Crestron Electronics

Updated December 1, 2014
Updated December 1, 2014
2.5

Randy Klein

Pros
  • Crestron provides an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of technology (in 5 reviews)

• The company is rock-solid financially - there are super smart people guiding the business (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Commonly no communication between people on the same team (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is at best clueless to the situation and needs of their workers (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Its an Okay company to start building your resume.

I have been working at Crestron Electronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been privileged to work with a great group of people and have been given the opportunity to grow.

Cons

The benefits and PTOs are not the best.

Large company trying to be small

I worked at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Most of the people are fun and easy to work with, that's about where it ends.

Cons

Poor management of its employees - doesn't take them seriously, therefore employees don't take their jobs seriously. No incentives to work or try harder.

Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole - listen to your employees. Their satisfaction will bring more satisfaction to your customers.

Just started

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

room to move up eventually

Cons

low starting pay for engineer

Okay internship experience, could be more challenging

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people all seemed very friendly and willing to help out when needed. The leadership also seemed pretty well organized and willing to help with movement in the company if I returned. The products are interesting and exciting to work on.

Cons

The internship was not very rigorous, and definitely could be put together better. Also, the company did not seem to be a very exciting place to be if you were not doing work, not many outside activities scheduled, even for interns.

The office culture could be a lot more fun. Give employees something to do on a break other than walk outside or sit around a table at lunch.

An great place to work for the "right" fit.

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time

Pros

Great people spread throughout the company. I thoroughly enjoyed going to work every day. The products were top-notch and the company wasn't afraid to spend money.

Cons

Some strategic decisions were egotistical and the company acted as a bully in some ways when dealing with competition. Most decisions, regardless of department or function, came from the very top with little regard to the input of the teams closer to the project.

Experience was mixed, to be honest

Former Employee - Product Tester in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Product Tester in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generally, the people I worked with were good and for the most part, easy to get along with. I had some good experiences early on, helping determine flaws in a signature product, working with production engineers. The health insurance plan given to us was good, not HMO crap but a PPO.

Cons

I felt that the pay was low for assembly line workers (i.e. assemblers, product testers, and packers) and technicians,, given how expensive Northern New Jersey is. Also, there is conflict between the night shift (when I worked) and the day shift. The day shift would frequently accuse the night shift of damaging things or disorganizing the workplace. In one production area, the day shift tried to pass off their mistakes onto the night shift. Also, I was supposed to eventually work as a technician, as I was studying electronics, but never got there. Eventually I left to take some graduate engineering courses. I felt many employees, particularly on the night shift, were overqualified for their work.

I don't know how much they pay engineers and salaried employees (some rumors suggested low), however, for wage-earners, they seemed to pay less than what the market suggested they should be paid. Perhaps they could pay a little more. Also, there needs to be more cooperation and less strife between the day and night production shifts.

The entire company is built around feeding the ego of the CEO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good market position, lot's of folks who would like to do the right thing. Company stood behind the products, unfortunately that was required because they seldom worked as advertised until the 2nd or 3rd generation.

Cons

the most unprofessionally managed company in America. Employees are constantly demeaned and insulted by senior management.No one gets fired, your work life is just made miserable till you move on. Every day you work there your professional skills are reduced. Leaving to a "normal" company is such a breath of fresh air.

Stable but sad

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time

Pros

Company has large market share.

Cons

Very demotivated workforce, culture of bad managers. I left on my own accord some people are there because it's all they know. Raises are a joke max out at 5% if you can walk on water.

None, the change has to start at the top, competitors will/are quickly catching up on you, in 5 years you will face what Microsoft did when Apple started gaining the lions share of the market.

Not a single drop of motivation, with general sense of insecurity.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Do your time, (year or two max) and experience the ups and downs of the corporate industry. They offer loan repayment program, also make sure to take advantage of the HR discount website.

Cons

There is general lack of morale and motivation within the company. Some managers give lots of uninspiring pep talks, introducing the atmosphere of insecurity and fear. Some co-workers get envious towards the employees who dream big. DO NOT talk about your private life it will definitely backfire. Office mobbing is common here. Don’t allow anyone to use you as their assertion training tool. Do your best job and leave with your head up high.

Listen to objective young minds. Eliminate the unnecessary mission approach procedures. Go back to the basics start a new. Having people working till midnight is not productive at all. What gets done is mediocre work full of overlooks do to lack of sleep. This takes just as much time on managers behalf to review and correct.

Marketing

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place and great company. It is not for everyone however. That said, the morale is fun and there is a common goal...work hard for Crestron.

Cons

As noted it is not for everyone. The fast paced environment often requires tough skin. I enjoyed it but I can see where people who are sensitive may not enjoy it.

Like most places, listen to your people.

Crestron Electronics Photos