phones on the floor, and this was a major distraction which should never have been allowed.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. If you think it is okay to sit in front of your computer watching videos all day, you can't expect anything different from your workers. Avoid using excessively foul language. This should not have been allowed by workers, but what can you say when the leaders use it flagrantly in front of the workers? Choose to promote based on the qualifications and skills demonstrated by the individual, not because you think they are fun to be around.

3. Nice people, poor wages

Former Employee - Product Engineer
    Former Employee - Product Engineer

I worked at Creation Technologies full-time

Pros

The people at the BU are great. There are some very knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly people working at Creation. Also, the environment was never toxic and overly stressful. I never felt like I was being setup to fail or made to look dumb. Finally, I felt like a valued member of the team.

Cons

Despite feeling like I was a valued member of the team, I never felt like I was paid as such. For all the responsibility of the PE to start the process of building a product on the right foot, I was not paid as such. Also, there aren't many opportunities for engineering. There is no middle management and the people in management aren't going anywhere so the opportunities to advance in the company just aren't there.

Advice to Management

Please pay a competitive wage. From top to bottom, the wages at Creation are the lowest I've seen in any of my job searches. I would not have left (when I did) had I felt that I was being paid a wage I was worth.

Disjointed at best...

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

1) Huge salary divide for women vs men in the same role with similar experience 2) Deceiptful Regional Leaders (this may be giving him too much credit) 3) Lack of clear direction other than "Save money at all costs" 4) No respect for long-term customers 5) High spending by upper management on entertainment under guise of "relationship building" 6) Very little leadership development, more of a throw them in the middle of the ocean and see if they can swim.

Advice to Management

1) Reduce the demand on Regional Leader(s) that have more than 3 titles, because it spreads them thin and they aren't able to even pay attention to issues that are systemic at the BUs. 2) Hold the Sales and Marketing team responsible for outcomes, no new business is not a good thing... 3) Quit the double speak: "let's have a leadership get together with the CEO team in for 7 days with golfing, spa treatments, excessive drinking" on one hand, and "guys, we have to stop losing money, cut jobs at the $9/hr range" 4) When you close the next site, (notice I said "when" and not "if") try not to have a quip that makes the whole room clap for you, before you announce how difficult the decision was to eliminate 150+ jobs

6. Not the best place to work..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Creation Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Halfway decent pay depending on how much you suk up.

Cons

Constant belittlement from office staff to temps and new employees. Constant verbal fights, insults thrown around on production floor. Cursing, panic and blaming other people for normal production errors that could have been avoided if procedures had been followed. Staff meetings are nothing but a stab in the back get together to make yourself look good in front of the General Manger. Upper Management does not walk floor everyday. Does not know what's going on. Minimal HR representation. Have a problem? Tough. Probably your fault. Some employees that are either psychotic, drug users, alcoholic or just plain rude and disrespectful. Constant layoffs Managers, Supervisors are constantly being layed off or they just quit. Results: Employees take the role. Too many Chiefs. Confusion, no leadership. Inventory Control is non existent. Open stock rooms and no security. Procedures are not followed resulting in stressed work environment, mistakes, bad production, shortage of parts, oracle never updated to reflect current inventory. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Why try?

If you can stand verbal abuse, favoritism, and being lied to constantly, then it's a great place to work.

Former Employee - Production Team Member in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Production Team Member in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Creation Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not any real pros, but if you show up they'll pay you... Most of the time. If you can manage to become one of the favored, you don't have to work, just show up.

Cons

Nobody is held accountable for anything. Production processes are a joke. Need better production equipment but remodeled the break room instead. Can't trust management, will lie to your face and can't keep confidential conversations to themselves..

Advice to Management

Everyone isn't meant to be a leader, be careful who you put in charge. Some 20yr olds don't have the life experience to lead teams of people twice their age. All respect is lost for them as leaders when they respond to questions with immature remarks.

Hectic, Overwhelming, Abusive, Disorganized, Constant lay offs, Poor in keeping to procedures

I worked at Creation Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For some quick money it's ok, as long as you can take the verbal abuse and childish accusations. I learned curse words that management used against employees.

Cons

Getting the product out at any cost. Temporaries float in and out. Managers and Supervisors quit after a few months. Disorganized. Procedures are damned. Verbally abusive work place. Lack of responsibility. Lay offs come around every year. Low pay for the amount of work HEAPED on you. Temporary Culture. Management oversight is non existent. Manger doesn't even know wants going on other than how much revenue is being brought in or who to lay off. Meetings are nothing but a blame game, full of accusations and EXTREME anger. The problem is solved when someone can be blamed. Isn't so much a manufacturing company, more like a Hollywood tabloid. Hard to watch fellow employees being cursed at and accused of issues that never involved them. No incentives for the year other than HUGE amounts of overtime during the fourth quarter. If you value your self respect and blood pressure, steer clear.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. CT deserves your style.

9. Very fast pace, great people, young management team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Creation Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, very senior work force. Great team effort and very friendly. They offer fair salaries for most positions. Give back to the community with a variety of charities. They try and do the right thing with is nice. Nice blend of customers.

Cons

Young management team that doesn't make the best decisions. The company is going in the wrong direction. ( Bay Area team )

Advice to Management

Don't put the cart in front of the horse! Don't get upset when people give advice, that only means they care! Promote from within, acknowledge the team - they are the ones that make it happen.

Excellent Opportunity Destroyed by Localized Favoritism

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Creation Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Superb company culture, many business units with opportunity for career growth, excellent training regimen, diverse employee base.

Cons

Local business unit still being controlled by favoritism of a few mid-level management personnel. Unfortunately, some of these mid-level managers should have been fired many years ago for indiscretions, but remain on staff. New managementr has no clue about electronics manufacturing and is micro-managing and micro-controlling which does not fit the Creation culture.

Advice to Management

Before hiring a replacement manager for a business unit, due diligence in vetting the person's background and experience will save you the embarrassment of having to fire this person later.

It was a great place to work.

Former Employee - Various in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Various in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Creation Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company cares for it's customers. Most of the full hire employees work very hard to meet the customers product specifications and on time delivery.

Cons

Creation is going with the trend of only hiring contract workers. There are less and less long term employees there.

Advice to Management

Full hire employees care about the company and their customers. Contract workers often don't. If you want to please existing customers and win new business you need employees that care.

RSS Feed </> Embed