Crestron Electronics Reviews

Updated April 2, 2015
74 reviews filtered by
2.4
Randy Klein

Pros
  • Crestron provides an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of technology (in 5 reviews)

• The company is rock-solid financially - there are super smart people guiding the business (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Commonly no communication between people on the same team (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is at best clueless to the situation and needs of their workers (in 3 reviews)

1. Software Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful company with bright engineers from 150 miles around :)
    Good vision, very fast and new project ideas.
    Good benefits and productive atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes market ans sales drives. Not really negative.

Advice to Management

Keep the highest professional level !!!

2. Looks good on the Resume.

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company carries no debt, never has never will. Was founded in founders garage and now has global offices with main campus in northern New Jersey...... pays more that unemployment, but not by much. PTO time is quick to get when you first start.

Cons

The bullying starts at the upper echelons of the company. Senior management has no clue has to how there product gets from Cresskill/ and Mexican supplier to Rockleigh and then shipped out to customers( hence my next statement). Loyalty from senior staff is none existant and trickles down to the hourly staff who lack loyalty to a company that starts GMP meetings by reminding them that they can be fired at will with no cause or reason ever stated. Then your asked to sign paperwork agreeing to there nonsense. If you have worked there for a long time PTO time gets harder to obtain. I had to use PTO time when my Mother passed on.

Advice to Management

Wake up, stop trying to cover your rearends from lawsuits with more paperwork. In an interview with Forbes magazine your founder claimed his people made on average $17 an hour....maybe it's time they really did. Scrap your 6cess garbage your hourly employees see it as nothing more than another way for employees to be harrassed by management. When an hourly employee opens his/her mouth and makes a suggestion listen to them there the owns to build your product.

Dont believe the hype.

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time

Pros

international brand good for a label on your resume. If you are anything other than a programmer dont bother, people later on in life will ask you who they are and what they do. i.e. marketing career. Good work life balance rarely did I have to take my work home with me.

Cons

Team... There are some very shady people who work here not so much a team environment like they put themselves out to be. Furthermore if you come into this company with ideas, hold on to those ideas, they will steal them and mark them as there own, with all the contracts and non sense you fill out beforehand you are at a lose.

Advice to Management

Follow your CEO! He put the company together and you middle management ponies are tearing apart his values and mission.

Crestron Electronics - Not Great

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Private company. Benefits are provided.

Cons

Thought to be a great place to commit and grow turned out to be total opposite experience. Management style sadistic, bullying, and unprofessional. Management and employees lack communication even within the same department. No incentives to work or try harder. Worst corporate company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Consider listening to the under-rated employees and keep people who are more on a professional level.

6. Intern Mechanical Engineering

Former Intern - Intern in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Intern - Intern in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Crestron Electronics as an intern

Pros

Training was provided for all tasks. The specially selected project was able to be completed from start to finish during the time of the internship. My boss designed a project I could accomplish with my level of experience but was still a challenge. He and other coworkers were generally friendly, always offering advice and were there to help. The company is a leader in the AV industry, which makes it exciting. I am happy with the time I invested. I learned a lot, gained good work experience, and would return for another internship.

Cons

Not all employees are on the same page, which causes confusion. Hard to get in touch with coworkers quickly. Periods of high volume working non-stop for a deadline and periods of considerable downtime.

Advice to Management

Interns were given a project to work on. However this project relied on feedback from other employees and departments. Smaller independent tasks should be given to make the down-time more productive.

7. Great Company to Intern for

Current Intern - IT Services Intern in Rockleigh, NJ
    Current Intern - IT Services Intern in Rockleigh, NJ

I have been working at Crestron Electronics as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Office culture is pretty good, people here are mostly nice. Had my plate full.

Cons

Company is going through some serious growing pains, so things are a little tough as they expand.

8. This company has a good revolving door

I have been working at Crestron Electronics

Pros

This company cares about the bottom line

Cons

Not sure what to put here

Crestron Electronics

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Crestron Electronics full-time

Pros

Creston does make a very good product.

Cons

There is no loyalty towards the employees. The overall style is management by bullying. This starts at the top and filters down through the executive directors. Their people skills are horrible. Watch out for them dramatically changing the compensation program to suit their latest whim. The turn over in the sales department is worse than I have ever seen. I think this along should speak volumes. Most of the executive directors and the CEO are clueless about some of the markets they serve and make very amateurish decisions because of this.

Advice to Management

Being that management thinks they know everything, there is nothing I could say that would mean anything.

Its an Okay company to start building your resume.

I have been working at Crestron Electronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been privileged to work with a great group of people and have been given the opportunity to grow.

Cons

The benefits and PTOs are not the best.

11. Large company trying to be small

I worked at Crestron Electronics

Pros

Most of the people are fun and easy to work with, that's about where it ends.

Cons

Poor management of its employees - doesn't take them seriously, therefore employees don't take their jobs seriously. No incentives to work or try harder.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole - listen to your employees. Their satisfaction will bring more satisfaction to your customers.

Crestron Electronics Photos