Creative Circle Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Creative Circle

Pros
  • I continued to find freelance jobs on my own and ignored the company postings (in 4 reviews)

• Good option for those seeking freelance work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • These aren't full time positions by any means, and they don't pay what you can get dealing directly with clients (in 5 reviews)

• The recruiter I worked with sent me on 2 interviews in 2 years (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Love working for Creative Circle!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been working for Creative Circle for close to 10 years and can honestly say I love my job! The company has always had a genuine interest in my career and given me all the necessary tools to be successful. I might be the only person on the planet that is excited on Sunday nights that I get to go into work on Mondays! The days go by fast, I get to work with high level talent and clients and on top of it, I get paid to do this!

It doesn't feel like a job. I feel like the luckiest girl on the planet to have gotten this job!

A few of my favorite parts of this job:

Helping people find new opportunities and jobs
    The fast paced environment, days go by so quickly!
    The culture, we truly strive to have fun while we are working
    Meeting with extremely talented folks in Advertising and Marketing
    The list goes on!

Cons

I honestly cannot say anything bad about this company! They truly take good care of their employees!

Digital Media Designer

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

They send you job leads.

Cons

Waiting lines for staffing jobs can be long.

Not great...

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

The people who work there are nice people - very friendly and a lot of job postings

Cons

Never followed up on any jobs they discussed with me

Advice to Management

Deeply cares about the success of its employees, proven by a strong support network, training and ongoing mentoring.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

-Strong training program
    -highly competitive compensation plan & incentives
    -Culture is fun, energetic, hard-working, competitive, supportive, and respectful
    -Even though Creative Circle is at 22+ offices, it feels like one big, connected family

Cons

If you're a hard-working person who thrives on competition and is inspired by both the people and the work that comes out of the creative/interactive/advertising/marketing industry; you really wont find much wrong with this company.

Management snobbish

Former Employee - Production Artist/Photo Retoucher in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Production Artist/Photo Retoucher in Seattle, WA

I worked at Creative Circle (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for freelance or contract gigs

Cons

Management stuck up attitudes and indifferent to job seekers

Advice to Management

Clean house

"Placement" agency

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

I honestly haven't had a good experience with them whatsoever. Please see the cons section. I'm not typically one to leave poor reviews, but in this case it's more than warranted.

Cons

Have been applying for jobs with Creative Circle for almost a year. I haven't received one warm lead from them in that time. Some of these jobs are a total home run based on my skills and background, and to not even get an interview is very disappointing. In my estimation their ability to follow up and actually place people is sub-par. I would say it's "ok" to get a sense of what types of jobs are out there but other than that a total waste of time IMHO. :(

Advice to Management

Get your act together!

Worthless organization

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

Absolutely no pros about this company.

Cons

When Creative Circle sends out emails for jobs, I don't think the recruiters look at the applications. It's more like first come, first served, and those are the people who get "sent over to the client," not whether you're a fit for the position. The emails they send ask for samples and a resume that relate to the position, yet somehow when you're called about submitting your profile over, they ask if you can submit samples because they haven't looked at the ones you've sent! They also don't care to help their candidates once they're in positions. You're just a nuisance. And when your info is submitted to a candidate, they don't have the decency or wherewithal to tell you whether you're still in the running or not. SHouldn't be too much of a problem considering they supposedly only send between 1-3 people to a company for any position. Horrible, horrible company. Everyone I've talked to who has worked with Creative Circle and is in a creative industry has said that they are completely useless--at least 15 people that I've talked to--some of them are now working for Leo Burnett and other large, prestigious companies, no thanks to Creative Circle.

Advice to Management

Train your recruiters to RECRUIT: help you through the process; follow up with you and with the company; be thorough with your vetting of candidates instead of first come first served; learn to help your candidates before, during and after the recruitment process. Be BETTER instead of sucking.

9. Graphic Designer

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

They are a busy recruiting firm with plenty of work available.

Cons

It's hard to apply for work through anyone other than the one rep that is assigned to you.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have more feedback from clients and occasional portfolio/resume reviews.

Great experience since day one!

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked with Creative Circle for over 7 years and I'm glad to be part of an amazing group of people. Every employee is passionate about what they do and always strive to get better in an industry that is consistently changing. Creative Circle offers medical, 401(k), vacation, holiday pay and most importantly a work/life balance. The best feeling is knowing that your teammates care and believe in the company core values just as much as you do.

Cons

The expectations set are high but why would you ever want to work for an employer that doesn't tap into your highest potential.

11. A Petty Agency That

Former Employee - Contractor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Contractor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

In my experience, there are no pros working for these folks. It's all about their egos and petty little attitudes.

Cons

Lack of respect for contractors. No follow through. Poor communications. Unprofessional, rude and petty, sniping individuals with poor people skills.

Advice to Management

Start all over. Quit treating your contractors in an unprofessional manner.

RSS Feed </> Embed