Creative Circle

Updated August 11, 2014
Updated August 11, 2014

2.7

Creative Circle

Pros
  • Good option for those seeking freelance work (in 3 reviews)

• Creative Circle seems to have a lot of connections and they got me a freelance job within a few weeks at the rate I requested (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • These aren't full time positions by any means, and they don't pay what you can get dealing directly with clients (in 5 reviews)

• If you are applying for jobs and not getting them there is a reason (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible. Do not use them.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

There might be a 1 percent chance you will get a job

Cons

Rude management, low pay. They don't know how to sell you to the client. Unorganized and unprofessional.

Get another job. You guys suck.

Good for new talent starting out, personable as a brick

Pros

Aggressive sales force that services customers with talent. They do have a good screening process takes about :20min , they tell you this upfront- so GET YOURSELF ORGANIZED BEFORE you enter the meeting. Just hit the high points.

Cons

Kinda slimy way of doing biz. Not really a good place for long term assignments as their niche is filling next day and 3 day assignments. They ONLY service design and ad agencies, therefore these business will turn over talent. DO NOT look to this agency for a long-term assignment as this is NOT in their business model.

Great support in finding jobs

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Seattle, WA

Pros

They tailor job opportunities closely to your skills and interests.
    They provide plentiful job offerings. Every job I've gotten through them has been a terrific experience.

Cons

Not a lot of feedback on the jobs you've applied for.
    You don't really know if you're being considered or not

Just a quick email saying whether or not you've made the selection cut would be great.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good projects and clear communication.

Former Employee - Production Designer  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

The team at Creative Circle in Philadelphia helped me find great projects while I was between positions for over 3 months. I truly enjoyed the projects they placed me with and every interview process was smooth. I would still be using them had I not found a full time role so close to home.

Cons

Some of the projects were far away but they always gave you the option to choose. No real cons for my experience.

More like Creative Circle of Pimps.

Former Employee - Contractor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Contractor in New York, NY

Pros

The only positive thing I can say is, if you are desperate for work, they might,
    might find you something.

Cons

The first red flag was right after I signed up with them. My recruiter, without getting my permission, called my business references--but not to ask about me per se, but to help CC drum up more business! Needless to say they (my business contacts) did not appreciate it...at all! The second red flag: Their e-mail blasts system of giving out assignments. There is no appreciation for a job well done by contractors. We all have to get the next gig by responding to e-mail blasts advertising assignments (i.e. send in a response along with nine gazilla other contractors. If I wanted to live this way, I would have been an actor.) The third red flag: These people are stone cold PIMPS! They get a huge cut of your pay (upwards of 50%!). No loyalty on their part at all--it doesn't matter how talented or responsible you are. Creative Circle? More like Creative Circle of Pimps.

Stop being so damn greedy and pay your contractors what they are worth--especially the talented, responsible, and hardworking ones. Reward loyalty and hard work. Treat contractors as individuals and not cattle.

THERE IS NO WORSE PLACE TO MAKE A LIVING EXCEPT MCDONALDS

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

They pay you every other week.

Cons

They are so disorganized and inexperienced, they totally muck up the freelance market by signing up all of this talent they keep spinning on hope for jobs that usually do not exist. They do not even have a real job order and will run massive Craigslist and Commarts listings for talent then use that response to go to a hiring manager to show them they have the creative firepower when they need it. Totally bogus. And the recruiters never spent a day in an ad agency or design firm in their life. Just out of school, wannabe Wolves of Wall Street using you like fresh meat to make the sale then on to the next. Your book gets chopped to shreds. You get sold for cheap and paid even worse because they take half of the billable rate. And they could care less if you're happy with the rate, the opportunity. With anything. For them, it's always "next". If your fresh out of school. Don't work for them. They will just run down your name and tie you up from working direct. And there's no senior manager at their central office to complain to or find accountable. They want to be hidden. The real management of Creative Circle. No wonder.

Just sell to someone who wants to build a real responsible creative staffing biz.

No tact

Pros

Creative circle was once pretty good a long time ago and I wish I could think of a pro but when you've grown as large as Creative Circle and have lost your way then it's hard to think of anything.

Cons

Creative circle has always been one of those placement agencies where you wonder if they truly care about their talent or is it more so a "just get'em in there" profit turning mentality.

Today I received one of their automated emails, that never seem to have a live person at the end, that advertised a position they are trying to fill. And in that email, after the salutation, "Dear so and so" it said in bold:

*Not you, but you know someone who may be interested? Please pass along to anyone you think may be a fit.**

Really? This is how you are going to entice me to pass along your info to my contacts? Creative Circle you're so crass and I have had enough.

The clients pay the bills but your talent is your product. Treat enough of us poorly and as a commodity rather than a person, and you soon won't have any decent talent left.

Only good if you are brand new to a creative field

Former Employee - Presentation Designer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Presentation Designer in New York, NY

Pros

They have a huge selection of agencies that they work with so if a creative is just starting out and want to get a variety of experience quickly a creative placement agency is the way to go

Cons

They low ball you on pay, take at least half or more. They also go on other creative job sites and over saturate the listings with their available jobs. They don't seem to keep your information on file because they will send out emails about jobs and then ask for you to reply if qualified and attach your resume?
    To sum up–there are other creative placement agencies that do a much better job. TRY TO WORK WITH SMALLER CREATIVE PLACEMENT AGENCIES. More personalized attention. I will never work with Creative Circle again.

Takes half your pay while increasing competition.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

It's easy to find work with CC if you are relentlessly persistent in your regular job search and available the day they want you to start with their client. Basically, you could be in the running for a position for 2 months but, if you can't be in on Friday when they call you Thursday, you lose it.

Cons

This is the most hands off recruiter yet. They don't check up on their clients. The only time they ask how you are doing is when your contract ends. Their Healthcare is grandfathered in and does not meet Obamacare minimum. The staff is hard to get a hold of to accomplish even simple administrative efforts such as changing direct deposit information.

Treat your contractors and clients with more concern.

They don't care about you

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Fast placement and lots of gigs

Cons

I've worked with them in the past and they did place me at full-time staff position years ago. This time around I am freelance to perm.

Terrible communication, disorganized. They did everything wrong from the minute I stepped in the door, from having an outdated resume to losing the background check and therefore costing me a week's worth of work. They placed me then didn't respond to my emails. Totally ignored me and left me on my own. My first paycheck was weeks late because the recruiter didn't set up my supervisor in the system. When I contacted my recruiter about the lag, she said, "You'll get paid. Promise!!" Entirely unprofessional.

They only offered vision and dental even though I was a full-time freelance contractor. They contacted me two days before my contract ended and I responded to the recruiter's email and she never wrote back. Now they are sending me job postings that have nothing to do with my field or what I do. So frustrating. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

Hire some recruiters who know what they are doing and who know how to answer emails.

Worked for Creative Circle? Contribute to the Community!