Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse Reviews in Singapore

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Credit Suisse CEO, Credit Suisse Group and Credit Suisse Brady W. Dougan

Brady W. Dougan

Pros
  • It provides excellent work life balance for personal development in the spare time (in 140 reviews)

• Good benefits, great if you are new college grad, good training opportunities (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Management was inflexible to find ways that analysts could find work / life balance (in 74 reviews)

• One thing that was a con for Credit Suisse was the long hours that I was required to work (in 60 reviews)

More Highlights
123 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great working environment and good work life balance

Analyst (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsSmart working, good work life balance for employees. Internal mobility enable people to move to other departments. Good benefits as well. Provides training for full time employees enable them to have continuous learning.

ConsNot that good if you are on a contract basis, as you do not know if you will be converted to a permanent staff. However there might be a chance you will be converted. No training for contract employees as it is usually less than a year contract.

Great work life balance

IT Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsNice working environment, Work Life Balance again depend on your department as well project you working on. Steady life if you want to settle down. Good benefits like 21 days Annual Leave, then 6 days Child Care, 24 medical leaves apart from public holidays

ConsNo promotion unless you are favourite of your boss. Don't expect salary hike, at least in Singapore it wasn't more than 3-4%.

Credit Suisse Singapore

Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsPeople talk the corporate talk; good flexible working environment.

ConsPromotions take a considerable amount of time and opportunities to advance are rare. Only available if someone leaves the firm.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enriching but tiring

Legal and Compliance (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Proslots of talented people. structured and flat hierachy. good benefits. world class standards in banking quality.

Conspolitical and lots of self centred and overly aggressive people. some slack while some work like a horse. one retrenchment exercise nearly every year with security posted on every floor at ORL building during the fateful retrenchment Friday. lots of "foreign talent". Sometimes senior management chose to retain a manager whos causing others to leave because of that person.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may not be feasible but please limit the number of retrenchments to minimum as this is very damaging to overall staff morale.

Good

Analyst (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsPeople are friendly and there are good medical benefits

ConsSmart working - flexible seating arrangements - some times results in employee sitting extremely far away from department

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving fixed desks and more items in the pantry would be good

Not that awesome

Product Controller (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGot a few nice and smart people worth noting in the organization.

Cons1) Cost-cutting and shifting jobs to India and Poland. Low Morale among employees. You can see your colleagues hiding in the printing room/pantry and doing phone interviews. In addition, you get to see (on average) one colleague leaving the office every week.
    2) It has very bad IT systems and department. The system is always down.
    3) It has very bad HR department. First, I was given the wrong reporting venue on the first day. Next, my account wasn't ready and it took two weeks to get it sorted out. (According to the secretary in the office, HR was in-charge of getting account ready for usage.)
    4) Second day of my internship and I witnessed a director got fired with 1-day notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementGuess the management is busy helping the richest people evading tax.

Good company to work

IT Team Lead (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Prosgood company to work for

Consnothing in particular depends on person and time

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

An honour to work for this firm. Intelligent co-workers

ProsGood medical benefits. Loads of flexibility depending on who your manager is.

ConsDisorganised in some departments with slightly high turnover rates. Career progression is grey.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to look at talent retention so as to spend less time training new batch of employees every 6 months - 1 year or so. Promote employee growth by ensuring each has sufficient time set aside for learning.

IBD associate

IBD Associate (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsWas alot of fun with great colleagues

Conslack of time control and work life balance

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on the crucial, let go what is unnecessary. unnecessary work can cause alot of pain

CFO Change Management was not for me !

Vice President (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros- Good company emphasizing in diversity, flexibility....
    - Good people working in the Change Management department for CFO department
    - Good opportunities given and good salary/bonus after my 1st year

Cons- People always thinking about their own promotion rather than doing their job
    - Always needs to "fight" or justify any strategic project considering that everything has been agreed at the top management level and that Asia is (or was) a center where project were executed and not decided....
    - No Front-to-Back mindset... everyone is working almost in silo !

Advice to Senior ManagementI still believe that Credit Suisse remains a good company. However, I think that I was not at my place in CFO.

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!