Creative Channel Services

Updated Mar 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Restivo

Decent Supplemental Cash, if you are central to your designated area.

Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Creative Channel Services part-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorked here since 2011.
Great for student looking for an easy dollar that you work to your schedule. As a student you cant really get that kind of flexibility doing anything else. A great move from standard retail you are seen as a professional and a person with knowledge. You have to want to help customer and the brand.

ConsNo compensation for using my own gear. Used my own SD cards, car,oil,phone, computer,gps you name it it was out of my pocket. I would drive upto 200 miles in day of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the client happy make sure they know what they are getting. Keeping them involved is important but make sure they dont take advantage of them. Some clients think they are the direct bosses and try to make you do things outside of the description. Management needs better communication skill at the lower level. The National managers are your best contact. I would always go straight to them.

An acceptable flexible job for the short run

Field Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Creative Channel Services part-time for less than a year

ProsSome flexibility with hours, pay per hour was nice, seasonal sales competition was nice

ConsInconsistent hours, not paid for all travel

Advice to Senior Managementkeep in touch with your reps, give more consistent hours per month.

A once great company losing all its Clients

Brand Ambassor, Retail Trainer (Former Employee)

I worked at Creative Channel Services part-time for more than a year

ProsAbility to make your own schedule. decent pay.

ConsNo benefits or travel time. passive agressive management. lack of training. No bonuses and little to no advancement possibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore trainings and training materials needed. Show that you LOVE the clients you represent. There is no positive reinforcement in this job. When you do a good job, reward your employees. You will get better employees that way

Another day another dollar

Assisted Sales Representative (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Creative Channel Services part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat as supplemental income
Flexible hours

ConsAdmin reports on Cognistix are tedious

Advice to Senior ManagementGo over upon hire the program expectations, the recruiters may not tell you that the program already started so if the recruiter says 8 week program but the program is already 3 weeks in, manager needs to go over again program details and times

part time/seasonal

Canon Assisted Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Porter Ranch, CA

I have been working at Creative Channel Services as a contractor for less than a year

Prosgood hourly pay, really give you everything you need, always a phone call away, every night you fill in what you sold (so take notes!)

Consonly was a seasonal job, once a week (i think it was) you had to call in the morning meeting and sign in,

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the work

Getting the Most out of employees while paying as little as possible

Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Creative Channel Services part-time for less than a year

ProsSome scheduling flexiblitiy
Learning and sharing about all the latest electronic devices
Good supplemental income for retirees or students

ConsThe best programs will require weekend work
Not fairly compensated for your administrative/reporting time
Not compensated for use of your own vehicle and home office and supplies
CCS call employees for "opportunities" that make no sense for example
they want you to visit 10 sites and earn $15 an hour. But you are to spend 1 hour per site. Visit 10 sites you will earn $150. The problem is your sites are all over the place you will burn a full tank of gas without compensation. After your costs you will earn less than $100 after taxes.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate greed is not good. Your treatment of field reps is unconscionable. If corporations are people, our society is doomed.

I have done a few assignments, but overall this is a good position if you are flexible and motivated.

ASR (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Creative Channel Services part-time for more than a year

ProsWeekend schedules, good training and reliable systems if you do your assignments and as you are instructed.

ConsWeekends are the mainstay of most work, and often changes are last minute. You must be flexible and able to make changes as necessary, since most are client demands.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great pay, great work experience, but a change in management ended all the great things.

National Product Trainer (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH

I worked at Creative Channel Services as a contractor for more than a year

ProsPay was very good for the requirements of the job. Lots of travel perks and just a fun bunch of people.

ConsChanged immediate managers and it went downhill quick. She made all kinds of changes that made the dynamic of my job and scope of responsibiities change for all the wrong reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementVet your managers and make sure they are qualified for the position you move them into. I understand giving someone a chance, but you need to also look at the impact on the team. Good and bad.

The Carrot is dangled in front of your face.

Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Creative Channel Services part-time for less than a year

ProsOne works from home and the bosses are far away. Seriously, that is the ONLY pro I can come up with.

ConsAs for cons, I am not sure where to start!
1. The commission struction is based upon activations / per hour. (sales)
2. The bosses will give one hour notice by email for a mandatory conference call.
3. The bosses will give one day notice or less for mandatory sales meetings. (Since the managers have to fly in and acquire hotel accommodations, you know they know in advance when they are coming to town.
4. The meetings and conference calls are UNPAID and take time away from acquiring sales.
5. You can only acquire sales face to face. That means NO internet sales allowed, NO fliers saying where you will be, and NO activations over the phone.
6. The bosses spend more time selling the workers and making hollow promises than teaching you how to make sales.
7. The bosses talk to the employees like they are children with their hands in the cookie jar!

This may sound like a disgruntled ex employee to you so let me give you a statistic.

90% of the field sales representatives stay for LESS than 30 days and earn $9 an hour or NOTHING at all! FACT FACT FACT!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing good. By that, I mean "doing good" for yourself! I do not believe that so many smart people do not realize the compensation plan is not good for the sales people.

Wonderful

Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Creative Channel Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOverall this was a great place to work. Client could be difficult, but that is why they're successful.

ConsLose a big client and lose a lot of great people. It's unfortunate, you feel after years and years the company is a career, not just a stop.

Worked for Creative Channel Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Creative Channel Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Creative Channel Services CEO Andy Restivo. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Creative Channel Services employees.