Creative Financial Staffing Reviews

Updated March 19, 2015
52 reviews filtered by
3.9
Daniel J. Casey

Pros
  • the affiliation with professional CPA firms adds value for clients and candidates (in 8 reviews)

• good training program and affiliated with a local CPA firm (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Local micro-management, and lack of regional management support (in 4 reviews)

• In some markets there will be limited growth opportunities and due to size of company, more senior positions are very limited as well (in 2 reviews)

1. Great place to exspand your career if you have an accounting/finance background.

Current Employee - SENIOR AP ANALYST in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SENIOR AP ANALYST in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great experience working with Robin Blount! The service made me feel as though I was their only client! Great customer service! Always responded in a timely manner! Great team of professionals

Cons

I have not experienced any...

2. Lackluster Job Search Efforts

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing (less than a year)

Pros

Some personnel very engaging and personable, others not so much. Affiliation with CPA office presumably provides top tier job possibilities. It is always good to have another set of eyes looking for good opportunities.

Cons

Markedly poor communication. One job in particular was presented to me on several occasions as if it was a brand new opportunity, yet there was no movement toward forwarding my resume to the employer after the first couple of mentions, though they may have actually done so now finally. While I am fairly confident that my resume did get provided to one employer, there seemed to be no real interest in pursuing my viability as a candidate; even when the employer twice failed to contact them as agreed, CFS had not bothered to reach out to them (or me) when I finally followed up 1 & 2 weeks later respectively. Although encouraged in my initial interview to have them apply only to the highest paying positions for which I am qualified, as "with my qualifications the only challenge I would have would be to accept the best offer", the reality has obviously been vastly different. It seems clear to me that a lot of smoke has been blown up my suit from the outset, but who knows, they could still end up doing me some good, even if quite by accident.

Tell the truth & don't misrepresent prospects or reality. Don't say you are going to do something and then not do it, whether it is a followup, status report, or resume submission.

3. Just signed on with this agency

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Very professional, can-do attitude, felt very comfortable there

Cons

Lack of communication with clients

Communicate with clients...don't leave them hanging

5. Very professional and accommodating staffing agency

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Creative Financial Staffing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Will listen to you and understand your desired career goals. Will look for jobs which match your desires. I asked for something long term, with stability and my recruiter is still working to find something which meets my needs.

Cons

Not enough Human Resources jobs, but that's okay because there are Staff Accountant positions which utilize HR roles

Better perks to retain great employees

6. A

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing

Pros

Flexible work schedule and life balance

Cons

Difficult to move up in company, not many steps up to take

7. Staffing agency

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing

Pros

They were very finding me a position

Cons

Benefits are not the greatest and pay varies based on assingment

8. Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing

Pros

Great company to work for with great leaders

Cons

The training is good but not extensive enough for what your going to encounter. There is high turnover

9. Great accounting staffing

Current Contractor - Senior Accountant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Contractor - Senior Accountant in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The Baltimore office provides solid accounting assignments. Contractor service is excellent. They often obtain good accounting assignments. CFS is well connected to the public accounting side of MacGladrey.

Cons

I have no negatives to report. Their values and culture reflect what I am looking for in an accounting group.

10. Great Company!

Former Contractor - Internal Auditor in San Juan, PR
    Former Contractor - Internal Auditor in San Juan, PR

I worked at Creative Financial Staffing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Very professional staff. They are very proactive and care about your placement and working conditions. I really felt like I had a champion within.

Cons

If I must say something, hourly pay is not so good when compared with other staffing agencies.

Keep up the great work, but pay a bit more!

11. Not the Best Experience

I worked at Creative Financial Staffing full-time

Pros

Decent people to work with.

Cons

-Lower than average salaries for this type of role
    -Constant push for gathering company information from every source; leading candidates (who would not be considered staff-able) to believe we will help them find work
    -Posting ads for non-existent jobs in order to bring in and interview candidates to have 'oh hold' should something eventually arise.
    - Cold calling, all the time
    -Push to meet unattainable goals (connects, meetings, interviews and so on)
    -Micro-management at its finest

Offer market competitive salaries so people have incentive to stay. Consider that different markets have different challenges and that a 'one size fits all' attitude doesn't apply to every market. What works in one area for one person does not work for another person across the country.