Crete Carrier Reviews

Updated February 26, 2015
61 reviews filtered by
3.5
Tonn M. Ostergard

Pros
  • Good pay to start and some nicer people (in 3 reviews)

• The equipment is well maintained and up to date (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • home time in Wilmer but wherever we happened to be when it became time for 3 days off (in 6 reviews)

• Slow trucks (62 mph) however this is offset by decent per mile rate, If you are at a bad terminal life can be very rough (in 3 reviews)

1. Good strong company to work for

Current Employee - Professional Driver in McPherson, KS
    Current Employee - Professional Driver in McPherson, KS

I have been working at Crete Carrier

Pros

good equipment and service. Comfortable trucks. pays all toll charges and EZPASS. Lots of miles. good trailers. nice terminals with good showers and facilities. great benefits and medical coverage, 401k and profit share. lumper pay.

Cons

some dispatchers are real jerks, in certain areas of country. GPS tracked everywhere so must be right on the log book at all times. sometimes presses to hours very tightly. some loads are too stressful. lots of very heavy (80K) limits and make it difficult to be legal weight on all axles, but manageable. must have hazmat even though very few loads are hazmat. getting to be very big and not as "family" oriented as it started out.

get back to family values. treat drivers with more respect and courtesy, instead of just another number.

2. Large orientations, very high employee turnover rate.

Former Employee - Road Driver
    Former Employee - Road Driver

I worked at Crete Carrier

Pros

You are treated nice in orientation, but after that don't expect to be treated the same. They lure you in and when they turn you loose they will send you to new York, ohio and all the places you never wanted to go to. If you like never ever being home and being constantly lied to and on top of that living out of a truck like a homeless person, then this is the job for you.... Good Luck Suckers....

Cons

Management and Dispatchers act like they care about you at first then if something goes wrong or if you have a question they act like your bothering them. They will hire anyone. If you are homeless then I would recommend this job for you other than that go for it if you wanna work for a company that lies to you and wont resolve your problems.

Stop lying to your employees you need them to pay your salaries. A loyal employee will not quit his job, but if you treat him like dirt and lie to him he will quit on you. It is cheaper to keep employees long term rather than having them quit and then having to constantly replace them. Large orientations speaks for itself.

3. Awesome company

Current Employee - Driver in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Driver in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time (less than a year)

Pros

only been with Crete for 8 months and had some issues at home that needed to be taken care of and they have been very understanding. They treat you as a person and they do care about their drivers.

Cons

Slow trucks but they keep you moving. Service for trucks is slow but know the mechanics work hard.

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. Best company I ever worked for

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Wilmer, TX
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Wilmer, TX

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Miles. Plenty of them too. Crete also cares about you personally, Had a death in the family. Called my asset manager and terminal manager. Was on my way to be with my family an hour later. "Take all the time you need: was" what both told me Routed me home for Xmas under a load. Great equipment. No trailers over 5 years old. Late model tractors. Treats their drivers with respect.

Cons

62 mph, but it could be 59. so I will take 62. I have no complaints. Have driven for 3 other companies before Crete, but actually Crete cares about you,

Explore a 65 mph max speed. Othe than that, keep doing what you are doing.

6. Great Company

Current Employee - Over the Road Driver in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Over the Road Driver in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Crete Carrier

Pros

As a company driver I get good miles. Office personnel are friendly.

Cons

Hometime Sometimes you get home late if you don't specify you have an appt

Get drivers home when they request it.

7. Too much micro-management

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Crete Carrier full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large company, so you usually have lots of freight. Very rarely did I sit.

Cons

Forced dispatch. Told where to fuel and which routes to take. 62 mph trucks. Low average miles.

8. Great Company

Current Employee - Truck Driver in North Platte, NE
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in North Platte, NE

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great pay. 401k dental vision, health, and life insurance. Profit sharing. Military Aprenticeship program available.
    The company treats the truck drivers really well. I stayed in a single room in the downtown Lincoln Holiday Inn during orientation. The same hotel the corporate staff stay in. Very professional. BRAND NEW equipment. I'm driving a 2013 Pro Plus with auto start and non idle heat and AC. Electronic logs . I've never been pressured to get a delivery done if I felt roads were unsafe. This is my first truck driving job. EVERY Crete driver I talked to said they like the company and I'm lucky to have picked Crete verses other companies.

Cons

One day off for every six worked, but that's trucking. Management willing to work with you for time off needed.

Recruit as many Vets as possible. We bring a lot to the table. Open your own truck driving schools in every state.

After 2 years I must say crete has been good to me

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Crete Carrier

Pros

They keep ya really busy.really!!

Cons

They run yer arse off!!! Lol!! Seriously you are on another load 5 minutes after delivery..I'm going to go to a shorter time out . Personally I'm becoming burned out.. making money is good but a life would be too!! : ) 45 days out..

Gimme a break!!! Lol!! : p

10. Driving

Current Employee - National Driver
    Current Employee - National Driver

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

ok pay and home time

Cons

Management system is not adequate

need load offers ,so one can chose what fits into individual driver time

11. No communication; No room to grow

Former Intern - Operations Intern in Lincoln, NE
    Former Intern - Operations Intern in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Crete Carrier as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

People in the operations department are very kind. Geoff Humphreys is a great guy/boss. The food in the cafeteria is pretty good.

Cons

Communication between workers, and superiors, is atrocious. Often times you would get to work and have no clue what you were supposed to do. They move you around without discussing with you first. Very cult-like mentality of people who work in the operations department - some of the people don't want to go out of their way to help you. Most of the jobs in operations could be done by a trained monkey, but you have to know past relationships of customers (that management fails to fill you in on).

Work on vertical communication. Don't move people around without first discussing the move with the employee first. Make objectives more clear to new employees.

Crete Carrier Photos