Crexendo

Crexendo Chairman and CEO Steven G. Mihaylo
Steven G. Mihaylo

Love working here

I have been working at Crexendo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great product! Agile development sprints. Open door policy where all ideas are encouraged; the company cares about what employees think! I even received personalized birthday card from the CEO, with a nice note! There are very nice, hard working people. President rolls up sleeves and works along side us. It's no dictatorship.

Cons

Lack of documented procedures, lack of automated processes, duplication in some processes from disparate systems, CTO can be challenging.

Automate processes, document workflow, formalize a product management team, add more marketing staff.

Aka "Layoff central"

I have been working at Crexendo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A decent amount of vacation time and health benefits.

Cons

It's only a matter of time before Mihaylo dies and everyone loses their jobs. Even if he does live for another ten years, you'll likely be laid off within a year or two.

Throw in the towel and accept that you don't know what you're doing and that your copycat technology will never make it off the ground.

Desperation from the top creates lies....lies create letdowns...

I worked at Crexendo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some great people working for the company.

Cons

The CEO is the type that will tell you whatever you want to hear, regardless of how true it may or may not be. There is no transparency in the company from the very top so how can you trust your own manager. Chances are, they were lied to by their managers, and so on. Look at how the company got its start...the CEO bought majority share, forced out the previous management team, gutted the company to start something completely different, without care of what he was doing to the people in the company. The CEO sank a ton of his own money into the company and is struggling to recoup the investment. Since Steve force-ably took over, it's been downhill.

Get rid of the current CEO. A man that praises his workforce one day, and the next day he lays off that workforce (literally...the next day...as if he didn't know what was coming!) is no man at all. He's a coward. How can a board of directors expect a coward to successfully run a company?!?

Worked on cloud ! Felt like being on cloud 9..!

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Crexendo as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

The system was very transparent and i loved the work environment. The entire team was very supportive. I had a great time working there.

Cons

The salary was slightly less as compared to what other companies offer in the area but the work environment was very satisfying.

The direction is right. Just keep going !

Great company, regretted leaving but spouse got transferred!

Former Employee - Accounting in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Accounting in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Crexendo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Crexendo for nearly 5 years and loved the company. There were lots of changes, but change created a wealth of opportunity within the company. They have built a fun, interactive culture and I loved that management is very involved in the day to day operations and not afraid to get down in the trenches and the C-level was always accessible and open to ideas and suggestions. I would have hung my hat here for many more years if my husband didn't get transferred.

Cons

There were a lot of strategic company direction decisions made over the last few years as we grew one division while streamlining another. The decisions have paid off well, but created some waves while they were implemented.

Now that the company has a clear focus on products and direction, put the pedal to the metal and make things happen! There is great talent and chemistry on the team, and they will deliver great results!

Wishy washy direction & terrible morale.

Former Employee - Management in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Management in Draper, UT

I worked at Crexendo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A paycheck and some autonomy.

Cons

The direction given by upper management changed significantly from day to day and quarter to quarter. No clear actionable items were developed to assist in direction changes causing failures on most every project I was involved in. Perks were diminished or removed, including benefits that met my healthcare needs. Compensation was minimal for the workload that was requested and no opportunity for growth was provided.

Remove Steve Mihaylo from his seat of power and allow Doug Gaylor to direct the company and the stability and success of the company will improve.

It was an excellent experience being a part of such a great company

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Crexendo as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

The environment is great. All employees are friendly and supportive. There are a lot of learning opportunities which keep your work interesting every day.

Cons

Working here was extremely easy with no major challenges or problems.

a good place to work

I have been working at Crexendo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

interesting products, good people. At times the focus does not always appear clear, but they have a great phone product. After some of the sales force was let go the office seemed down, but things seem better than ever now and people believe that this company will be big.

Cons

Not always sure what is expected of employees. Management needs to be more clear on long term goals for Company, they have started doing a better job of keeping people "in the loop" but it could still get better.

Let people know the vision.

Great products, great people, fun culture!

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Crexendo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work they have great products leading edge technology lots of great people to work with and very fun culture and great environment. I work in sales and have lots of support lots of flexibility and have the opportunity to make a lot of money. Great team atmosphere and lots of support from management

Cons

The company is in a growth mode so a lot of people where many different hats and there's a lot of stress as the company continues its growth. Since it is in a growth mode many people work late hours and put in a lot of extra time because they love what they are doing

Take time to educate all the employees on the roadmap for the future. Get the departments to intermingle a little bit more

Building things isn't easy

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager

I have been working at Crexendo full-time

Pros

Company provides a lot of latitude for employees to self-direct their work to achieve goals. Management team cares about the individual employees and the goals of the company.

Cons

Management has a hard time sharing goals with employees. There have been a lot of layoffs.

Commit to your talent. Commit to innovation. Move the ball forward.

Crexendo Photos