Crescent Electric Supply

Updated August 30, 2014
Updated August 30, 2014
3.7

Martin Burbridge

Good company to work for, great benefits.

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love my job & feel like I have the best job in the building. The job is fulfilling and is never boring.
    If I have a problem with something, there is always someone at Corporate who can help me decide how to resolve.

Cons

Written CEOPS is very complicated and difficult to understand. Explanation of procedures is not very understandable.

Take a little more time to understand what each person has to do. Listen to complaints with an open mind.

Average, but cheap. Problems with management...

Current Employee - IT Department
    Current Employee - IT Department

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fairly decent company to work for. If you show you can work effectively they leave you alone for the most part. Not to much micromanaging. Flexible with work hours so long as the work is being taken care of. Direct manager understands what employees do and is helpful.

Cons

Having worked with the company just about 10 years I've been witness to poor decision making by other management staff and unfortunately its the employees paying for their mistakes, lack of doing. Can be very frustrating. There is also a stigma among employees regarding pay, raises and benefits. I have to agree with other comments posted here, they are few and far between. Even for those that show initiative. I personally had to threaten to leave before they increased my pay to a excepable amount.

Truthly value your employees with bonuses, pay increases and benefits not just lip service. Listen to your employees, help them so they can help the company grow. In addition, upper management needs to be hiring good sound candidates for middle management. I can't stress this enough as a large percentage of issues involve these 'supected' managers and are the primary failing point...

Broad variety of training opportunities!

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are countless training opportunities at Crescent. Whether you want to learn more about the electrical industry or you're looking to build personal skills, there are webinars, classes, books, and conferences to help you accomplish your training goals.

Crescent likes to hire from within. Most employees work their way up the ladder.

Crescent encourages internal and external networking. Employees and managers make frequent branch visits and attend Crescent conferences. This promotes a sense of community within the company. I know many Crescent employees across the country and I feel comfortable going to them for answers. In addition to internal networking, many branches host open houses, promotional events, and BBQ's for our customers and local business partners. These events are fun ways to get to know people in our local community.

I am able to comfortably balance work and home. Tasks are distributed evenly throughout the branch so no one is too overwhelmed.

Cons

Crescent's benefits package is adequate, but there is room for improvement.

Work hours are somewhat flexible, but there has to be coverage. I would like a bit more freedom when it comes to my work schedule.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

120+ locations in the US.

Current Employee - Clerical  in  Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Clerical in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for growth, work-life balance, benefits such as medical and vacation time. My direct supervisor is great with allowing time off and helping me grow individually.

Cons

Training is hard to come by unless your in a management trainee program. 2 weeks vacation until year 7 then it becomes 3.

Offer training to employees not just interested in upper management. Maybe offer additional incentives such as allowing more paid time off after a 5 year mark.

If you are a salesperson you are treated better.

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company will invest in training. good coworkers. If you work hard there is a good opportunity for advancement. They will allow you to relocate.

Cons

District manager treats some people in sales jobs better than the people in non sales jobs(warehouse). Schedules training during work hours so those not in the training have to do twice as much work. Not showing loyalty to the people that have been there. Treat people just hired better than the people that have been there for years.

Treat everyone as equals. The people in the warehouse are the backbone of the company.

Crescent Electric is a company that rewards the employees for achievements and hard work.

Current Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Toledo, OH

Pros

Great Company that gives you the opportunity to advance your skills with any additional training that is needed.

Cons

the option for company car

Very stable company. I have had very positive experiences here.

Current Employee - Helpdesk Coordinator  in  East Dubuque, IL
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Coordinator in East Dubuque, IL

Pros

Crescent is always on the cutting edge for technology. They invest in their employees through training and there is always room for advancement.

Cons

They have a lean staff for the amount of support that is required. But overall good.

Communicate to your employees what is going on. Give praise to employees that go the extra mile. Believe it or not, that goes farther than money some times.

Great family business

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company feel, large company market presence. Nationally recognized brand and very prestigious within the industry.

Cons

their IT systems were outdated when I was there, but I've heard they've made large investments and improvements in this area since.

Continue with the technology upgrades, continue the national sales conference but offer more skill development training opportunities as well. While I was there, the only training offered was product related training from vendor partners.

Great Company

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Sheridan, WY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sheridan, WY

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, takes care of their employees, great opportunity for advancement in the company.

Cons

The technologies is "centuries" behind. However there is an upgrade coming.

A great company to make a career with.

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time

Pros

Very strong, very people and family oriented top leadership. Of all the companies I have worked for since college many years ago, this company easily outshines the others in caring for employees. There is no other company in our industry that invests in employee training as heavily as Crescent does and this is the key for anyone who wants to create a rewarding career for themselves. This company has countless examples of people rising from a beginning position, working in the warehouse or driving a delivery truck, to a senior level position. How fast you move and how much you earn is based on how hard you want to work. This is how it is supposed to work in America.

During my career, I have worked for companies that were dominated by politics and brown nosing. You will not find that at Crescent. Try buttering up the CEO at this company and he will chuckle and tell you to save that for customers!

Cons

The company is a bit on the conservative side.

Keep on doing what you are doing!

Crescent Electric Supply Response

Apr 14, 2014Senior HR Representative

This review accurately describes the culture at Crescent Electric Supply Company. Some individuals may think that you just have to put in the "time" in order to move up in the company. At Crescent ... More

Crescent Electric Supply Photos

Worked for Crescent Electric Supply? Contribute to the Community!