Creative Financial Staffing Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Daniel J. Casey

Pros
  • The benefit package is not bad and they do provide you with what they feel is good training (in 4 reviews)

• CFS is well connected to the public accounting side of MacGladrey (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Local micro-management, and lack of regional management support (in 4 reviews)

• In some markets there will be limited growth opportunities and due to size of company, more senior positions are very limited as well (in 2 reviews)

1. CFS is a good company to work for

Current Employee - Consultant in North Granby, CT
    Current Employee - Consultant in North Granby, CT

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing (More than a year)

Pros

Found me a position at the salary level I was looking for.

Cons

Would often send me job openings below the skill/experience level I was at (sent entry level while I'm at an executive level).

2. Review Title Ratings

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Macon, GA

I worked at Creative Financial Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional, always sending individuals on jobs, great money

Cons

I feel like there were no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

The Bad Outweighed the Good

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Creative Financial Staffing full-time

Pros

Management is helpful and caring if they believe in you (as they should be!). I stayed with CFS for quite some time primarily due to my manager and this person's guidance and respect. Management worked with me to help me succeed.

Cons

I worked at CFS on the East Coast for a number of years and eventually left for a new, exciting opportunity. Being in the new role has reinforced all of the things that I brushed under the carpet while I remained there. As mentioned above, I had a great manager but management was in another location. This left me working with a number of people who were not always pleasant in our 'satellite office'. I will list the cons for easy reading: - Favoritism by upper management means that unbearable employees will continue to get away with unacceptable behavior toward direct colleagues. This is a commission based environment, so the claws will come out. 'Fairness' doesn't win in the end. - There is no rulebook in place. When you're working in a commission based sales environment, you need best practices. There are none. This means that is there is a dispute over who brought in the business or candidate, the final decision will often come down to a 'he said she said' situation. The person who barks the most almost always wins. - I did not like the manner that candidates were brought in. As is suspected in the staffing world, the candidate is not the client. The candidate needs to be 'sellable' for them to get attention. Unless they tick all the boxes, they would likely not hear from anyone. - The temporary group does post ads for nonexistent, or not yet existent jobs to have 'inventory' for when (hopefully) the right job comes along. Overall, the goal is certainly to have jobs to hire people for BUT in slow times this doesn't always happen. - There was some highly unprofessional behavior from some recruiters. People need to learn how to face conflict in a respectful and professional manner. Having a screaming match is not the way to work out a disagreement over commission.

Advice to Management

Please put some rules in place for 'client' and 'candidate' ownership and follow them. If someone represented a client or candidate 5 years ago, there needs to be an expiration date in place in the case that another employee starts a defunct relationship over again. This will help resolve internal bickering over commission. Set some guidelines for working in a commission based environment while being respectful and professional toward colleagues. This was a particular challenge.

5. Administrative Assistant

Pros

People work together well and seem to enjoy their jobs

Cons

I really can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding your staff for good work.

Good Company, some bad management

Former Employee - Business Development
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Creative Financial Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people working at the company overall

Cons

Old school sales methodology and scripts for the business development team. Top management needs to better evaluate managers.

Advice to Management

Evolve with the times, figure out who your good & bad managers are.

Business Development Manager

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing full-time

Pros

Terrific management and support Team oriented culture Sales incentives Employee Owned Company Company really cares for it's employees Great training, but you also need to know when to ask for help Tenured staff Growth potential

Cons

Low base salary to start and it takes a while to reach desired commission level If you don't like the small company environment, then this is not for you. I happen to love it.

8. Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing full-time

Pros

- Excellent, hands-on training conducted by company executives such as the VP - Potential to earn a lot of money - Laid-back environment (in my local office, as well as with corporate) - Support from upper-level management - Affiliation with CPA firm adds value to compete with other staffing firms - Autonomy to run your own desk as an Executive Recruiter - Great work/life balance (40 hour work weeks)

Cons

- Lack of support at a local level due to competing directly with your peers - Competing with your peers can create of negativity/drama in the local office - CFS is a small fish in a large sea of staffing firms - Takes a while to actually start earning your commission and the base salaries are very low - Like any sales job, you are judged based on your production and everyone in your office knows how much you are making.

9. Great place to exspand your career if you have an accounting/finance background.

Current Employee - SENIOR AP ANALYST in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SENIOR AP ANALYST in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience working with Robin Blount! The service made me feel as though I was their only client! Great customer service! Always responded in a timely manner! Great team of professionals

Cons

I have not experienced any...

Lackluster Job Search Efforts

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Creative Financial Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

Some personnel very engaging and personable, others not so much. Affiliation with CPA office presumably provides top tier job possibilities. It is always good to have another set of eyes looking for good opportunities.

Cons

Markedly poor communication. One job in particular was presented to me on several occasions as if it was a brand new opportunity, yet there was no movement toward forwarding my resume to the employer after the first couple of mentions, though they may have actually done so now finally. While I am fairly confident that my resume did get provided to one employer, there seemed to be no real interest in pursuing my viability as a candidate; even when the employer twice failed to contact them as agreed, CFS had not bothered to reach out to them (or me) when I finally followed up 1 & 2 weeks later respectively. Although encouraged in my initial interview to have them apply only to the highest paying positions for which I am qualified, as "with my qualifications the only challenge I would have would be to accept the best offer", the reality has obviously been vastly different. It seems clear to me that a lot of smoke has been blown up my suit from the outset, but who knows, they could still end up doing me some good, even if quite by accident.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth & don't misrepresent prospects or reality. Don't say you are going to do something and then not do it, whether it is a followup, status report, or resume submission.

A

Pros

Flexible work schedule and life balance

Cons

Difficult to move up in company, not many steps up to take

RSS Feed </> Embed