Cresa Reviews

Jim Leslie

1. Cresa

Current Employee - Principal in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cresa full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to be part of an extraordinary team with excellent culture. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

Work Life Balance is challenging due to work load

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. Advisor

Current Employee - Advisor in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Advisor in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Cresa (More than a year)

Pros

Best Shop in town hands down

Cons

no cons, but the work is cut throat

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

3. Great work environment. Collaborative and invigorating. Very active business with great ability to grow

Current Employee - Project Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Management in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great work life balance. Fun environment.

Cons

No negatives. Fun team environment.

5. Challenging environment for me.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cresa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technology is a high priority.

Cons

There was pressure to fit into their culture. We were required to follow unspoken social rules that made me uncomfortable.

6. Great company to have fun at, not a great company to learn and grow. Given a phone and told to make calls.

Former Employee - Advisor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Advisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Cresa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the potential to make alot of money, if you are working under the right person/team. The atmosphere and culture at Cresa is amazing. Work hard. Play hard.

Cons

Your chances of making money are slim. You are not given anything. Besides a telephone and your network.

Advice to Management

Help the younger people in your company. Give them monthly reviews, sit down with them and help them get were they need to be. Be more involved early on. Don't just hire in bulk and fire in bulk, its horrible for company growth.

7. Fantastic staff/management, limited professional opportunities for IT

Former Employee - Service Desk Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Service Desk Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Cresa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is work to be done in every major area of IT at Cresa. I had the opportunity to wear possibly every hat (security, Exchange, VMWare, KACE, desktop imaging, encryption, firewalls, hardware upgrades, server maintenance... etc...) My supervisor was always pushing me to learn about new areas. Cresa is consistently rated one of the best places to work in Boston, so none of this should come as a surprise. The employees and managers have seasonal parties, as well as ski trips and bowling outings (all paid for). There is a food fridge (empty because everyone goes out for lunches) and a free beer fridge (I'm not kidding). As a part of the IT team, I was welcomed to all of the events (no exclusivity). Everyone at the Boston office is strikingly friendly and helpful. Hours were flexible as long as the work was completed, benefits were generous.

Cons

Cresa is an international company, and many of the satellite offices are poorly configured. What's worse, many of the offices have a complete disregard for IT suggestions, even if they come from the CEO. This makes for a patchwork system where if something breaks (like a 10 year old un-updated file server), you will have to spend hours on the phone in the middle of the night walking an irate techno-phobe through a remediation because *surprise* they weren't keeping backups all along. Service tickets are numerous, and sometimes overwhelming. I stayed in the office late into the night working on important issues. The ticket load eclipses projects in importance, which is frustrating.

Advice to Management

This is tricky, since I felt that management was aware of the issues, but unable to correct them due to the loose confederation of Cresa offices. Eventually, the main (LLC) IT group should gain enough trust to handle each aspect of IT for the individual offices. Simple solutions such as implementing Office 365 or stopping (other office) users from buying "doorbuster special" laptops which immediately break would make a tremendous difference in simplifying the IT experience at Cresa. I suggest that they hire an additional technician (or two) to allow for greater specialization. This will allow IT to be more proactive when planning solutions, which will build trust for the umbrella LLC among the offices.

8. Very professional eviornment

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cresa full-time

Pros

flexible hours and management good team enviornment

Cons

hard to advance lack of informational sharing

9. Excellent place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cresa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment and opportunities to grow professionally.

Cons

They are the best in the business and I have not encountered any issues.

Advice to Management

Would not change a thing.

10. Broker

I have been working at Cresa full-time

Pros

Great Management. Extremely knowledgeable professionals. Highly ethical.

Cons

Brokerage house. 100% commission can be difficult at times.

11. Nice commercial real estate company building up its street cred.

Former Employee - Commercial Broker
    Former Employee - Commercial Broker

I worked at Cresa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cresa is a fairly young, but growing Tenant Representation firm. Because it is expanding you can really tackle any clients you want with little oversight. They will allow you as a Broker to be creative, take risks and reward you for doing well. The structure of the firm is rather flat, so its not very hard to dig in and make a position for yourself once you get into the company.

Cons

Only representing Tenants is very hard. Its more a gripe about the industry than being an employee at the firm. When I was there, it seemed that the company was too busy expanding too really focus on creating a core to the company that people could easily relate to. Instead brokers seemed to appear from all of the Top Firms and after being fired, laid off or downgraded they appeared as SVPs at Cresa. I can only speak of the Northeast in this manner - I think the Boston, LA and Atlanta Offices did very well.

Advice to Management

Create a better program for incoming young Brokers. The youth need more direction from mentors. I came into the company relatively green in terms of Sales and Commercial Real Estate. Learning the ropes for cold calling, deal prospecting and deal closing take time - but I think they could have been strengthened if there was a uniform program across the entire US that taught new brokers how to be a Broker and a Tenant Rep.

RSS Feed </> Embed