Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse Reviews in Raleigh-Durham, NC

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Credit Suisse CEO, Credit Suisse Group and Credit Suisse Brady W. Dougan

Brady W. Dougan

Pros
  • It provides excellent work life balance for personal development in the spare time(in 140 reviews)

• Good benefits, great if you are new college grad, good training opportunities(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Management was inflexible to find ways that analysts could find work / life balance(in 72 reviews)

• One thing that was a con for Credit Suisse was the long hours that I was required to work(in 60 reviews)

94 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

AVP infra

Assistant Vice President Infra (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

Prosworking hours and less meeting

Consless chance for WFH and mostly evening and weekend work, so no work / life balance

Advice to Senior Managementlook outside those Director cabin

Good exit opportunities within the company, however difficult to last long enough to take advantage of them.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood opportunities for internal mobility - after a year, you are able to move positions w/out needing a manager to sign off on it.

ConsBad work life balance, pay should be better. Retention is a problem, in some areas management is not able to keep up with the amount of people leaving - they need reasons to stay. As a result, loyal employees are often bled dry & not given promotions quick enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some risk on yourself - the name of the game is currently to slide risk down to the next level of employees.

REFERENCE DATA PRODUCTION TEAM IS HORRIBLE

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsNothing!!!! The management is completely incompetent and gives zero guidance to what is expected from their employees.

Cons-No Growth
    -Low Pay
    -Horrible upper management
    -Shady management practices with regards to pay (All the black people on our team got paid less than everyone else

Advice to Senior ManagementStop manipulating your employees and learn to drop the ego.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior operation analyst

Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood work life balance as long as manager agreed. But, everyone I know they are working like a dog.

ConsLow pay! no matter how hard you work, management won't increase the salary. They always give false hope that things will be better next year, but that's not. Plus, they always ship jobs to outside vendors, there is no guarantee of job anyway.

Great experience at CS.

Product Controller (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThe co-workers are really friendly and managers care about your personal development.

ConsIT issues are pains but everything else is great.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot that I can think of.

Not the sexiest job, but a good job for sure

Banking Operation Specialist (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

Pros- Decent benefits
    - young workplace environment (mostly everyone I work with in their mid-20's) which is less intimidating for a recent college grad like myself. From what I can tell, your enjoyment of your job at CS completely depends on the team you are assigned to. My team is very sociable and always talking, making work much more bearable. I see other teams in the office that don't seem to talk... ever. I don't imagine I could work on a team like that for very long.
    - learning opportunities

Cons-inconsistent hours. you never know when you're going to end up working until 7 and/or later.
    -some weekend work
    -Some managers (not all) seem like they don't want to be bothered by the "analysts" and their problems

Advice to Senior Management-eliminate weekend work
    -have some formal "crash course" on the investment banking industry seeing as a number of people hired straight out of college don't have the slightest idea of what the bank does.

Great starter company for out of school graduates

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

ProsThe people are very friendly, helpful, and easy to get along with. Good work life balance (depending on group).

ConsCost efficiency is a priority which means many jobs are getting sent to lower cost countries. Fringe benefits have been reduced over the years. Specifically in the Raleigh location there is not a lot of opportunity for advancement and many advancements come with little or no raise. I would recommend most jobs to out of school college graduates.

AVP IT

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

Pros- If you know how to do the job, you can survive and be rewarded. Although some just based on his network and grew up

Cons- Too focus on delivery, no culture, some managers are bossy

Good Starter Company

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

ProsWork is interesting although, you must realize you are working in operations. They are big on internal mobility, so you get to learn more and boost your resume. You often work closely with the front office and learn a lot about the company since the back office touches so many systems and subjects.

ConsThere is not much room for upward mobility into better jobs aside from management. There are no front office roles in RTP. Most of the jobs are back office/operations. Pay is mediocre and raises are slim to none.

Still a very good company

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsMy location offers great work/Life Balance. Benefits are good. Many forums to voice your opinion. Lots of opportunity to move to different departments and advance. They value stability in an industry where many peers are reckless which is seems to support job security.

ConsConstant financial scrutiny has made this industry (and company) much less financial rewarding. CS is fanatical about its view on control to the point of having more reviewers than actual doers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive--Great work keeping us out of the bads newslight in recent years and playing it safe.
    Room for improvement-Stop beating your reports over the head with certain talking points. Do not change so much and so often. How can you actually evaluate if the last chance was successfully if you do not give it a chance to "settle in" and normalize?

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!