Crescent Electric Supply Reviews

1. Quotations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, good benefits. Easy company to work for. Owners seem to really care & are proud of the work we do.

Cons

Management is not connected to employees, doesn't listen to ideas. Needs some help in restructuring the area and teams to get better flow.

Advice to Management

Better new employee training. There is no help, everyone is too busy. Management included

2. truck driver/ warehouse

Current Employee - Truck Driver/Warehouse
    Current Employee - Truck Driver/Warehouse

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time

Pros

My customers are great and I enjoy the time behind the wheel.

Cons

Raises and bonuses are few and far between. Very top heavy with management. Sales people also are not held accountable. Lack of communication.

3. superviser

Current Employee - Electrical Supervisor in India, TX
    Current Employee - Electrical Supervisor in India, TX

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been a working signal panel

Cons

testing erection and installation

Advice to Management

I have a diploma in electrical engineering

5. Used to be strong family owned company, not anymore. Just like all the other monsters

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Crescent Electric Supply (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits. Usually decent inside help.

Cons

Overworked, to much internal paperwork and monitoring. High inside turnover

Advice to Management

Work on making inside office culture positive and open.

6. I had a very good experience with Creasent, excellent Company

Current Employee - Credit Manager
    Current Employee - Credit Manager

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply

Pros

Very well organized. Excellent top management. Great Training and follow up, Good benefits.
    Family owned with family values.

Cons

None that i can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It works.

7. If you like long hours?

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Good benefits. Used to be a family owned company but now they are just like all the rest. They train well. Good rewards program for top sales people.

Cons

In sales you will be driven into the ground. Understaffed with mid quality people that once you train them they leave and go elsewhere because Crescent will not match offers. You are only as good as your last quarter. Budget process is bottom up and time consuming and is usually requested barely at the end of the 3rd quarter when you have no clue on what the next year will bring. Not to mention you are supposed to interview your customers upper management at this time and they laugh because they are still in this year not thinking about next year. No longer a family company and it shows as they act like any stock holder company which will hurt their image and employee loyalty. Still stuck in the midwest and probably should stay there.

Advice to Management

Hire quality inside support and retain them. Look at a salespersons career not the last quarter. Lay off on daily your behind budget e-mails and reporting. Your account managers should not have to work 12-14 hour days.

8. Average, but cheap. Problems with management...

Current Employee - IT Department
    Current Employee - IT Department

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly decent company to work for. If you show you can work effectively they leave you alone for the most part. Not to much micromanaging. Flexible with work hours so long as the work is being taken care of. Direct manager understands what employees do and is helpful.

Cons

Having worked with the company just about 10 years I've been witness to poor decision making by other management staff and unfortunately its the employees paying for their mistakes, lack of doing. Can be very frustrating. There is also a stigma among employees regarding pay, raises and benefits. I have to agree with other comments posted here, they are few and far between. Even for those that show initiative. I personally had to threaten to leave before they increased my pay to a excepable amount.

Advice to Management

Truthly value your employees with bonuses, pay increases and benefits not just lip service. Listen to your employees, help them so they can help the company grow. In addition, upper management needs to be hiring good sound candidates for middle management. I can't stress this enough as a large percentage of issues involve these 'supected' managers and are the primary failing point...

9. Good company to work for, great benefits.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love my job & feel like I have the best job in the building. The job is fulfilling and is never boring.
    If I have a problem with something, there is always someone at Corporate who can help me decide how to resolve.

Cons

Written CEOPS is very complicated and difficult to understand. Explanation of procedures is not very understandable.

Advice to Management

Take a little more time to understand what each person has to do. Listen to complaints with an open mind.

Broad variety of training opportunities!

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are countless training opportunities at Crescent. Whether you want to learn more about the electrical industry or you're looking to build personal skills, there are webinars, classes, books, and conferences to help you accomplish your training goals.

Crescent likes to hire from within. Most employees work their way up the ladder.

Crescent encourages internal and external networking. Employees and managers make frequent branch visits and attend Crescent conferences. This promotes a sense of community within the company. I know many Crescent employees across the country and I feel comfortable going to them for answers. In addition to internal networking, many branches host open houses, promotional events, and BBQ's for our customers and local business partners. These events are fun ways to get to know people in our local community.

I am able to comfortably balance work and home. Tasks are distributed evenly throughout the branch so no one is too overwhelmed.

Cons

Crescent's benefits package is adequate, but there is room for improvement.

Work hours are somewhat flexible, but there has to be coverage. I would like a bit more freedom when it comes to my work schedule.

11. If you are a salesperson you are treated better.

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company will invest in training. good coworkers. If you work hard there is a good opportunity for advancement. They will allow you to relocate.

Cons

District manager treats some people in sales jobs better than the people in non sales jobs(warehouse). Schedules training during work hours so those not in the training have to do twice as much work. Not showing loyalty to the people that have been there. Treat people just hired better than the people that have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone as equals. The people in the warehouse are the backbone of the company.

Crescent Electric Supply Photos