Credit Suisse

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.4 1,236 reviews

Credit Suisse CEO, Credit Suisse Group and Credit Suisse Brady W. Dougan

Brady W. Dougan

Pros
  • It provides excellent work life balance for personal development in the spare time(in 140 reviews)

• Good benefits, great if you are new college grad, good training opportunities(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Management was inflexible to find ways that analysts could find work / life balance(in 74 reviews)

• One thing that was a con for Credit Suisse was the long hours that I was required to work(in 60 reviews)

1,236 Employee Reviews

Great work place and work life balnace

ProsGood team and work-life balance. If you are full time good benefits for contract no so much but overall good fun, and good cafeteria.

Conslong chain of command and sometime simple things required to go through long approval process.

Great place to work!

Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAmazing relationships, access to senior management, culture

ConsDifficult industry environment and one that makes a work-life balance nearly impossible

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people and maintain culture....the guy that has been here 20+ years is the culture. Don't drift into ambitiousness.

Associate review

ProsGood community and plenty room for growth

ConsHard to move from contractor to full time employee.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Investor Sevices

Investor Services (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat culture, great for LBGT, promotions

Consvery political, poor work life balance,

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Credit Suisse

ProsGood company with strong values, the employees are one of the best assets on the company

ConsDifficult times in an industry with lots of changes

Terrible from an IT standpoint

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood Pay, great location, nice building (on the outside)

ConsMiddle Managers not that great.

Few opportunities in legal

Attorney (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork/life balance was very good, colleagues are generally collegial and cooperative.

ConsCompensation is below market and the legal department relies very heavily on secondees and temps. Major push to move jobs to Raleigh.

Pretty good place with many obstacles

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- salary is pretty good but not much room for negotiation
    - on-site gym is amazing, nap-room for pregnant ladies is a great pro
    - mentorship available and taken seriously

Cons- not much room to grow within company, internal mobility exists but it's much easier on parallel level and across departments may be hard
    - one doesn't get much constructive feedback on their ongoing performance (yes, there are formal reviews) - seems like ppl are afraid to speak their mind

Advice to Senior Management- recognize and promote talent by actually listening to people of all levels not just your immediate reports
    - so much internal politics can be stifling to growth and retention

Good exit opportunities within the company, however difficult to last long enough to take advantage of them.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood opportunities for internal mobility - after a year, you are able to move positions w/out needing a manager to sign off on it.

ConsBad work life balance, pay should be better. Retention is a problem, in some areas management is not able to keep up with the amount of people leaving - they need reasons to stay. As a result, loyal employees are often bled dry & not given promotions quick enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some risk on yourself - the name of the game is currently to slide risk down to the next level of employees.

great company to work for

Exempt Non Officer (Former Employee)

Prosgreat business culture. encouraging and supportive

ConsAs the financial industry is ever changing it is tough to find other job possibilities when group areas become smaller and resources are lessened.

Advice to Senior Managementx

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!