Creative Computing Solutions

www.ccsin.com

Creative Computing Solutions Reviews

3.2

Manju Bewtra

One of the best places I've ever worked.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very supportive of all staff. Even if you're billable staff, they don't just throw you away when the contract is over. Always working to improve your skill sets so you don't get pigeonholed. Telecommuting wasn't a problem either. Everyone I knew felt like they were almost family.

Cons

It is a Federal contractor - the pro's and con's of that are fairly obvious: you can't stay on the bench forever.

Stay the course!

my review

Former Employee - Change Management Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Change Management Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee concerned, great insurance, great benefits

Cons

None. CCSi was the best company I ever worked for.

You are were the best management. No advice to give.

Excellent

Former Employee - Change Management Analyst in Crystal City, VA
    Former Employee - Change Management Analyst in Crystal City, VA

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CCSi was employee oriented. Always took their employees interest first. When the contract was not extended with the DoD, they opened their arms to help the affected personnel in whatever way they could.

Cons

No severance pay when layoffs were inevitable.

Creative Computing Solutions Inc - Satisfied

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions as a contractor

Pros

CCSI had a positive impact on productivity and morale. Excellent support to our team. Worked with our work schedule we had.

The employees at Creative Computing Solutions Inc are very qualified for their respective positions. The company contributes back with community volunteer opportunities and college scholarships. The company has numerous certifications and this looks great on paper.

Cons

Not much to say negative they do what they say and have provided quality work.

Good company if you are proactive with them

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small enough so you can get to know the management and large enough so you can potentially move to another contract at the end of one. However you would be wise to keep your ear to the ground to find out about opportunities. No one is going to look out for you necessarily.

Cons

Bonuses, if any, are on the small side. It is next to impossible to get a substantial raise without threatening to quit.

Reward good employees or they will quickly find greener pastures.

Not as committed to diversity as they claim

Former Employee - N/A in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - N/A in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Knowledgeable in specific verticals. The SVP of Operations truly cares about employees. Commitment to training is impressive.

Cons

Commitment to diversity is misleading. The reality is only specific diverse groups are respected and defended. HR does not have a consistent methodology for dealing with harassment and hostile environments complaints. Rather it’s governed by the perceived power of the accused. Uses a “vilify the victim” approach.

Claims a commitment to diversity but is unwilling to create diversity enhancing activates (committees, organizations and events)

The head of HR should be required to get more direct training in Human Resources with a concentration of Diversity and Hostile Work environments. Memberships in HR organization are different from commitment to learning.

Very negative. Not winning a lot of business. They put more resources into proposals than operations.

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions

Pros

Not much. They promise a lot and throw a lot of parties. They are committed to community service. They just don't have Senior Manager participation. Bonuses have been decent.

Cons

A lot. The CEO is an idealist who listens only to those who give him information he wants to hear. Many employees get bullied out of the organization and all the CEO offers is money.

They are loosing a lot of business and are not being clear with employees on what is the vision. They invest more in proposals and have a lot of Senior Managers in BD.

I felt my last two years I worked more for BD than my contract.

Invest in the business you have, not the business you want to get.

Issues with discrimination

I have been working at Creative Computing Solutions

Pros

The company has some decent talent and employees with strong work ethics

Cons

From colleagues and friends who are tied in legal matters with this organization, there seems to be a number of discriminatory issues in its management ranks. In addition to this, I have learned of many Human Resource violations derived from personnel and employee relations.

Good on paper, bad in practice.

Former Employee - Functional Analyst in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Functional Analyst in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions

Pros

Some upper-middle management are personable and care about employees. Those individuals strive to connect with people within their contract and are enjoyable to work with.
    Flexibility: Depending on the contract, you have large flexibility with your schedule (AWS is allowed for at least one contract.) Most employees are very qualified for their respective positions. The company contributes back with community volunteer opportunities and college scholarships. The company has numerous certifications and looks good on paper.

Cons

Retention: There is an extremely high turnover rate. I estimate at least 2 people leave every 6 weeks and 90% quit before reaching a year with the company.
    Growth/Satisfaction: None. There is absolutely no room for growth or advancement; which has been openly expressed by numerous management and HR personnel. There is no "cohesion.” In general, there is a lack of respect which is perceived on both ends.
    Contracts: Government management has expressed contempt and extreme annoyance for management at CCSi.
    I was a loyal employee but experienced and witnessed the extreme lack of business sense, professionalism, and the pure apathy expressed by the company towards its employees. If you are looking for quick work while you wait for another job or clearance, this is the place for you. However, it is not a lasting work place. If you have been contracting or in the IT field for over 20 years, you will probably not have the same experience as myself, But if you are relatively new to the field they will take advantage of you.

Provide a potential career path for new and lower-level employees. Talk straight to employees that raise concerns. Foster a better work environment and encourage respect from all parties. Make the company a place employees are proud to work; subcontracting companies treat their employees better, which is detrimental to the work environment. Take control of your contracts and establish better relationships with your clients.