Crestron Electronics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Randy Klein

Pros
  • It's a terrific place to work and the management is whip smart and top notch (in 3 reviews)

• Do your time, (year or two max) and experience the ups and downs of the corporate industry (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Commonly no communication between people on the same team (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is at best clueless to the situation and needs of their workers (in 3 reviews)

1. Good place to work

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Crestron has a highly developed product line and is the largest company in it's industry which is a big advantage in many aspects of selling.

Cons

Better cooperation between sales team and marketing department could be good

2. Administrative

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Great place to work, our company continues to hire employees.

Cons

need a bigger parking space

3. Great time to be a part of Crestron

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Great Technology, amazing time to be a part of a growing company. Managers have an open door policy.

Cons

Growing faster than they can hire.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, they are in the trenches, they know the day to day operations.

5. Good company

I worked at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

high pressure work environment not good for everyone.

6. Overall Great Organization

Current Employee - 15 Volvo in Rockleigh, NJ
    Current Employee - 15 Volvo in Rockleigh, NJ

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

I have been with the company for three years within two different departments because of promotions. Executive and Senior management has goals and succession plans for all of their employees. Managers know their stuff which allows us as employee to constantly evolve in our careers. The growth and advancement levels are surprisingly high as the company continue to grow in gross profits. Co workers are always their to help and work as a team to meet a goal, deadline, or just to lend a helping hand. The products and technology are amazing and Crestron will always be an industry leader. The company offers full benefit coverage with very low deductibles, and you receive three weeks of paid vacation per year! The company will never carry debt so the environment and job security is very stable. I highly recommend Crestron to all!

Cons

Not many negatives or downsides of Crestron. Due too constant innovation and growth, departments can become short staffed which increases work load but this is due to the demand for skilled workers and manufacturing employees in a growing environment. I believe Crestron should come up with ways to get the company together such as possible company outings etc to increase work morale.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to continue growing the organization and create plans for the employees to continually contribute,grow and advance within the great organization. Listen to employee suggestions because they are working and innovating the products at the first stage implementation.

7. Administrative

Former Employee - Administrative in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. The company was very stable. Job security, benefits, nice environment. Huge company and the compensation and raises were good.

Cons

Would have liked more formal opportunity for advancement.

The Opportunities are Endless

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

I am a public relations/social media summer intern in the marketing department at Crestron Electronics in Rockleigh, New Jersey. I am currently in their 12-week summer internship program, entering my third week. This company has welcomed the interns with open arms and made this experience truly memorable. I am already working on projects that I feel will help me grow in my future studies and career. Crestron truly invests in their future workforce and are extremely supportive. On my first day, I was given the opportunity to write a press release and prepare to interview top executives in the company. I was able to utilize skills I attained in school, while learning interpersonal skills through work with my mentor. Since starting my internship, I have continued to get endless opportunities. I have had my drafts posted to company social media pages, conducted countless interviews, gone to off-site events, met various company managers and executives, drafted case studies, and more. This is a company that really cares about their interns and makes sure that they get hands on experience they need before entering the workforce. Overall this company is a great place filled with very intelligent people who love to connect and encourage their employees as well as the interns.

Cons

Parking can be a hassle but I do believe they are building another parking lot for employees. Problem Solved!

9. Hard work does pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockleigh, NJ

I have been working at Crestron Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Crestron owns the market and therefore offers job security. If you stick with it, pay attention and learn the ropes of how the company operates you absolutely can grow. There is opportunity for advancement from the front line operation all the way to top management. The one thing I love about working here is the opportunity to learn and that if there is an opportunity for growth your current manager will not hold you back.

Cons

The cons are your standard cons. When you work at a place the grass may sometimes seem greener on the other side. Its not until you get ot the other side you then realize. Not too many Corporate parties, the vending machines are lackluster when it comes to offering healthy snacks.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to offer more flexibility to employees for every department and to offer some kind of healthy lifestyle company sponsored memberships.

Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Crestron Electronics (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly competitive company filled with smart people who work their tails off. Never felt I was in it alone - everyone wants to help

Cons

Significant pressure to hit numbers, sometimes feel that the development team is spending time building products mainly for the commercial market while I work in the residential space.

11. Amazing electronics.. Definite cool factor..

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Stony Point, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Stony Point, NY

I have been working at Crestron Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very rewarding work, because the products are just plain COOL. Every Crestron employee would gladly be a Crestron customer.. ...Amazing electronics.. I found the work/life balance to be great. They definitely put on pressure when necessary, but they do not kill you with work. Every year, there are tradeshows which require alot of extra work, sometimes a weekend here an there, but its worth it. To see your stuff on display, makes you proud.

Cons

Nerdy, techy.. not the most exciting bunch, and sometimes a little snobbish, condescending.. But not too bad, I've seen much worse.

Advice to Management

Don't go public !

RSS Feed </> Embed