Creighton University Reviews

4.0
Rev. Timothy B. Lannon, SJ

1. Genuinely sincere educators who help students achieve success

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Creighton University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A revered history of graduating remarkably successful students in a wide variety of fields. Keeps a finger on the pulse of educational innovation.

Cons

Salaries for support staff do not keep pace with median salaries in the area.

Advice to Management

Needs more definition of responsibility for leadership and better oversight, some barely do any work. Also new procedures need to be pre-tested before designating to support staff.

2. Excellent and caring people who help in any way they can

Former Employee - Student Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Student Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University

Pros

Flexible hours work with most class schedules, an enriching experience, interesting and nice staff, helpful resources, local iJay store for computer and mobile needs when they arise

Cons

Very busy, may be stressful balancing classes and work at times May not be able to get the exact job you want right away due to conflicts or qualifications

3. Great benefits. ...different environment

I have been working at Creighton University

Pros

There are truly good people that work here. They do give some great benefits, like the Christmas break and free tuition for Creighton.

Cons

Work life balance, at least for my area, is not there. Expectations and demands don't meet the pay. Seems that people get put in positions based on degrees and not ability. A lot of people in positions they cannot do but due to a degree they just are able to delegate what they can't do. ..which is most of their work. Creighton continuously reminds you of every thing at they give you and that you won't find a better work place. They also try and make you feel guilty for being paid because they apparently are always worried about money. You spend a lot of time reviewing your responsibilities and documenting how you spend your day, but nobody can tell you why they always want to know.

Advice to Management

Human resources is a tool not your management. Stop trying to inflict fear of the university needing to save money and then send a message that another high level person was hired. Hire more middle and lower level staff so the work can be equally distributed. I understand degrees are important but work and life experience is also valuable. You have people doing jobs that people with beautiful titles and higher pay are supposed to do.

5. Find a home here

Former Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent sense of community. Fantastic time off during the holidays. Even if you are not an alum, student or even catholic, you can believe in the Creighton spirit.

Cons

difficult to move "up" and often titles are handed out to pacify an employee. Titles that mean very little in terms of a raise or upward movement to management.

Advice to Management

Value the people that make you look good. If you find yourself countering to keep an employee who is leaving, it is too late.

6. Great place to work as they live the mission of the university.

Current Employee - Business Partner in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Business Partner in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Creighton University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance, benefits and family atmosphere.

Cons

Not the higest wages; however the benefits are great.

Advice to Management

Lead by example.

7. You'll never find better people to work with

Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like I said, the best people, plus the values, the work ethic and the sheer student friendliness of the school

Cons

Can be too laid back sometimes

Advice to Management

Expansion, expansion, the more programs that Creighton has, the better it would be for everyone who wishes to pursue higher education

8. Important Work but not Always Valued

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going atmosphere with plenty of activities and events on campus. Tuition discount is excellent if not a little tight. I was able to get my start in the professional world and slowly gained more responsibilities as I earned the trust of my boss.

Cons

The pay is not fantastic. The benefits are mediocre which is a shame since there is a hospital, clinic, and dental school all on campus. Work we do is important and has potential for strong impact but is often seen as an afterthought to the current moment/life situation of employee or boss. I wish that professionalism was stressed more than it is.

Advice to Management

Realize that every department at the University has the potential to have a huge impact - and hold them accountable for the decisions they make.

9. Eat, Study, and Working at Creigthon

Former Employee - Facilitities in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Facilitities in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here as a student provides resume experience while revolving work around your campus.

Cons

Facilities' hours are early and gruesome, hard to manage as a student.

Advice to Management

Consider more of a work-student life balance

10. Great students; extremely disorganized.

Former Contractor - Instructor in Omaha, NE
    Former Contractor - Instructor in Omaha, NE

I worked at Creighton University as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the overall feel of the university; students and faculty were friendly and welcoming. The campus itself is beautiful in any season.

Cons

The office I worked in was extremely disorganized. It took over a week to get some sort of ID, and until that time, I had asked every day about someone helping me get my issue resolved. No one in my office seemed remotely aware of the fact that for my first two weeks of work, none of my forms were being pushed through and I wasn't given any extra help despite this. My entire experienced would be represented by those first two weeks. Constant disorganization.

Advice to Management

Give people the resources they actually need when starting a new job in a timely manner.

11. Worthless Department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Creighton University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No micromanagement, large personal office, quiet environment, ability to work independently, interaction with medical students, ok health insurance

Cons

no direction, the department is costing the univeristy tons of money and the university refuses to do anything about it, low pay, horrible management, invisible administrator

Advice to Management

the upper management in the university needs to open their eyes to the money sucking department that they are keeping a float

RSS Feed </> Embed