Creative Circle Reviews

Updated March 23, 2015
88 reviews filtered by
2.7
Creative Circle

Pros
  • I continued to find freelance jobs on my own and ignored the company postings (in 4 reviews)

• Good option for those seeking freelance work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • These aren't full time positions by any means, and they don't pay what you can get dealing directly with clients (in 5 reviews)

• If you are applying for jobs and not getting them there is a reason (in 2 reviews)

1. Care about people and employees

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great salaries, really care about the people who work for them

Cons

Might be getting too big too fast

2. good people

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

lots of mails for job

Cons

company office looks good and nice people.

"I wouldn't rely on it"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

When you first meet with them, they are of-course very encouraging about your prospects. They are professional and courteous. Everyone is very pleasant and helpful. They have a lot of contacts and creative job opportunities.

Cons

Seems really difficult to get traction, and I wonder about the strength of their relationships to the companies they place with. They seem at their mercy. I also don't get a strong sense of how much they are advocating for me with a potential client. I had a much better sense of this with other placement agencies.

Over-communicate and value transparency.

5. Graphic Designer

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They will go to work for you with many well known and well paying clients. There was rarely a time I didn't have worked lined up and they really met my field of work.

Cons

Everyone had to make money and and their cut is standard. it's the companies you contract for that might not realize the extra they have to pay for quality talent.

6. Worked in the accounting dept

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

The owner of the company is nice

Cons

Management was horrible. Once they didn't like someone who challenged them they fired them. Workers were over worked and not compensated. Accounting dept and accounting management were not organized.

You need to care about the people working for you.

Absolutely the worst in the business

Former Employee - Freelancer
    Former Employee - Freelancer

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

If there were any positives to working with Creative Circle it would be that they are a big player in the market and get a lot of opportunities.

Cons

Lowest pay around.
    Egocentric and arrogant headhunters.
    Favoritism to preferred talent.
    Staff lacks true knowledge about the industry job responsibilities.
    Company only cares about there profits and not your well being.
    Very poor communications.
    Lack a personal touch.

Get over yourselves...

Freelancer Review - New York City office: Little consideration for their freelancers

Current Contractor - Freelance Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Freelance Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor

Pros

A chance to work at a diverse roster of companies that do all kinds of business in creative fields. No company is too big or too small for them to send you to.

Cons

• They low-ball their freelancers hourly rates, often taking about 40% of what a freelancer should get paid.

All the agents care about is sending people out as quickly as possible with no regard for the welfare of their freelancers, making them shoddy "hustlers".

In general, the company has no regard for their freelancers and the pay a low hourly rate. The agents are so busy trying to fill positions as fast as they can, that the way the do business is slip-shod.

For example:

• Some of the agents have bad attitudes, don't know where they propose to send you (one suggested a place for me to work that was 5 hours away because she didn't know where the city was located that she wanted to send me to) and are unprofessional in general.

• One agent sent a freelancer to several different locations in 1 morning because the client changed it, then got angry and arrogant with him because he was in the subway not realizing that the location was changed. The agent "dismissed" him when he told her he did not get her call about the location change, saying she "didn't want to hear it" when he explained why he didn't receive her call. He was even questioned as to whether he really wanted to work or not (VERY disrespectful), and of course, ended up late to the job, which was all she was concerned with to begin with.

• They may send you someplace not realizing that it's a holiday and the workplace is closed. No compensation for your time wasted and agent didn't know that their freelancers were to get paid a minimum for their error. After "negotiating" for 2 hours pay for time wasted, I did not get reimbursement for cost of transportation to get to the non-existent job.

• They may send you someplace and not tell you that you have to bring your own laptop, where you end up going home with no compensation for time wasted due to their error.

• If a client doesn't pay them on time, they may make you wait to get paid until they get paid first.

• There are often jobs available where the freelancer is expected to have the talent and responsibilities of a Creative Director, Sr. Art Director, Web designer, coder, graphic artist and production person, all for $30/hour.

• If you are expert/proficient in many areas, they will often decide to pigeon-hole you into one category that may be generally low-paying, not giving the freelancer an opportunity to make a higher hourly rate in another area of their expertise that might be available and pay more. The agents will place you according to what THEY can make fast money off of, with no consideration to the benefit of the freelancer.

Raise the hourly rate for your freelancers to coincide with the cost of living and the freelancer's experience.
    The NY office needs to get their act together. Train your agents to do their job, to be respectful and professional.
    Treat your freelancers as professionals, not dispensable cattle.
    Do not make freelancers wait to get paid according to when your client (company) decides to pays you.

Great way to get started

Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Seattle, WA
    Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Working with Creative Circle is a great way for designers who are just starting their careers to get experience and meet people. Huge opportunity to grow and develop as a professional! Lots of different little jobs means lots of diverse experiences. It's a great way to learn new skills and practice old ones.

Cons

Eventually, you might want to settle down. Creative Circle offers almost all temporary jobs - very few full time, permanent jobs. This means you have to be flexible and willing to pick up where another designer left off, or leave a project for another designer to pick up. If you decide you'd like to work somewhere permanently, you can't work with any company that found you through Creative Circle, unless that company pays CC a fee. This can leave you in an awkward, in-between spot.

Creative Circle has undermined freelancers since 911.

Former Employee - Freelance Production in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Freelance Production in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

if getting one quarter of what you should be making is okay with you then you will be happy to enslave yourself to this company.

Cons

Freelancers should get up off your duffs and make your own cold calls!!! This company thrived after 911.

Making money since 2002 off 911 in disgusting.

The worst of the worst of temp agencies. Please avoid!

Former Contractor - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

If you need work, you need work, and sometimes it doesn't matter who you work for. Creative Circle is a nasty bunch, but if you are desperate you might just need to get something to pay rent.

Cons

They pay half the going rate -- or less -- for creative talent. I have personally had the experience of them sending out my resume to companies without my knowledge in order to claim me and block me from working at those agencies either independently or through other staffing agencies. Additionally, they are very low regarded in the creative world, and they treat their talent POORLY.