Credit Acceptance

www.creditacceptance.com

Credit Acceptance Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Credit Acceptance – Southfield – “Team Members celebrating the 40th anniversary in…”

Credit Acceptance CEO Brett A. Roberts

Brett A. Roberts

Pros
  • Promotes from within and rewards hard work(in 5 reviews)

• Nice people, decent work environment, good company culture(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • it is a company that believes in hard work and dedication and rewards people accordingly for that(in 3 reviews)

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOne perk with working with Credit Acceptance is flexibility, This company understand that , their employees have a life outside of work. Also, they are very family oriented. I miss this place.

ConsThere values were very up to par I truly only have positive feed back about this company

THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!!

Collection Specialist (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsI love the flexibility and potential for growth!!!!! The environment is professional, friendly and fun! Salary and benefits are just as great!

ConsThe challenge I faced was personal. I had to understand the importance of my job function. Once I did that I was fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do!

I learned a lot about the sub-prime industry/ Corporate America.

Credit Analyst (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsThe best reason to work at CAC is the competitive pay and their dedication on being a Top Employer, not only the state of MI but in the country.

Cons80% of the companies clients are unprofessional considering that your working in the sub-prime industry, you tend to deal with very irate people. From the dealers to the actual customers, it can be frustrating dealing with it on everyday basis. I recommend having very thick skin.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should get their hands dirty when help is needed. Don't punish employees for their errors, use them as educational opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Market area manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTraining and support are great

ConsChange in Management now Micro manage the sales professionals

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the sales people be professionals

Great place to work!!!

Collector (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsGreat Pay, Great work environment, cares about employees. Great benefits. Room for advancement

ConsMeeting department goals. leadership changed a lot when I worked there. Promotions going to under qualified individuals

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the people who is doing the job

GREAT!!!

ProsThe People are wonderful to work with

Consnone as I see at this time

Career thrown out the window

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsThe employees are ok...I made a couple friends in the 10+ years I worked there...upper management does a great job of pretending that they care for their employees. They really make you feel somewhat valuable until they fire you over one mistake.

ConsWhen I stated that management pretends they care, it's cause truthfully, they don't. Supervisors will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Managers will pretend they are listening to your side of the story, but really, they are just trying to figure out how to make their side more relevant when firing you.
    Vice Presidents don't know anything about doing the job. They would rather pay someone less to do a bad job, than pay someone a little more to do a great job...It's all about being a Great Place to Work, until they fire you over one mistake. Their core value is PRIDE...(laughing)...if only they practiced what they preached.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have an employee who has proved himself over and over again for over a decade...who has received high numbers on performance reviews...who has excelled in every way since he started...don't fire him after he makes one mistake. You cannot get back all those years of service and training...dedication is hard to find...

Pay was great but people you work with were not

Title Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsPay, Medical, Vacation Time and are able to do OT if needed

ConsNo quality checks on work people are doing.

Good company if you are hitting your numbers

Market Area Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and flexibility of hours

ConsSome of management can get very "micro"

Great Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFirst class all the way, this company knows how to take careof their employees.

ConsHard sell to potential clients.

Worked for Credit Acceptance? Contribute to the Community!