Crescent Electric Supply

www.cesco.com

Crescent Electric Supply Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Martin Burbridge

Broad variety of training opportunities!

ProsThere are countless training opportunities at Crescent. Whether you want to learn more about the electrical industry or you're looking to build personal skills, there are webinars, classes, books, and conferences to help you accomplish your training goals.

Crescent likes to hire from within. Most employees work their way up the ladder.

Crescent encourages internal and external networking. Employees and managers make frequent branch visits and attend Crescent conferences. This promotes a sense of community within the company. I know many Crescent employees across the country and I feel comfortable going to them for answers. In addition to internal networking, many branches host open houses, promotional events, and BBQ's for our customers and local business partners. These events are fun ways to get to know people in our local community.

I am able to comfortably balance work and home. Tasks are distributed evenly throughout the branch so no one is too overwhelmed.

ConsCrescent's benefits package is adequate, but there is room for improvement.

Work hours are somewhat flexible, but there has to be coverage. I would like a bit more freedom when it comes to my work schedule.

120+ locations in the US.

Clerical (Current Employee) Dubuque, IA

ProsOpportunity for growth, work-life balance, benefits such as medical and vacation time. My direct supervisor is great with allowing time off and helping me grow individually.

ConsTraining is hard to come by unless your in a management trainee program. 2 weeks vacation until year 7 then it becomes 3.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer training to employees not just interested in upper management. Maybe offer additional incentives such as allowing more paid time off after a 5 year mark.

If you are a salesperson you are treated better.

ProsCompany will invest in training. good coworkers. If you work hard there is a good opportunity for advancement. They will allow you to relocate.

ConsDistrict manager treats some people in sales jobs better than the people in non sales jobs(warehouse). Schedules training during work hours so those not in the training have to do twice as much work. Not showing loyalty to the people that have been there. Treat people just hired better than the people that have been there for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone as equals. The people in the warehouse are the backbone of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Crescent Electric is a company that rewards the employees for achievements and hard work.

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Toledo, OH

ProsGreat Company that gives you the opportunity to advance your skills with any additional training that is needed.

Consthe option for company car

Very stable company. I have had very positive experiences here.

Helpdesk Coordinator (Current Employee) East Dubuque, IL

ProsCrescent is always on the cutting edge for technology. They invest in their employees through training and there is always room for advancement.

ConsThey have a lean staff for the amount of support that is required. But overall good.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to your employees what is going on. Give praise to employees that go the extra mile. Believe it or not, that goes farther than money some times.

Great family business

Account Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSmall company feel, large company market presence. Nationally recognized brand and very prestigious within the industry.

Constheir IT systems were outdated when I was there, but I've heard they've made large investments and improvements in this area since.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the technology upgrades, continue the national sales conference but offer more skill development training opportunities as well. While I was there, the only training offered was product related training from vendor partners.

Great Company

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Sheridan, WY

ProsFriendly, takes care of their employees, great opportunity for advancement in the company.

ConsThe technologies is "centuries" behind. However there is an upgrade coming.

A great company to make a career with.

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery strong, very people and family oriented top leadership. Of all the companies I have worked for since college many years ago, this company easily outshines the others in caring for employees. There is no other company in our industry that invests in employee training as heavily as Crescent does and this is the key for anyone who wants to create a rewarding career for themselves. This company has countless examples of people rising from a beginning position, working in the warehouse or driving a delivery truck, to a senior level position. How fast you move and how much you earn is based on how hard you want to work. This is how it is supposed to work in America.

During my career, I have worked for companies that were dominated by politics and brown nosing. You will not find that at Crescent. Try buttering up the CEO at this company and he will chuckle and tell you to save that for customers!

ConsThe company is a bit on the conservative side.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing!

Crescent Electric Supply Response

Apr 14, 2014Senior HR Representative

This review accurately describes the culture at Crescent Electric Supply Company. Some individuals may think that you just have to put in the "time" in order to move up in the company. At Crescent ... More

Great advancement opportunities!

Inside Sales (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are willing to put in the time and work, this company will help you advance. I have worked with many 20-30 year employees that have been well taken care of at Crescent. Crescent has a great internship and management trainee program. I personally have started as Intern, was hired on as inside sales then promoted to branch manager. I have recently relocated and Crescent was very accommodating in my relocation. There is nothing bad to say about this employer!

ConsComputer equipment and programs. Crescent is currently investing in an upgrade that will work for many years to come.

This is a company that will invest in you!

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSince my first day as an intern, Crescent Electric has been investing their time and money into my career. From weekly webinars, to National Sales Conferences, Crescent knows that by investing in their employees, they are investing in their future. In a world where companies are looking to streamline everything, it is easy to see that Crescent is different and their employees are the top priority.
    I moved 1800 miles from home to work at a Crescent branch, and they have done nothing but treat me like family. From company picnics, softball games, and spending time together after work, my immediate managers and coworkers have created a positive environment that makes it easy to come to work everyday.

ConsCrescent has been on the slower side adapting to new technologies, but in recent months they have made great strides in changing this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in employees and giving them the tools to go out and rise above the competition.

Worked for Crescent Electric Supply? Contribute to the Community!