Crete Carrier

www.cretecarrier.com

Crete Carrier Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2014

Tonn M. Ostergard

Operations is a great place to work

Asset Manager (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsI'm not sure what happened to the other asset manager but my management is excellent and they let you have your opinions and take them into consideration. They are also good at working out problems between dispatchers and drivers. The benefits are great, the coworkers are great.

ConsHave to put in Saturdays stinks. And the inflexible 700-430 hours. Would be nice if we could hook up our computers from home and do some work.

rocky at first but good company to work for

OTR Driver (Current Employee)

Prospay good asset mngr fantastic

Conscommunication needs a little work

Advice to Senior Managementlook at the qual com and update information

No leadership, don't care about Mechanics

Prosdecent benefits, you can get away with just about anything and nothing will happn but a slap on the wrist.

ConsNo training for Mechanics, they only expect an employee to be their for a year or 2. Pay is substandard, and raises are non existent unless you enjoy getting .25 every year. Leadership at the Kansas City shop is seriously lacking. I have seen guys get emotionally beat down by supervisors and then when it's reported to HR they do nothing about it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to be a great company What the Heck happend

OTR Driver (Current Employee)

ProsLarge Fleet lots of terminals

ConsThey do not care about getting you home when your home time is due always late went from 12-14 day out to 21 days out since they couldn't get me home on time figured Id may as well get the higher pay for my effort. No one from Terminal managers to shop workers seems to care to even talk to you about a problem a lot of pass the buck .. Weekend dispatch is horrible.. Dispatch will give you a load wake you up all night long then make you set for hours for the load information... Is that productive Im out here to make money.... and then if you are lucky enough to need special numbers that they didn't give you they will argue that they are in the load information and you will spend hours waiting for them to actually look and respond usually will have to call to finnaly get the info if someone will answer you .. I have had this make me late to grocery ware houses and you know how that goes its not good.. to be sitting in line ready to check in and then realize they are gonna make you late cause they are not doing their job... and then when you get inside there are 3 more Crete drivers with the same problem Also the Shops at the terminals are a joke they take forever to fix anything if they fix it 10 days to fix a bunk heater ... you get max 150 for breakdown pay... then they will put you in a truck worse than what you got out of... Its sad to see how bad it is getting seems as though everyone is doing the minimal amount of work and then they expect the maximum from the drivers and cant even extend common courtesy...

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your drivers like Slaves like they have to do what you say.. and Stop asking Dispatch what the problems are They Are The PROBLEM... you used to have orientation only in Lincoln a maybe once a week now its all over and twice a week ... you are loosing good drivers and hiring anyone... that's about all you are gonna have left is bottom of the Barrel if you don't wake up.... It is a Shame this used to be a company I was proud of now they talk to you like a dog and treat you like a slave and then send you Driving awards ... wow seriously wake up

Once upon a time was a good company .. Those Days are OVER!

Operations Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGot some good people working there that will help you.

ConsManagement has no clue how to manage. Everything is about what the report says. It's not what reality is. Procedures are way to lengthy and time consuming. You have to go through 15 people to get something done.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplfy things. No need to have so many steps. People's attitudes needs to change. Just because some people have been there 20 years, don't give them the right to treat people like garbage. Stop the fighting between departments.

Great company, excellent benefits but they never got me home

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Wilmer, TX

ProsGreat medical, dental and retirement plans

ConsDrivers are away from home 2-3 months at a time, then are only home for a few days before having to go back out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more generous home time.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsTop pay for drivers, opportunities in operations, excellent benefits and profit sharing. Cares about employees, great co-workers, work as part of a team

ConsTrying to grow too fast, productivity taking precedence over quality service. Sometimes unclear where things are heading or how to reach goals

The starting pay at many entry positions has stayed the same for over 7 years

Driver Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsOpen door policy with management.

ConsLow pay and minimal opportunities for advancement

Sucks the live right out of you!

Asset Manager (Former Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsCrete Carrier is a family owned company and will hire just about anyone.

ConsVindictive bosses and management. They want you to get all this work done but want you do it their way which requires way too much time. I was a dispatcher there and I stood up for my drivers and tried to do the right thing. But if you don't do what "they" or question it anyway they write you up then fire you. My experience was not good at this company. Bosses complain about the company not making any money as they all drive up in Meredes and BMW's.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want your people to have all this responsibility, maybe give them to authority to make the decision.

I am a driver for Crete Carrier

Wal-Mart Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) North Platte, NE

ProsCrete Carrier expects their employees to act in a professional manner and in return they treat their drivers with respect. They will do all that they can do to see that the needs of the driver are met. If a driver wants to work then he/she can make a very good living with Crete.

ConsThe only thing I dislike are the slow trucks but I can understand their reasons for this. The high cost of fuel created a real problem and if slowing the trucks down then I guess it had to happen. Other than that I have no problem with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that all of the drivers need to be in the PeopleNet system as well as the QualCom system. One of the drivers on the Wal-Mart dedictated went from his truck which had QualCom to one that had PeopleNet for a few days as his truck was in the shop. Because he was not in the PeopleNet sytem he had to call dispatch each time he needed to record an action. I am sure that dispatch did not like having to do extra work.

Worked for Crete Carrier? Contribute to the Community!