Creve Coeur Camera

Love it

Management (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Creve Coeur Camera full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCameras, photography, photowalks, gadgets and more

ConsIt's retail hours...but it's photography

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Compensation is below the poverty line, management is irate, and no room for growth

Photographic Consultant (Former Employee)
Creve Coeur, MO

I worked at Creve Coeur Camera full-time for less than a year

ProsLaid-back atmosphere... sometimes, and discounts on gear. If you develop your client base enough you might be alright, but the the level of sales in another job will vastly exceed this one.

ConsNearly 0 potential for moving up. Terrible pay. Long work hours (and abnormal work hours). A president that doesn't care about his employees, and senior management to boot.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees.

Great Place...I just moved away

Sales (Former Employee)
Creve Coeur, MO

I worked at Creve Coeur Camera full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFantastic Sr. Management, Great Owner, Great being in this business and working with people

ConsRetail hours but not unusual for retail

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat People

Overall a great place to work

Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Creve Coeur Camera

ProsThe atmosphere is very relaxed, and most employees are knowledgeable and committed. I work with a bunch of great people and most of them have been here a long time. We have A LOT of folks that have left and then come back. To me, that means that its a good place to work. Why would people come back if they were unhappy. Senior Management is always open to new ideas, and the overall commitment to customer service is very real. They treat both customers and employees with respect.
I actually am writing this after seeing a review by someone else. My initial response on seeing the other review was "you get out what you put in".

ConsRetail hours are a drag, but that is typical in ANY retail location.

A good place to start, but a bad place to stay

Photographic Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Creve Coeur Camera

ProsA mostly laid-back environment. Fun to work with technology all day. You get to borrow the tech. The people are great (although this depends on your store).

ConsRetail hours suck: 10-8 (i.e. no time to get anything done unless its your day off). Considering what you need to learn and do in order to succeed the pay sucks. Most of the time you're working for waitress wages. There is almost no way to change this unless you move to a store that does more business or get promoted to management and those spaces are very limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor middle management: remember the salespeople are working just as hard as you and your bonus depends on them.

For upper management: if you want to keep good people long term you need to do a better job of sharing the fruits of their labor with them. Why should the seasoned people stay around if we've hit our pay ceiling after just a few years? Would you?

Worked for Creve Coeur Camera? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Creve Coeur Camera reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Creve Coeur Camera CEO Stephen Weiss. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Creve Coeur Camera employees.