Credit Acceptance Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.3

Credit Acceptance CEO Brett A. Roberts
Brett A. Roberts

Pros
  • Hard work and innovation are encouraged and rewarded (in 5 reviews)

• Nice people, decent work environment, good company culture (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • it is a company that believes in hard work and dedication and rewards people accordingly for that (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Collection

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Great job for any one to work at

Cons

I don't have any cons I can think of right now

It actually is a Great Place to Work, IF...

Current Employee - Manager (External Hire)
    Current Employee - Manager (External Hire)

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Does require that people display the PRIDE Core Values and when violations are brought to light, those individuals are dealt with. There are many avenues to get issues to senior management. The Red Tape Remover system works. It gets you straight to the CEO with no middleman. So for all the people who are complaining about managers and supervisors, unless you made an effort to get to Brett, you really should hush up. And the guy who said it's HR putting up all the Great Place to Work reviews, I'm nowhere near HR.

Cons

Credit Acceptance is not perfect. It IS a Great Place to Work IF you are ready to conform and that is my struggle. I love my job and the company but senior management tends to be longer service employees and are stuck doing things in ways that are not aligned with the rest of the world. It is really a wonderful thing that the company is big on promoting from within but the people I work with seem unwilling to step outside of the box the company has created for itself and is way behind the times in many areas. And those who don't conform are seen as not being a fit for the company but that's not true.

Allow the people you hire to do the jobs for which they were hired - especially your external hires. Hopefully, you hired us because we are great at what we do. Don't stifle us or try to turn us into more of the same. One of the PRIDE values is "Insightful" and one of the critical characteristics of leadership is TRUST. If you're hiring insightful people who are experts at what they do, listen to them,TRUST their insight and expertise and let go of the antiquated, inefficient, and ineffective ways of doing things that keep CA in a bad place in some areas.

Avoid the tax department!!!

Current Employee - Tax  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Tax in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company overall is prosperous and doing well.

Cons

A tax manager that doesn't know anything about taxes. He will ambush you by coming up with criticism out of the blue for things never mentions when giving you an assignment. Management views their jobs as to manage, not doing any work. You are there to do the work. They are there to see that you get it done.

Take a look at your tax manager and ask yourself why you have to pay outside consultants so much. It is because the guy is a fraud.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!!

Former Employee - Collection Specialist  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Southfield, MI

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the flexibility and potential for growth!!!!! The environment is professional, friendly and fun! Salary and benefits are just as great!

Cons

The challenge I faced was personal. I had to understand the importance of my job function. Once I did that I was fine.

Keep doing what you do!

This company is micromanagement, paralysis by analysis, and good old boy upper management.

Current Employee - Market Area Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Market Area Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free travel and free meals from your boss when they fly in and fly out.

Cons

Worst corporate culture ever. Stay away from this company if you care about your professional career path.

Learn to value people over profit. Also the "Great place to work reviews" on here are a lame attempt by HR to bury the real reviews like this one.

I learned a lot about the sub-prime industry/ Corporate America.

Former Employee - Credit Analyst  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Southfield, MI

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work at CAC is the competitive pay and their dedication on being a Top Employer, not only the state of MI but in the country.

Cons

80% of the companies clients are unprofessional considering that your working in the sub-prime industry, you tend to deal with very irate people. From the dealers to the actual customers, it can be frustrating dealing with it on everyday basis. I recommend having very thick skin.

Management should get their hands dirty when help is needed. Don't punish employees for their errors, use them as educational opportunities.

Market area manager

I worked at Credit Acceptance

Pros

Training and support are great

Cons

Change in Management now Micro manage the sales professionals

Let the sales people be professionals

Great place to work!!!

Former Employee - Collector  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Collector in Southfield, MI

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Pay, Great work environment, cares about employees. Great benefits. Room for advancement

Cons

Meeting department goals. leadership changed a lot when I worked there. Promotions going to under qualified individuals

Listen more to the people who is doing the job

Career thrown out the window

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees are ok...I made a couple friends in the 10+ years I worked there...upper management does a great job of pretending that they care for their employees. They really make you feel somewhat valuable until they fire you over one mistake.

Cons

When I stated that management pretends they care, it's cause truthfully, they don't. Supervisors will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Managers will pretend they are listening to your side of the story, but really, they are just trying to figure out how to make their side more relevant when firing you.
    Vice Presidents don't know anything about doing the job. They would rather pay someone less to do a bad job, than pay someone a little more to do a great job...It's all about being a Great Place to Work, until they fire you over one mistake. Their core value is PRIDE...(laughing)...if only they practiced what they preached.

If you have an employee who has proved himself over and over again for over a decade...who has received high numbers on performance reviews...who has excelled in every way since he started...don't fire him after he makes one mistake. You cannot get back all those years of service and training...dedication is hard to find...

Pay was great but people you work with were not

Former Employee - Title Compliance Analyst  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Title Compliance Analyst in Southfield, MI

I worked at Credit Acceptance for more than a year

Pros

Pay, Medical, Vacation Time and are able to do OT if needed

Cons

No quality checks on work people are doing.

Worked for Credit Acceptance? Contribute to the Community!