Creme de la Creme

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
2.9

Bruce Karpas

Perfect preschool to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I have been working at Creme de la Creme full-time

Pros

The ratios are much lower than most other childcare centers around. The directors really care about each and every child as well as all of the teachers. The communication between teachers is great and everyone works hard to ensure that children are happy, healthy and intellectually stimulated. Creme truly is a wonderful and positive place to work.

Cons

The benefits are more expensive than Obamacare

Most teachers very nice. However, there are times when kids need more supervision than one teacher is capable off.

Former Employee - Toddler Teacher in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Toddler Teacher in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Creme de la Creme full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For the most part, teachers look out for each other.

Cons

As a teacher, did not feel my input was ever taken seriously. No matter how good you are, never seem to be able to do enough.

Needs to be more supportive & let higher up management of concerned teachers have regarding safety of kids. Will continue losing good teachers if this does not change.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Plano, TX

I worked at Creme de la Creme full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The obvious pros are, working with the wonderful children.
    This is a job in childcare, so, you must love children. The only reason to stay at this job would be because of the children.

Cons

MANAGEMENT is terrible. All of the directors need to be fired or re-evaluated for their position. They are just awful. One director in particular spouts inappropriate comments the majority of the time and is quite verbally abusive to some of the teachers who work there.
    Another thing, the pay is not worth it.
    You only get one break and that is your lunch break. ZERO BREAKS. You can't even ask to go to the bathroom because good luck with finding a teacher to fill in to watch the children while you're away. They are never in ratio.
    The parents are pretty annoying and expect too much from the teachers when they should be confronting the directors on certain issues.
    If a child gets hurt you are supposed to write an incident report, the directors get mad at you when you do this. WORKING HERE WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLANO LOCATION.
    The EXTREMELY high turnover rate should alarm you.
    So happy I got out when I did. There are teachers there who hate their job and can't leave because they are illegally here and can't find work any other places. It's so wrong.
    Also, having worked at this school, if I was a parent, I would NEVER send my child here after witnessing some behaviors of the teachers as well as the directors.
    Stay away from here as an employee and as a parent contemplating enrolling your child at this location.

There is no hope for management.
    Need to get QUALIFIED individuals to work in management.

A wonderful and caring company that enables an employee to bring their talents and abilities to their highest level.

Current Employee - Infant Teacher & Team Leader in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Infant Teacher & Team Leader in Mason, OH

I have been working at Creme de la Creme full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of this company is they offer promotions within the company, they offer many perks for their employees and they communicate openly, therefore if you have an issue, they do their very best to come to an agreeable solution.

Cons

I think that there are not many cons working within Creme, I am very pleased having a teacher position within our infant/toddler wing, but it can be difficult preparing lesson plans during the school day, due to the fact that we are caring for our children in our classrooms. The children are definitely our priority.

Our management team within the Mason, Oh. Creme are very communicative, supportive, caring and work well together as a team. Due to this, the staff at Creme is awesome because of the example set by the management. However, they may work on finding time within the workday to do lesson planning within the different wings.

Warning! Unhealthy Development Ahead!

Former Employee - Teacher in Colleyville, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher in Colleyville, TX

I worked at Creme de la Creme full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In the 5 years I worked for Creme, there were not any pros I could even try to pretend existed. I was committed to my teaching however not seen as a valuable part of the company by anyone. After 5 years and many sleepless stressed nights I decided to call it quits and get on with my career and leave negativity behind. When you break out in hives when you see the ED coming - it is time to go.

