Crestron Electronics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Randy Klein

Pros
  • It's a terrific place to work and the management is whip smart and top notch (in 3 reviews)

• Do your time, (year or two max) and experience the ups and downs of the corporate industry (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Commonly no communication between people on the same team (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is at best clueless to the situation and needs of their workers (in 3 reviews)

1. Good place to work

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Crestron has a highly developed product line and is the largest company in it's industry which is a big advantage in many aspects of selling.

Cons

Better cooperation between sales team and marketing department could be good

2. Customer Service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumont, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumont, NJ

I have been working at Crestron Electronics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and mentors alike

Cons

lower wages than the market norm

3. Mechanical Engineer Intern

Pros

Structured intern program with mentors. Intern socials at Dave and Busters. Everyone was very helpful

Cons

Low pay. Boring work for a mechanical engineer. Not much creativity

5. Administrative

Pros

Great place to work, our company continues to hire employees.

Cons

need a bigger parking space

Unfortunately disappointing

Former Employee - Manufacturing in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great design and products. Profitable portfolio. Engineering opportunities to expand product line. Procurement and Logistics drives costs down to help profits soar.

Cons

Management is inconsistent. No strategy or plan, satisfied to put out fires and gleam the effectiveness of the profitability with little to no effort by management. Constant change with no plan to improve, especially manufacturing. No investment in people, constant negative pitting one another against each other. No succession planning. Dishonest, disloyal, negative fear tactics used to manage.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to spend more time evaluating his core team. Needs to clean up the house a bit and bring in top talent that wants to run a company off hard work versus riding the profitability of good products to put less effort in actually running the company, especially manufacturing department. The management takes credit for what the people actually working do, and cast an untrue shadow of blame over the true talent only to gain more for the few that don't have the actual talent.

7. Great time to be a part of Crestron

Pros

Great Technology, amazing time to be a part of a growing company. Managers have an open door policy.

Cons

Growing faster than they can hire.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, they are in the trenches, they know the day to day operations.

8. Overall Great Organization

Current Employee - 15 Volvo in Rockleigh, NJ
    Current Employee - 15 Volvo in Rockleigh, NJ

Pros

I have been with the company for three years within two different departments because of promotions. Executive and Senior management has goals and succession plans for all of their employees. Managers know their stuff which allows us as employee to constantly evolve in our careers. The growth and advancement levels are surprisingly high as the company continue to grow in gross profits. Co workers are always their to help and work as a team to meet a goal, deadline, or just to lend a helping hand. The products and technology are amazing and Crestron will always be an industry leader. The company offers full benefit coverage with very low deductibles, and you receive three weeks of paid vacation per year! The company will never carry debt so the environment and job security is very stable. I highly recommend Crestron to all!

Cons

Not many negatives or downsides of Crestron. Due too constant innovation and growth, departments can become short staffed which increases work load but this is due to the demand for skilled workers and manufacturing employees in a growing environment. I believe Crestron should come up with ways to get the company together such as possible company outings etc to increase work morale.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to continue growing the organization and create plans for the employees to continually contribute,grow and advance within the great organization. Listen to employee suggestions because they are working and innovating the products at the first stage implementation.

9. Good company

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

high pressure work environment not good for everyone.

10. Administrative

Former Employee - Administrative in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. The company was very stable. Job security, benefits, nice environment. Huge company and the compensation and raises were good.

Cons

Would have liked more formal opportunity for advancement.

The Opportunities are Endless

Pros

I am a public relations/social media summer intern in the marketing department at Crestron Electronics in Rockleigh, New Jersey. I am currently in their 12-week summer internship program, entering my third week. This company has welcomed the interns with open arms and made this experience truly memorable. I am already working on projects that I feel will help me grow in my future studies and career. Crestron truly invests in their future workforce and are extremely supportive. On my first day, I was given the opportunity to write a press release and prepare to interview top executives in the company. I was able to utilize skills I attained in school, while learning interpersonal skills through work with my mentor. Since starting my internship, I have continued to get endless opportunities. I have had my drafts posted to company social media pages, conducted countless interviews, gone to off-site events, met various company managers and executives, drafted case studies, and more. This is a company that really cares about their interns and makes sure that they get hands on experience they need before entering the workforce. Overall this company is a great place filled with very intelligent people who love to connect and encourage their employees as well as the interns.

Cons

Parking can be a hassle but I do believe they are building another parking lot for employees. Problem Solved!

RSS Feed </> Embed