Crescent Electric Supply

Updated August 30, 2014
Updated August 30, 2014
3.7

Martin Burbridge

Good company to work for, great benefits.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love my job & feel like I have the best job in the building. The job is fulfilling and is never boring.
    If I have a problem with something, there is always someone at Corporate who can help me decide how to resolve.

Cons

Written CEOPS is very complicated and difficult to understand. Explanation of procedures is not very understandable.

Take a little more time to understand what each person has to do. Listen to complaints with an open mind.

Average, but cheap. Problems with management...

Current Employee - IT Department
    Current Employee - IT Department

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly decent company to work for. If you show you can work effectively they leave you alone for the most part. Not to much micromanaging. Flexible with work hours so long as the work is being taken care of. Direct manager understands what employees do and is helpful.

Cons

Having worked with the company just about 10 years I've been witness to poor decision making by other management staff and unfortunately its the employees paying for their mistakes, lack of doing. Can be very frustrating. There is also a stigma among employees regarding pay, raises and benefits. I have to agree with other comments posted here, they are few and far between. Even for those that show initiative. I personally had to threaten to leave before they increased my pay to a excepable amount.

Truthly value your employees with bonuses, pay increases and benefits not just lip service. Listen to your employees, help them so they can help the company grow. In addition, upper management needs to be hiring good sound candidates for middle management. I can't stress this enough as a large percentage of issues involve these 'supected' managers and are the primary failing point...

Broad variety of training opportunities!

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are countless training opportunities at Crescent. Whether you want to learn more about the electrical industry or you're looking to build personal skills, there are webinars, classes, books, and conferences to help you accomplish your training goals.

Crescent likes to hire from within. Most employees work their way up the ladder.

Crescent encourages internal and external networking. Employees and managers make frequent branch visits and attend Crescent conferences. This promotes a sense of community within the company. I know many Crescent employees across the country and I feel comfortable going to them for answers. In addition to internal networking, many branches host open houses, promotional events, and BBQ's for our customers and local business partners. These events are fun ways to get to know people in our local community.

I am able to comfortably balance work and home. Tasks are distributed evenly throughout the branch so no one is too overwhelmed.

Cons

Crescent's benefits package is adequate, but there is room for improvement.

Work hours are somewhat flexible, but there has to be coverage. I would like a bit more freedom when it comes to my work schedule.

120+ locations in the US.

Current Employee - Clerical in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Clerical in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, work-life balance, benefits such as medical and vacation time. My direct supervisor is great with allowing time off and helping me grow individually.

Cons

Training is hard to come by unless your in a management trainee program. 2 weeks vacation until year 7 then it becomes 3.

Offer training to employees not just interested in upper management. Maybe offer additional incentives such as allowing more paid time off after a 5 year mark.

If you are a salesperson you are treated better.

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company will invest in training. good coworkers. If you work hard there is a good opportunity for advancement. They will allow you to relocate.

Cons

District manager treats some people in sales jobs better than the people in non sales jobs(warehouse). Schedules training during work hours so those not in the training have to do twice as much work. Not showing loyalty to the people that have been there. Treat people just hired better than the people that have been there for years.

Treat everyone as equals. The people in the warehouse are the backbone of the company.

Crescent Electric is a company that rewards the employees for achievements and hard work.

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company that gives you the opportunity to advance your skills with any additional training that is needed.

Cons

the option for company car

Very stable company. I have had very positive experiences here.

Current Employee - Helpdesk Coordinator in East Dubuque, IL
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Coordinator in East Dubuque, IL

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Crescent is always on the cutting edge for technology. They invest in their employees through training and there is always room for advancement.

Cons

They have a lean staff for the amount of support that is required. But overall good.

Communicate to your employees what is going on. Give praise to employees that go the extra mile. Believe it or not, that goes farther than money some times.

Great family business

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Small company feel, large company market presence. Nationally recognized brand and very prestigious within the industry.

Cons

their IT systems were outdated when I was there, but I've heard they've made large investments and improvements in this area since.

Continue with the technology upgrades, continue the national sales conference but offer more skill development training opportunities as well. While I was there, the only training offered was product related training from vendor partners.

Great Company

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sheridan, WY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sheridan, WY

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly, takes care of their employees, great opportunity for advancement in the company.

Cons

The technologies is "centuries" behind. However there is an upgrade coming.

This is a company that will invest in you!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Since my first day as an intern, Crescent Electric has been investing their time and money into my career. From weekly webinars, to National Sales Conferences, Crescent knows that by investing in their employees, they are investing in their future. In a world where companies are looking to streamline everything, it is easy to see that Crescent is different and their employees are the top priority.
    I moved 1800 miles from home to work at a Crescent branch, and they have done nothing but treat me like family. From company picnics, softball games, and spending time together after work, my immediate managers and coworkers have created a positive environment that makes it easy to come to work everyday.

Cons

Crescent has been on the slower side adapting to new technologies, but in recent months they have made great strides in changing this.

Keep investing in employees and giving them the tools to go out and rise above the competition.

Crescent Electric Supply Photos