Cons

I found out, after working at Creme for 1 year, I could take a break anytime I requested - at the time I was working 7:00am to 2:00pm with no lunch or break. Lack of communication is an understatement! Promotions were ONLY reserved for "favorites" as was overtime, raises, kudos, and any random thing management could think of. For example, one year I was nominated by my fellow teachers as "Most Positive" and the awards were to be given at the company Christmas party - held at the ED's home - however I was unable to attend because my daughter was in a Christmas play that night. I found out about the award a week after the party when a co-worker asked me how I liked my award! I never knew about any award. When I asked the directors about it the ED told me the awards were only given to those present at the party!!! So many cons to list - just suffice it to say scheduling was a nightmare, you never know where you will really be, days off could be canceled at any time, lunches were changed at random, class assignments for new year were "secret" and you could find out the day before Fall started, co-teachers were all in the same boat and never knew who to trust. Some employees would work a week then disappear and some would just leave at lunch and never come back! If you love teaching Early Childhood - this is NOT the place for you. Kids are too stressed in a program that moves them every 30 minutes. My 3 year old class NEVER got to actually play in a room and occasionally if we got to go outside, they would have about 15 minutes to play.

Consider the consequences of this program on the lives of young children. Like all "jobs" people come to a place because it LOOKS good but they stay because they FEEL good. Management at this Creme as no clue how to make any employee feel good. Colorado home office: WHY do you hire people that have no people skills?????? Get them trained in basic human being 101. When your ED makes a point to tell you EVERY day you work for her that you look tired - something is WRONG!!

I NOMINATE THIS SCHOOL AS THE WORST PLACE TO WORK...EVER...!!!!

Former Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I worked at Creme de la Creme full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice decoration and porters there to do cleaning for you

Cons

Greatly disorganized and not cohesive with child development. I NOW understand why this school is Not accredited as it should not be moving kids around so frequently. I don't like the 1-10 ratio when your working by yourself it's just impossible. The kids are stressed and there behavior shows the stress. The pay is a joke and the schedule can be changed at any time. Lack of support from management and they only care about appearance on camera.

The entire program should be changed. NOT A Program which works with a child's development stages.

Stressed environment

Current Employee - Teacher in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Skokie, IL

I have been working at Creme de la Creme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Clean facility and decent food served.

Cons

Imagine being a small child and have to move to a new environment every 30 minutes. It's scary and stressed. The rotations are not on time so your class is constantly waiting in the hallway for their turn in the room. Once in the room they will do nothing of substance, just be told things. As a teacher I spend most of my time om paperwork and transitioning the class. Not much opportunity to sit and play with children. Administration are poor communicators and work you hard.

MORE STAFF

Decent company, nice families, great co-workers, low pay.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Creme de la Creme full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relationship with children and families, experience gained, relationships with co-workers.

Cons

Keeping/hiring enough staff, ratio, pay, directors not knowing whats going on in building.

Follow policy better when it comes to hearing the needs of your staff and family.

Great Kids, Terrible Administration.

Current Employee - Enrichment Teacher in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Enrichment Teacher in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Creme de la Creme part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The children are a fun diversion from the fact that you are paid very low for your services (as an enrichment teacher). Flexible scheduling for those of you who are single moms or college students, or working at another job because this one does not pay enough. Great job if you are just out of high school or are a veteran of the daycare circuit.

Cons

Management turns a blind eye and ear to your needs unless you're a favorite. Reviews & raises are not given in a timely manner (still haven't gotten mine and I'm nearing the 2 year mark of employment). Health insurance premiums are more expensive than the offerings found in Obamacare. Staff is negative to one another with lots of behind the back speak. Management does not say hello to you. It's normal to not hear from the directors about performance unless you do something wrong or they need you to cover a class that's out of ratio (the latter happens a lot). Management cuts hours with little or no warning, saying enrollment is too low to keep you at full time, yet others hours are extended even though they cannot work the new shift due to schedule conflicts.
    Don't even try to get your teaching license here if you are lucky enough to be a college educated individual hoping to break into the education field. Management will not follow through on their end when it is time to do so and you will fall behind in your program. You'd be better off subbing at your local school district.

Communicate with your team. Play no favorites. Do your work and ensure workers are given their raises when they're supposed to have them to avoid "back pay' which people who quit will never see, even if they were a star employee. Maybe smile and greet your staff and ask them how things are going and you'll see a team that wants to do the best it can do.

Best private preschool

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Creme de la Creme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The lowest ratios and the enrichment classes and teachers are the only program of its kind

Cons

I feel the company always does what's best for the children really no cons except raises could be better

Keep doing fun trainings and communicating with teachers its working!