Crete Carrier Reviews

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

3.2

Tonn M. Ostergard

KC maintenance department is a joke.

Current Employee - Tractor Trailer Mechanic  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Tractor Trailer Mechanic in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time for less than a year

Pros

PTO available upon starting. No discipline at all, you can mess up a lot and not get in trouble.

Cons

Politics, too much of management playing favorites. New employees with lower experience and no certifications make more than older seasoned employees. High turnover rate, about one mechanic a month leaves.

Upper management (manager, not foremans) need to sit down with each employee and figure out what the problem is. The manager never leaves the office so some foremans do as they please. Don't know if you know or not but you do have a shop with some talented individuals, quit sending work out to third parties. All the money we would save doing work in-house would allow for raises for shop employees. It would be nice if middle management (foremen) were required to have an education, at least high school (which some don't). Try and keep people at Crete, our reputation is badly damaged in KC because all the former employees talking about us.

Operations is a great place to work

Current Employee - Asset Manager  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Asset Manager in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time for more than a year

Pros

I'm not sure what happened to the other asset manager but my management is excellent and they let you have your opinions and take them into consideration. They are also good at working out problems between dispatchers and drivers. The benefits are great, the coworkers are great.

Cons

Have to put in Saturdays stinks. And the inflexible 700-430 hours. Would be nice if we could hook up our computers from home and do some work.

rocky at first but good company to work for

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time for less than a year

Pros

pay good asset mngr fantastic

Cons

communication needs a little work

look at the qual com and update information

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No leadership, don't care about Mechanics

I have been working at Crete Carrier

Pros

decent benefits, you can get away with just about anything and nothing will happn but a slap on the wrist.

Cons

No training for Mechanics, they only expect an employee to be their for a year or 2. Pay is substandard, and raises are non existent unless you enjoy getting .25 every year. Leadership at the Kansas City shop is seriously lacking. I have seen guys get emotionally beat down by supervisors and then when it's reported to HR they do nothing about it.

Used to be a great company What the Heck happend

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Large Fleet lots of terminals

Cons

They do not care about getting you home when your home time is due always late went from 12-14 day out to 21 days out since they couldn't get me home on time figured Id may as well get the higher pay for my effort. No one from Terminal managers to shop workers seems to care to even talk to you about a problem a lot of pass the buck .. Weekend dispatch is horrible.. Dispatch will give you a load wake you up all night long then make you set for hours for the load information... Is that productive Im out here to make money.... and then if you are lucky enough to need special numbers that they didn't give you they will argue that they are in the load information and you will spend hours waiting for them to actually look and respond usually will have to call to finnaly get the info if someone will answer you .. I have had this make me late to grocery ware houses and you know how that goes its not good.. to be sitting in line ready to check in and then realize they are gonna make you late cause they are not doing their job... and then when you get inside there are 3 more Crete drivers with the same problem Also the Shops at the terminals are a joke they take forever to fix anything if they fix it 10 days to fix a bunk heater ... you get max 150 for breakdown pay... then they will put you in a truck worse than what you got out of... Its sad to see how bad it is getting seems as though everyone is doing the minimal amount of work and then they expect the maximum from the drivers and cant even extend common courtesy...

Stop treating your drivers like Slaves like they have to do what you say.. and Stop asking Dispatch what the problems are They Are The PROBLEM... you used to have orientation only in Lincoln a maybe once a week now its all over and twice a week ... you are loosing good drivers and hiring anyone... that's about all you are gonna have left is bottom of the Barrel if you don't wake up.... It is a Shame this used to be a company I was proud of now they talk to you like a dog and treat you like a slave and then send you Driving awards ... wow seriously wake up

Once upon a time was a good company .. Those Days are OVER!

Former Employee - Operations Associate
    Former Employee - Operations Associate

I worked at Crete Carrier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Got some good people working there that will help you.

Cons

Management has no clue how to manage. Everything is about what the report says. It's not what reality is. Procedures are way to lengthy and time consuming. You have to go through 15 people to get something done.

Simplfy things. No need to have so many steps. People's attitudes needs to change. Just because some people have been there 20 years, don't give them the right to treat people like garbage. Stop the fighting between departments.

Great company, excellent benefits but they never got me home

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Wilmer, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Wilmer, TX

I worked at Crete Carrier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great medical, dental and retirement plans

Cons

Drivers are away from home 2-3 months at a time, then are only home for a few days before having to go back out.

Give more generous home time.

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Top pay for drivers, opportunities in operations, excellent benefits and profit sharing. Cares about employees, great co-workers, work as part of a team

Cons

Trying to grow too fast, productivity taking precedence over quality service. Sometimes unclear where things are heading or how to reach goals

The starting pay at many entry positions has stayed the same for over 7 years

Current Employee - Driver Recruiter
    Current Employee - Driver Recruiter

I have been working at Crete Carrier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open door policy with management.

Cons

Low pay and minimal opportunities for advancement

Sucks the live right out of you!

Former Employee - Asset Manager  in  Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Asset Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Crete Carrier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Crete Carrier is a family owned company and will hire just about anyone.

Cons

Vindictive bosses and management. They want you to get all this work done but want you do it their way which requires way too much time. I was a dispatcher there and I stood up for my drivers and tried to do the right thing. But if you don't do what "they" or question it anyway they write you up then fire you. My experience was not good at this company. Bosses complain about the company not making any money as they all drive up in Meredes and BMW's.

If you want your people to have all this responsibility, maybe give them to authority to make the decision.

Worked for Crete Carrier? Contribute to the Community!