Creative Circle

Be The First To
Add Photos

Creative Circle

Interesting work

IOS Developer (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor for less than a year

Proslearn from different projects, interesting

Conslack of communication, projects seems limited.

Too many gaps in experience.

Freelance Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGot work with a great employer, where I learned a lot and got valuable experience.

ConsHard to contact afterward. Rarely hear from them. Questions went unanswered.

Quick turn around to find basic design work (Contracts/freelance) within the Minneapolis Market Area

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor for less than a year

ProsPersonal, great listeners, helpful reps with making your portfolio look the best it can, so you in-turn are marketable to there clients. I had a contract work within 2 weeks after meeting with a rep!

ConsSome of the contact work was very basic, I was not challenged. But great design contacts if you want something that isn't stressful and just want to take your time creating layouts.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnline time cards needs work. Not very easy to understand.

I've worked as an editor and proofreader with a variety of clients.

Content Writer/Editor (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood people. Interesting assignments. Opportunities to meet people who will share your name and abilities and quality of work. Highly recommended.

ConsThese aren't full time positions by any means, and they don't pay what you can get dealing directly with clients.

They've been super helpful with my job search and are always very professional and caring.

Candidate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey really take the time to get to know you, what you want, and to find you the right opportunities.

ConsNone so far, but I'm new to the company.

The most unprofessional agency I have ever worked with

Boston, MA

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor

ProsThere is not one nice word I can say about this branch of the company

ConsSO MANY THINGS TO SAY: They used a "new to the business/job" person, who got me complete with a confirmation email. Then they made a move that I did not ask for or approve of, that cost me the position. The location and all its employees would not own up to the mistake. Even those in upper management. So I asked to not work with that rep. They did get me work, eventually and I got good reviews. But now I apply and and contact my representative, I get one word responses "apply to jobs you see online" Really? For that I found the response to be abrupt and rude. When I pointed this out, they accused me of being unprofessional, because they say there was bad language said to a rep. back in the summer. However they won't tell me what it is I said or provide proof. Then had the nerve to tell me they won't go forward working with me. REALLY???? You guys dont do your job and I get cut... UNBELIEVABLE!! Maybe it is a blessing for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that freelancers are your money makers. Treat them with respect and keep in contact with them on a regular basis. Own up to mistakes made.

Bait & Switch Recruiter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Creative Circle for less than a year

ProsIf you're looking for freelance work with no long-term stability or benefits and don't mind being duped into applying for fake jobs, this may be the recruiting agency for you.

ConsThe company Creative Circle, LLC is a bait & switch recruiting agency. They post highly desirable job postings and then, if they even bother to email you back, they email back to say their 'client has changed their mind' and then Creative Circle will provide you with a completely different job to apply for that is not nearly as exciting as the original post.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure your staff are posting legitimate job postings, ensure your staff follow-up with job seekers with correct & complete information & instructions in professionally formatted emails.

I Think I'm Just Going To Stop Responding To Their Emails

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor

ProsI guess they seem nice enough.

ConsI submitted a resume in response to a online ad and received a call from their receptionist a couple weeks later. She scheduled an in-person interview for the following week; I filled out a candidate profile online before the interview, as well as a stack of paperwork at their office. Unlike what several reviewers below mention, the guy I met with actually had a creative background at a reputable Ad agency. Both he and the receptionist were really nice and I felt comfortable dealing with them.

I was told to periodically check their website site. If I saw any jobs that interested me I was to apply online or contact the person I interviewed with. I've since applied for several jobs on their website. I've also sent 2-3 resumes in response to emails soliciting resumes that have come into my inbox. Based on the job descriptions, most of these jobs I have been very well qualified for.

But no matter what the position is, or how well qualified I am, I have not heard back from anyone at Creative Circle. I've sent 4-5 resumes in 6-8 weeks and haven't heard so much as a peep from anyone. Not much response to my follow-up efforts either. Reading other reviews, I see that this is apparently pretty normal, which is both rude and aggravating.

Gotta admit that this is getting somewhat frustrating. Especially after they reached out to a lot of my professional references. There are a lot of other jobs out there for which I can apply. So instead of wasting much more time and effort with Creative Circle with no return, I think that I'm going to stop responding to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more responsive to job applicants, one way or the other. It helps to know where we stand after being invited to submit a resume for a freelance or full-time position.

Started Off OK, But Now - Not So Much

Online Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsGood option for those seeking freelance work
Plenty of opportunities via e-mail
Convenient downtown location
Can apply online as well as communicate with appropriate recruiter

ConsLack of responsiveness
Lack of knowledge around appropriate behavior (was once asked if I would purchase a car just for a suburban assignment)
Tends to treat talent as cattle (preferring mass blasts vs. particular matching)
Recruiting staff tends to interfere with each other (essentially, they threw me under a bus rather than confirm that I was being honest and available for a position)
Positions are often resent without being filled and after being rejected

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving been part of Creative Circle's talent pool for a few years, I am really sad to see it decline. Yes, they have to serve the companies they're hiring for....but not at the expense of its talent. You might want to show more respect to your creative talent, because without us, you *don't* have a business.

Creative Circle is a good resource for freelancers--but it shouldn't be their only resource.

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor for less than a year

ProsCompared with other temporary staffing agencies I've dealt with, Creative Circle is much more proactive. I receive several e-mails a day notifying me of jobs that may match my skills, and recruiters will call when they think they've found a particularly relevant position for me. Even when a possible job falls through, I appreciate their effort to keep me in the loop.

ConsI'm not sure how well equipped (or willing) the recruiters are to evaluate their talent's competence. At one short-term engagement where Creative Circle had supplied eight proofreaders, I was shocked to discover that I was the only one who was formally trained and was actually familiar with proofreaders' marks and conventions.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope your behind-the-scenes operations are as polished as the image your recruiters present to job candidates.

Worked for Creative Circle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Creative Circle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Creative Circle employees.