Crescent Hotels & Resorts Reviews

3.4
Michael George

1. Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Great Hours (40 hours a week, if more, overtime pay is given)
    On-Time Pay (never late)
    PTO/Vacation
    Hotel Benefits

Cons

Company Ethic
    The company seems to experience high turnover. They should come up with a better plan to cover those turnover rates.

Give direction as to what you want seen

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hourly staff was the only pleasant thing.

Cons

Freedom given to make change, but when it is done it is frowned upon because its not how upper management wants it done. Take notes on what they want, they have a 'whatever' attitude, again upper management doesnt speak up but never like the attempt at positive change you try and do.

Advice to Management

Structure a training session for all levels. Say what you want done. Dont assume all is known, no matter what level, if you want it done your way, then train it to have it done your way

Director of Sales and Marketing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has plenty of opportunities for advancement. The goals/direction of the CEO are very clear. Crescent is growing more and more! From my experience they pay very well...above market value depending on the position.

Cons

Senior level management does not allow you to do your job! There are individuals on the regional team that are very egotistical, and want to take credit for your hotel's success....but take very little blame for anything going wrong despite the fact that they are the ones given sole direction.

If your a seasoned manager and want to work for a company that listens to your input Crescent is not the company for you. Be prepared to be told what to do and how to do it...regardless of your experience.

Advice to Management

Smart companies hire Smart people and provide the tools they need to succeed. They do not manufacture road blocks, and create a culture of "it's my way or no way".

Crescent if you want to be "the employer of choice" and be the company people retire with (quotes from the CEO, Michael George) fix your Regional Team and look more into the oversight they provide to your GMs & DOSMs.

5. Getting laid off from my previous job was a blessing in disguise, as I was hired by Crescent!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (More than a year)

Pros

The job is fast paced and challenging, corporate staff is great to work with.

Cons

I have not encountered any cons yet, will update if I do!

ICE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts

Pros

None so far. The only thing paperless about this company is your check stub. Daily operations paperwork tripled. SEVEN transactions on TWo machines for each credit card in our restaurant

Cons

This company does not provide you with the tools you NEED to do your job!! I serve people outside in Florida at a golf resort. Ice machine has been broken for a month, NO ICE. Summer in Florida is HOT

Advice to Management

Instead of paying an extreme amount of wasted labor hours, provide employees with what they NEED to do their job.

Crescent Hotels & Resorts Response

Jun 22, 2015Corporate Director of HR, Talent Acquisitions

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our company. I know that doing administrative work is always a challenge. However, our requirements for "paperwork" are normal for a company of our size ... More

7. Crescent - Preferred Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have been with Crescent for nearly 8 years. Throughout employment I have been given opportunity to learn and grow my career and most importantly have seen several fellow associates progress as well. The people that lead the company are passionate and genuine and lead with integrity.

Cons

Growth often comes in spurts which can cause a lot on your plate at one time and you can't be as effective as you want to be. The resources are added but sometimes it just can't be anticipated early enough.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on associate satisfaction and the balance with client satisfaction. It is one of the biggest reasons Crescent truly is a preferred employer over others.

8. Great Company with a lot of support!

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts

Pros

I have worked for this company for 3 years and I have to say this is one of the best companies i have ever worked for. They really believe in their people and give us the support we need which makes it easy to want to work for the senior leaders. They have great resources and support for all their properties. I cant say enough good things about Crescent and their leaders I plan on working with them for a long time to come!

Cons

nothing to report at this time

9. Global Sales Director

Current Employee - Global Sales Director in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Global Sales Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Crescent Hotels & Resorts CARES about the very basics of hospitality...take caring of the guests, their clients and their employees! I am often asked (based on my position with CHR) by brand representatives and account contacts, how I like working for a franchise company vs a brand, my response is always the same " I have the greatest job in the world"...I once worked for a major brand for many years and the whole concept of hospitality is lost at the brand level."

Cons

Loss of communication at the corporate team level with major growth in the field.

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of what the word "hospitality" truly means...it defines our company and sets us a part from our competitors

10. Vice President of Sales

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in West Pittston, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in West Pittston, PA

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is no where else I would work. I plan to retire from Crescent. Dynamic Company who values my ideas, allows me to express myself and appreciates me. Crescent takes the time to engage with me both on a professional and personal level.. They care about what is happening and show appreciation through bonus and public appreciation.

Cons

None. My experience has been so positive that I would not change anything. I appreciate when something is not perfect in my department, I get a personal call and we discuss any problems and how we should move forward to bring about change or a positive result.

Advice to Management

Keep communication at this level. Love the weekly updates. Bi-weekly calls to keep everyone informed. Thankful that I have the tools to perform my job.

11. A Company That Cares

Current Employee - Regional Director of Human Resources in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Human Resources in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (More than 5 years)

Pros

Crescent does everything in their power to take care of their associates. Every decision made takes into consideration the impact on the associates. They have done a fantastic job and managing to keep healthcare costs low and affordable for associates at a time when that can be difficult and they do a great job at recognizing good associates and giving them opportunities to grow.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and they need to keep expanding their corporate structure to be able to better serve their properties. However, recently they have been adding quite a few individuals to their corporate structure to improve this area.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding corporate structure to be able to better serve your hotel properties. Otherwise just keep doing what you are doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed