Crexendo Reviews

Updated August 5, 2014
3.5

Crexendo Chairman and CEO Steven G. Mihaylo
Steven G. Mihaylo

Worked on cloud ! Felt like being on cloud 9..!

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Crexendo as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The system was very transparent and i loved the work environment. The entire team was very supportive. I had a great time working there.

Cons

The salary was slightly less as compared to what other companies offer in the area but the work environment was very satisfying.

The direction is right. Just keep going !

Desperation from the top creates lies....lies create letdowns...

I worked at Crexendo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are some great people working for the company.

Cons

The CEO is the type that will tell you whatever you want to hear, regardless of how true it may or may not be. There is no transparency in the company from the very top so how can you trust your own manager. Chances are, they were lied to by their managers, and so on. Look at how the company got its start...the CEO bought majority share, forced out the previous management team, gutted the company to start something completely different, without care of what he was doing to the people in the company. The CEO sank a ton of his own money into the company and is struggling to recoup the investment. Since Steve force-ably took over, it's been downhill.

Get rid of the current CEO. A man that praises his workforce one day, and the next day he lays off that workforce (literally...the next day...as if he didn't know what was coming!) is no man at all. He's a coward. How can a board of directors expect a coward to successfully run a company?!?

Great company, regretted leaving but spouse got transferred!

Former Employee - Accounting  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Accounting in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Crexendo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Crexendo for nearly 5 years and loved the company. There were lots of changes, but change created a wealth of opportunity within the company. They have built a fun, interactive culture and I loved that management is very involved in the day to day operations and not afraid to get down in the trenches and the C-level was always accessible and open to ideas and suggestions. I would have hung my hat here for many more years if my husband didn't get transferred.

Cons

There were a lot of strategic company direction decisions made over the last few years as we grew one division while streamlining another. The decisions have paid off well, but created some waves while they were implemented.

Now that the company has a clear focus on products and direction, put the pedal to the metal and make things happen! There is great talent and chemistry on the team, and they will deliver great results!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wishy washy direction & terrible morale.

Former Employee - Management  in  Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Management in Draper, UT

I worked at Crexendo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A paycheck and some autonomy.

Cons

The direction given by upper management changed significantly from day to day and quarter to quarter. No clear actionable items were developed to assist in direction changes causing failures on most every project I was involved in. Perks were diminished or removed, including benefits that met my healthcare needs. Compensation was minimal for the workload that was requested and no opportunity for growth was provided.

Remove Steve Mihaylo from his seat of power and allow Doug Gaylor to direct the company and the stability and success of the company will improve.

It was an excellent experience being a part of such a great company

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Crexendo as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The environment is great. All employees are friendly and supportive. There are a lot of learning opportunities which keep your work interesting every day.

Cons

Working here was extremely easy with no major challenges or problems.

a good place to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Crexendo full-time for more than a year

Pros

interesting products, good people. At times the focus does not always appear clear, but they have a great phone product. After some of the sales force was let go the office seemed down, but things seem better than ever now and people believe that this company will be big.

Cons

Not always sure what is expected of employees. Management needs to be more clear on long term goals for Company, they have started doing a better job of keeping people "in the loop" but it could still get better.

Let people know the vision.

Great products, great people, fun culture!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Crexendo full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great place to work they have great products leading edge technology lots of great people to work with and very fun culture and great environment. I work in sales and have lots of support lots of flexibility and have the opportunity to make a lot of money. Great team atmosphere and lots of support from management

Cons

The company is in a growth mode so a lot of people where many different hats and there's a lot of stress as the company continues its growth. Since it is in a growth mode many people work late hours and put in a lot of extra time because they love what they are doing

Take time to educate all the employees on the roadmap for the future. Get the departments to intermingle a little bit more

Building things isn't easy

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager

I have been working at Crexendo full-time

Pros

Company provides a lot of latitude for employees to self-direct their work to achieve goals. Management team cares about the individual employees and the goals of the company.

Cons

Management has a hard time sharing goals with employees. There have been a lot of layoffs.

Commit to your talent. Commit to innovation. Move the ball forward.

Crexendo operates under tons of different names with bad reputations.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Crexendo full-time for more than a year

Pros

There may be a glimmer of light for you if you work for them in the VOIP Cloud phone systems side, but it is still far from profitable. They just had national layoffs, and are still reeling from bad management practices. Their good engineering might pull them out one day if the management doesn't destroy it first...but the small progress they make in engineering is not enough to overcome terrible management.

Cons

After choosing several industries (individual SEO, commercial SEO, internet bandwidth, CLEC status, and VOIP Cloud Phones, they have trashed every single industry they entered. They have short sighted, disorganized, non-visionary management with no ability to inspire employees or customers.

When a good manager arises through the ranks, upper management fires him/her, viewing that person as a threat, because change IS needed.. The parts of management that do not act this way, have their own hands full with nepotism, which ends up with the same results...no talent can work it's way to the top. The third problem is hiring management that doesn't work in the office, but manages a local customer service and implementation team they once a month or so, which results in HORRIBLE customer service and grossly negligent mistakes....not to mention the terrible customer service resulting from Philippines outsourcing.. It's sad, though, because if these three problems were resolved, I could believe in this company again. It does have potential.

Learned a lot, but glad it's over

Current Employee - Creative Services  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Creative Services in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Crexendo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, occasional company events (i.e. ice cream socials), and decent benefits.

Cons

Horrible turnover rate. In my 1.5 years there, I saw them replace 100 out of the roughly 120 employees. Everyone they hire is there to replace someone else at the next quarterly layoff. Everyone is replaced...except the executives. And yet, they're the constant denominator in the company always needing to "cut budgets."

It doesn't make any sense to pay the executives $150K-$220K+ when your company only makes $5 million a quarter (at absolute best). Hire female executives and more women and minority managers! It looks really terrible to walk into a company and see a bunch of minorities on the phones and only older white men (and a couple Indian engineers) at the top.

Crexendo Photos

Crexendo Headquarters
Fun @ Crexendo

+ Add Photo

Worked for Crexendo? Contribute to the Community!