Creative Financial Staffing

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Daniel J. Casey

Pros
  • The benefit package is not bad and they do provide you with what they feel is good training (in 4 reviews)

• CFS is well connected to the public accounting side of MacGladrey (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Local micro-management, and lack of regional management support (in 4 reviews)

• In some markets there will be limited growth opportunities and due to size of company, more senior positions are very limited as well (in 2 reviews)

1. Good Company, some bad management

Former Employee - Business Development
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Creative Financial Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people working at the company overall

Cons

Old school sales methodology and scripts for the business development team.
    Top management needs to better evaluate managers.

Advice to Management

Evolve with the times, figure out who your good & bad managers are.

Business Development Manager

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing full-time

Pros

Terrific management and support
    Team oriented culture
    Sales incentives
    Employee Owned Company
    Company really cares for it's employees
    Great training, but you also need to know when to ask for help
    Tenured staff
    Growth potential

Cons

Low base salary to start and it takes a while to reach desired commission level
    If you don't like the small company environment, then this is not for you. I happen to love it.

3. Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing full-time

Pros

- Excellent, hands-on training conducted by company executives such as the VP
    - Potential to earn a lot of money
    - Laid-back environment (in my local office, as well as with corporate)
    - Support from upper-level management
    - Affiliation with CPA firm adds value to compete with other staffing firms
    - Autonomy to run your own desk as an Executive Recruiter
    - Great work/life balance (40 hour work weeks)

Cons

- Lack of support at a local level due to competing directly with your peers
    - Competing with your peers can create of negativity/drama in the local office
    - CFS is a small fish in a large sea of staffing firms
    - Takes a while to actually start earning your commission and the base salaries are very low
    - Like any sales job, you are judged based on your production and everyone in your office knows how much you are making.

5. Great place to exspand your career if you have an accounting/finance background.

Current Employee - SENIOR AP ANALYST in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SENIOR AP ANALYST in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience working with Robin Blount! The service made me feel as though I was their only client! Great customer service! Always responded in a timely manner! Great team of professionals

Cons

I have not experienced any...

Lackluster Job Search Efforts

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

Some personnel very engaging and personable, others not so much. Affiliation with CPA office presumably provides top tier job possibilities. It is always good to have another set of eyes looking for good opportunities.

Cons

Markedly poor communication. One job in particular was presented to me on several occasions as if it was a brand new opportunity, yet there was no movement toward forwarding my resume to the employer after the first couple of mentions, though they may have actually done so now finally. While I am fairly confident that my resume did get provided to one employer, there seemed to be no real interest in pursuing my viability as a candidate; even when the employer twice failed to contact them as agreed, CFS had not bothered to reach out to them (or me) when I finally followed up 1 & 2 weeks later respectively. Although encouraged in my initial interview to have them apply only to the highest paying positions for which I am qualified, as "with my qualifications the only challenge I would have would be to accept the best offer", the reality has obviously been vastly different. It seems clear to me that a lot of smoke has been blown up my suit from the outset, but who knows, they could still end up doing me some good, even if quite by accident.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth & don't misrepresent prospects or reality. Don't say you are going to do something and then not do it, whether it is a followup, status report, or resume submission.

A

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing

Pros

Flexible work schedule and life balance

Cons

Difficult to move up in company, not many steps up to take

Staffing agency

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing

Pros

They were very finding me a position

Cons

Benefits are not the greatest and pay varies based on assingment

9. Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing

Pros

Great company to work for with great leaders

Cons

The training is good but not extensive enough for what your going to encounter. There is high turnover

Not the Best Experience

I worked at Creative Financial Staffing full-time

Pros

Decent people to work with.

Cons

-Lower than average salaries for this type of role
    -Constant push for gathering company information from every source; leading candidates (who would not be considered staff-able) to believe we will help them find work
    -Posting ads for non-existent jobs in order to bring in and interview candidates to have 'oh hold' should something eventually arise.
    - Cold calling, all the time
    -Push to meet unattainable goals (connects, meetings, interviews and so on)
    -Micro-management at its finest

Advice to Management

Offer market competitive salaries so people have incentive to stay. Consider that different markets have different challenges and that a 'one size fits all' attitude doesn't apply to every market. What works in one area for one person does not work for another person across the country.

The Atlanta Office is the Worst Recruiting Company I have ever worked with

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing full-time

Pros

None in Atlanta I am appalled by the way I have been treated by this group. I would not waste recommend anyone looking for a job use this company, for blows to self esteem, lack of professionalism, and untruthful business practices.

Cons

I personally went to visit them regarding some opportunities that fit my skill set. I sat with a Temp Manager, and 2 Permanent Managers. They submitted my resume for a permanent position, after 2 or three of my own personal follow ups, they proceeded to tell me that the CLIENT chose to go with other applicants that were more qualified. How this was possible and I held a certification in the subject matter and a Master's degree, I am unsure. The same week, I was contacted by a different recruiter for the same job. I told him that I had already been submitted. He felt I was well qualified and spoke with the client anyhow. The client was actually interested in meeting me, Creative Financial Staffing LIED and had decided themselves that I was not qualified for the position. CFS told the client that they had other qualified applicants and were not interested in allowing me to interview with the client, and then turned around and lied to me saying the client did not want to see me. I honestly feel like when I sat down with CFS for the initial face to face, they judged the way I looked, felt that I was younger than I actually am, and I am also an African American. I definitely feel like I was discriminated against.

Advice to Management

Know whats going on with your Atlanta recruiting office. They are very bad at following up with and being straight with their applicants. If they do not believe in an applicant, they will not work to find them a job, regardless of certifications and Master's degrees.

RSS Feed </> Embed