Creative Computing Solutions Reviews

Updated March 21, 2015
11 reviews filtered by
2.8
Manju Bewtra

1. Not that impressed. More interested in winning contracts than working them.

I have been working at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Social environment is good. Went down hill since they lost their top security guy.

Cons

The CEO is the most dense person I've met. He's not our father, God forbid he talk to us like we're adults. He's so focused on new business he's turned over his proposal team four times in four years. Says something.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people. And get a diverse recruiting team. They just lost the Dir, of Recruiting after firing all the diverse people who worked in recruiting.

2. Was horrible! The owners are completely out of touch with the rest of the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions

Pros

Allowed me to develop some tools

Cons

Very discriminatory environment. They treat minorities like second class citizens. I think someone is suing them for this. They lie about opportunity.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to bigger company.

3. Great place to work

Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Creative Computing Solutions

Pros

At CCSi, the upper management team was engaged and they really did care about their team, both at corporate and the folks in the field.

Cons

As with any Federal Contractor, there is always an issue with resource balance and when a contract does come to an end. At CCSi, they did try fairly hard to finds folks a position even after a contract went away.

Advice to Management

Please engaged with the employees who are on contract and make sure that they feel that they have a voice and that they have the tools needed for them to succeed.

This is great place to work!

5. Good company if you are proactive with them

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small enough so you can get to know the management and large enough so you can potentially move to another contract at the end of one. However you would be wise to keep your ear to the ground to find out about opportunities. No one is going to look out for you necessarily.

Cons

Bonuses, if any, are on the small side. It is next to impossible to get a substantial raise without threatening to quit.

Advice to Management

Reward good employees or they will quickly find greener pastures.

6. Very negative. Not winning a lot of business. They put more resources into proposals than operations.

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions

Pros

Not much. They promise a lot and throw a lot of parties. They are committed to community service. They just don't have Senior Manager participation. Bonuses have been decent.

Cons

A lot. The CEO is an idealist who listens only to those who give him information he wants to hear. Many employees get bullied out of the organization and all the CEO offers is money.

They are loosing a lot of business and are not being clear with employees on what is the vision. They invest more in proposals and have a lot of Senior Managers in BD.

I felt my last two years I worked more for BD than my contract.

Advice to Management

Invest in the business you have, not the business you want to get.

7. Issues with discrimination

I have been working at Creative Computing Solutions

Pros

The company has some decent talent and employees with strong work ethics

Cons

From colleagues and friends who are tied in legal matters with this organization, there seems to be a number of discriminatory issues in its management ranks. In addition to this, I have learned of many Human Resource violations derived from personnel and employee relations.

8. One of the best places I've ever worked.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very supportive of all staff. Even if you're billable staff, they don't just throw you away when the contract is over. Always working to improve your skill sets so you don't get pigeonholed. Telecommuting wasn't a problem either. Everyone I knew felt like they were almost family.

Cons

It is a Federal contractor - the pro's and con's of that are fairly obvious: you can't stay on the bench forever.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

9. my review

Former Employee - Change Management Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Change Management Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee concerned, great insurance, great benefits

Cons

None. CCSi was the best company I ever worked for.

Advice to Management

You are were the best management. No advice to give.

10. Not as committed to diversity as they claim

Former Employee - N/A in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - N/A in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Knowledgeable in specific verticals. The SVP of Operations truly cares about employees. Commitment to training is impressive.

Cons

Commitment to diversity is misleading. The reality is only specific diverse groups are respected and defended. HR does not have a consistent methodology for dealing with harassment and hostile environments complaints. Rather it’s governed by the perceived power of the accused. Uses a “vilify the victim” approach.

Claims a commitment to diversity but is unwilling to create diversity enhancing activates (committees, organizations and events)

Advice to Management

The head of HR should be required to get more direct training in Human Resources with a concentration of Diversity and Hostile Work environments. Memberships in HR organization are different from commitment to learning.

11. Creative Computing Solutions Inc - Satisfied

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Creative Computing Solutions as a contractor

Pros

CCSI had a positive impact on productivity and morale. Excellent support to our team. Worked with our work schedule we had.

The employees at Creative Computing Solutions Inc are very qualified for their respective positions. The company contributes back with community volunteer opportunities and college scholarships. The company has numerous certifications and this looks great on paper.

Cons

Not much to say negative they do what they say and have provided quality work.

Advice to Management

Provide a potential career path for new and lower-level employees. Talk straight to employees that raise concerns