Creative Circle

Be The First To
Add Photos

Creative Circle

Started Off OK, But Now - Not So Much

Online Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsGood option for those seeking freelance work
Plenty of opportunities via e-mail
Convenient downtown location
Can apply online as well as communicate with appropriate recruiter

ConsLack of responsiveness
Lack of knowledge around appropriate behavior (was once asked if I would purchase a car just for a suburban assignment)
Tends to treat talent as cattle (preferring mass blasts vs. particular matching)
Recruiting staff tends to interfere with each other (essentially, they threw me under a bus rather than confirm that I was being honest and available for a position)
Positions are often resent without being filled and after being rejected

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving been part of Creative Circle's talent pool for a few years, I am really sad to see it decline. Yes, they have to serve the companies they're hiring for....but not at the expense of its talent. You might want to show more respect to your creative talent, because without us, you *don't* have a business.

Exceeded Expectations!

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI went into the interview with Creative Circle with a very cynical attitude. I had read online reviews that talked about bait and switch tactics, low wages and poor communication. When the recruiter told me that she might send me some jobs that were below my minimum if she thought they were a particularly good fit, I thought "Yep. Here we go. Nothing is going to come of this." I continued to find freelance jobs on my own and ignored the company postings. Then, several weeks later I got a call from the recruiter about a job that was a perfect match with my skills at a great company. The offer rate was too low, but she promised to negotiate a better rate. She absolutely came through! The communication was great. The job is great and the rate is exactly what I requested. I decided I had to take the time to write this review because I almost wrote the company off based on poor reviews. I'm very glad I did not!

ConsNone so far. I'm very pleased with my experience with Creative Circle so far. I'm just getting started on my first assignment. So far, so good!

Advice to Senior ManagementPosted job rates are way too low for experienced contractors. I did not trust the recruiter when she said she could negotiate higher rates based on my experience - and so I was not actively reviewing leads. I felt my time would be better spent finding jobs on my own. I would put more effort into explaining your ability to negotiate better rates for the right person.

They are super awesome, friendly, accommodating, helpful people that really work for the designer.

Freelance Designer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor for more than a year

ProsIf you're a beginning designer, they can find you really great experience for your resume.

ConsAs a designer, there's very little stability and it's up to you to keep applying to jobs. Also, many times when a client hires a temporary freelancer it's because there's some kind of SNAFU in their department and so you end up getting plopped in some stressful environments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Being Awesome!

Creative Circle aligns qualified talent with specific client needs for a solid experience for both parties.

Senior Designer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Creative Circle part-time for less than a year

ProsCreative Circle provides a wide variety of potential contract opportunities, with an easy-access way to gauge their suitability and the respond to express interest. Their online tools allow independent resources to easily track and report time on all projects in play.

ConsReally none that I've experienced to date

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to gauge the candidates as they work with clients, to refine the types of assignments where the design resources excel. Provide a more senior level of talent candidates to specific clients looking for a broader solution within one body (concept, design, delivery, etc.)

Worst experience ever (from a Recruiter standpoint)

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Creative Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros- Good comp plan, but comes at a cost
- Get to work on lots of jobs

Cons- Terrible work environment, constant arguments with co-workers as nobody communicates properly.
- Treat candidates like inventory due to high volume of applicants
- High mark-ups, low candidate pay
- Bad management - they like to intimidate you and put you down
- Roleplays, which is just another opportunity to pick on somebody and make them feel bad about themselves if they get the wording/answer wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease learn to invest in the people who are making the company money. Perhaps that way there won't be such a high turnover. People only stay because of the earning potential. Also, intimidation, insults, and purposefully creating chaos just creates bad morale.

Very hands-off contracting experience with not-the-best communication.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Creative Circle

Proscontractors are considered w-2 employees, so no worrying about paying self employment taxes
they provide health insurance
after six months, you get a few paid holidays a year

Conscommunication is lacking between the recruiter and the other two parties - the contractor and contractee had different understandings of the exact contracting situtation.
was contacted by other recruiters for other positions while in a contract and after having been moved to a full-time employee

Creative Temp Agency Freelance

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIf you can get an assignment here, working freelance offers some flexibility. Theoretically, you can make your own hours.

ConsTold by a former CC recruiter, some ads are phony. They low-ball the talent and misrepresent some assignments. In general, creative temp agencies represent the client's best interests and not the talent's at all. On-line pre-testing doesn't accurately determine talents experience and skill level.

Creative Circle is a great company to work

Corporate Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCreative Circle cares about people not just numbers. Great corporate support as an internal employee. I always feel like they are looking out for the best interest of their employees. They pay well, in a weak economy it is nice to have a company that still pays strong commissions.

ConsBetter family health plan would be nice but they have improved in this area a little bit each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth is great, careful not to grow too fast

Take caution. Great for temporary job - under certain conditions....

Web Designer (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor for less than a year

ProsCreative Circle has a lot of connections and jobs. If you are talented, there were be recruiters trying to find you work left and right. They will pay 30% insurance health premium after 1000 work hours.

ConsIf you are making $25/hour, so are they - for doing absolutely nothing. There are other agencies around that offer the same exact jobs for a lot more - I am talking over $20,000 more per year. These agents are so dishonest and out for the interest of themselves only. They know little about the design industry and are poorly qualified for their jobs. This leads to poor placement (over or under qualified candidates for a job), which means a high turnover rate, and all the blame on YOU, the designer.

Advice to Senior ManagementA sense of value, qualifications, and good customer relationship management will give you better reputation in the industry and less turnover rates, for the interest of yourself and good talent.

Good placement opportunities

Digital Display Designer/Developer (Current Employee)
Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat exposure to clientele and decision makers

ConsFinancial limitations for salary advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementFor short- to long-term contract placement, Creative Circle is a good resource.

Worked for Creative Circle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Creative Circle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Creative Circle employees.