Cresa

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Jim Leslie

Excellent place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat team environment and opportunities to grow professionally.

ConsThey are the best in the business and I have not encountered any issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould not change a thing.

Broker

ProsGreat Management. Extremely knowledgeable professionals. Highly ethical.

ConsBrokerage house. 100% commission can be difficult at times.

Nice commercial real estate company building up its street cred.

Commercial Broker (Former Employee)

ProsCresa is a fairly young, but growing Tenant Representation firm. Because it is expanding you can really tackle any clients you want with little oversight. They will allow you as a Broker to be creative, take risks and reward you for doing well. The structure of the firm is rather flat, so its not very hard to dig in and make a position for yourself once you get into the company.

ConsOnly representing Tenants is very hard. Its more a gripe about the industry than being an employee at the firm. When I was there, it seemed that the company was too busy expanding too really focus on creating a core to the company that people could easily relate to. Instead brokers seemed to appear from all of the Top Firms and after being fired, laid off or downgraded they appeared as SVPs at Cresa. I can only speak of the Northeast in this manner - I think the Boston, LA and Atlanta Offices did very well.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better program for incoming young Brokers. The youth need more direction from mentors. I came into the company relatively green in terms of Sales and Commercial Real Estate. Learning the ropes for cold calling, deal prospecting and deal closing take time - but I think they could have been strengthened if there was a uniform program across the entire US that taught new brokers how to be a Broker and a Tenant Rep.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Many good offices around the country.

Vice President Broker (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood cross country network and individuals.

ConsLots of employee movement in and out of local branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more open transfer of business from different offices.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis has been one of the best companies I have worked for. My local office is amazing and there is great support from the corporate office. I feel like the brokers here have a lot of integrity and put their clients first, unlike other commercial real estate firms I have worked for. There is also a good feeling of

ConsI have been at this company for almost a year now, and I have no complaints about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on expanding support for local offices - you are doing a great job!

Great environment, good people, growing fast.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsOne of the most enjoyable environments I’ve ever worked in. There is a strong culture of professionalism, respect, and comradely. Coming to work is a pleasure.

ConsMissing some modern business practices, such as tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan’t speak to the broker side, but for the corporate office, the fringe benefits and variable compensation needs to be adjusted ASAP.

A wonderful and unique company

Practice Leader (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsOpportunities to grow, especially for administrative staff. Supportive culture. Caring and concerned senior management. Excellent pay and benefits. Very strong ethics -- "do the right thing" is ingrained in everyone.

ConsNeeds to do a better job of promoting the "brand", but progress is clearly being made.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider matching charitable contributions made by employees. Be sure to preserve the culture and values of the founding partners as the company grows.

Working at Cresa is awesome!

Principal (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCresa is a team oriented environment that embraces collaboration and an entrepreneurial spirit. The tenant only platform is an invaluable differentiator when competing to win new business! It is exciting to work with a company that continues to gain market share and is the standard for tenant-rep business.

ConsIt is difficult to come up with true "cons" for working at Cresa and things that could use improvement are being addressed. With the entrepreneurial spirit can come some disagreement with approach and vision from differing offices. This con actually benefits the organization in a way by allowing open dialogue and competition. The other con would be that we miss free advertising and name recognition that is inherent with shops that also do LL work and hang signs on buildings.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the "do the right thing" culture as we grow the size of business and add employees.

The best place I've ever worked!

ProsWork with people I like, trust and want to be around.
    Feel truly valued as an employee; I'm an important part of the team.
    Company culture and values are in-line with my personal values.

ConsCresa brand not recognized nationally, often people don't know what Cresa is or what we do, even though there are locations throughout the US and abroad.

Cresa - Lucky and honored.

Principal, Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsCresa is an amazing firm. I have been with the firm since 1999 coming from an architectural firm and then a corporate real estate department. Cresa culture is more than a job we truly are family. We stick by each other in trying times (personal and professional) and celebrate our individual and team successes. I always admire and respect, "Do the right thing"

ConsThere is not much negative here. We work extremely hard, play hard and celebrate completely

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the small company service values while striving to become a large market share company. Commitment, value, "do the right thing", make money and have fun. Looking forward to the next 10 plus years. It is going to be an amazing ride.

Worked for Cresa? Contribute to the Community!