Crescent Electric Supply

www.cesco.com

Crescent Electric Supply Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Martin Burbridge

120+ locations in the US.

Clerical (Current Employee) Dubuque, IA

ProsOpportunity for growth, work-life balance, benefits such as medical and vacation time. My direct supervisor is great with allowing time off and helping me grow individually.

ConsTraining is hard to come by unless your in a management trainee program. 2 weeks vacation until year 7 then it becomes 3.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer training to employees not just interested in upper management. Maybe offer additional incentives such as allowing more paid time off after a 5 year mark.

Crescent Electric is a company that rewards the employees for achievements and hard work.

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Toledo, OH

ProsGreat Company that gives you the opportunity to advance your skills with any additional training that is needed.

Consthe option for company car

Very stable company. I have had very positive experiences here.

Helpdesk Coordinator (Current Employee) East Dubuque, IL

ProsCrescent is always on the cutting edge for technology. They invest in their employees through training and there is always room for advancement.

ConsThey have a lean staff for the amount of support that is required. But overall good.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to your employees what is going on. Give praise to employees that go the extra mile. Believe it or not, that goes farther than money some times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great family business

Account Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSmall company feel, large company market presence. Nationally recognized brand and very prestigious within the industry.

Constheir IT systems were outdated when I was there, but I've heard they've made large investments and improvements in this area since.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the technology upgrades, continue the national sales conference but offer more skill development training opportunities as well. While I was there, the only training offered was product related training from vendor partners.

Great Company

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Sheridan, WY

ProsFriendly, takes care of their employees, great opportunity for advancement in the company.

ConsThe technologies is "centuries" behind. However there is an upgrade coming.

A great company to make a career with.

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery strong, very people and family oriented top leadership. Of all the companies I have worked for since college many years ago, this company easily outshines the others in caring for employees. There is no other company in our industry that invests in employee training as heavily as Crescent does and this is the key for anyone who wants to create a rewarding career for themselves. This company has countless examples of people rising from a beginning position, working in the warehouse or driving a delivery truck, to a senior level position. How fast you move and how much you earn is based on how hard you want to work. This is how it is supposed to work in America.

During my career, I have worked for companies that were dominated by politics and brown nosing. You will not find that at Crescent. Try buttering up the CEO at this company and he will chuckle and tell you to save that for customers!

ConsThe company is a bit on the conservative side.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing!

Crescent Electric Supply Senior HR Representative responded to this review

Apr 14, 2014

This review accurately describes the culture at Crescent Electric Supply Company. Some individuals may think that you just have to put in the "time" in order to move up in the company. At Crescent ... More

Great advancement opportunities!

Inside Sales (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are willing to put in the time and work, this company will help you advance. I have worked with many 20-30 year employees that have been well taken care of at Crescent. Crescent has a great internship and management trainee program. I personally have started as Intern, was hired on as inside sales then promoted to branch manager. I have recently relocated and Crescent was very accommodating in my relocation. There is nothing bad to say about this employer!

ConsComputer equipment and programs. Crescent is currently investing in an upgrade that will work for many years to come.

This is a company that will invest in you!

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSince my first day as an intern, Crescent Electric has been investing their time and money into my career. From weekly webinars, to National Sales Conferences, Crescent knows that by investing in their employees, they are investing in their future. In a world where companies are looking to streamline everything, it is easy to see that Crescent is different and their employees are the top priority.
    I moved 1800 miles from home to work at a Crescent branch, and they have done nothing but treat me like family. From company picnics, softball games, and spending time together after work, my immediate managers and coworkers have created a positive environment that makes it easy to come to work everyday.

ConsCrescent has been on the slower side adapting to new technologies, but in recent months they have made great strides in changing this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in employees and giving them the tools to go out and rise above the competition.

HR at Corporate is totally CLUELESS as to what happens at the District Level

Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsANYBODY can get hired here - all you need is a pulse. They can not be selective with their new hires as they do not want to pay anybody what they are truly worth - except for their glorified management staff at all levels.

ConsThis place is nothing more than a glorified boys club with incompetent and ineffective management at all levels within the Phoenix district. The staff is being slowly but surely burnt out with all of the "crap" flowing down from the top levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house! Pay your support staff what they are worth - start giving bonuses to ALL employees - NOT just a select few!!!

Incredibly Stable Company, that is Growing Organically as well as through Acquisition.

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

ProsAll it takes is one trip back to the GO or to the Q Center to see and feel that CESCO values their employee's growth as an integral piece of their overall company growth. In my 25 years in the industry I've worked at both small independent and large national distributors, none of them put as much effort or resources into employee training as Crescent does. The time I've spent around the GO management has always left me feeling like I am part of something bigger than my branch and indeed part of an extended family. Several technological advancements have taken place over the two years that I've been here with even more planned for the coming years including a replacement of our Mainframe system. Benefits are competitive, including a matching 401K and there's a wellness program that gives a financial incentive for employees to integrate healthy habits into their lives. My experience in the Electrical world has taken me around the block to several stops in the West, I truly believe I'm finally at a place I can call home here in Colorado with Crescent Electric Supply.

ConsI feel there's a strong connection between compensation and turnover and believe that we need to work harder as a company to strengthen our bench to fill future sales and management positions. While all jobs and open career opportunities are posted internally, it seems that most advanced positions are filled externally.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at possible solutions that would help managers retain key people without adversely affecting the manager's overall compensation. Continue to identify potential future stars and actively bring them along, readying them for sales and management assignments down the road.

Worked for Crescent Electric Supply? Contribute to the Community!