Cricket Communications

Cricket Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Cricket Communications Chief Executive Officer Doug Hutcheson

Doug Hutcheson

Pros
  • Good employees Good pay and benefits(in 21 reviews)

• Good pay for entry level position, good hire from within policies(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management treats you like crap unless you are in their little clique(in 28 reviews)

• sometimes the lack of communication from the top down isn't as it should be(in 6 reviews)

Gotta learn how to make sales.

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) South Houston, TX

ProsPay was above average, provided a lot of learning opportunities, constant changes which I liked because it meant a change in sales approach and different deals.

Consbecause there is not a lot of employers at a location it means it is hard to have time off. Just gotta view how much you want to work

Good Idea, not always good execution

Assistant Retail Business Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCompetitive wages, Good Benefits, Better product offering than some people think.

ConsInconsistent local level management, Shortsighted in regards to who was promoted (rewarding friends rather than those best suited for the position).

Great while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are what made this a great place to work, before it was bought by AT&T. Awesome work-life balance and they truly invested in the employees with opportunities for professional training.

ConsOnce the company was bought by AT&T, the new employees were unwelcoming and territorial. Terrible place to be.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

5+ yr IT Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsUp until ATT merger, great work/life balance, excellent culture. Standard communications company with all the fires and work that go along with it.

ConsOnly "option" to retain employment is to transfer to Atlanta. AIO/ATT employees very territorial and rude. They don't care about what we did to get this company to the point it is now; treating current Cricket employee's who've poured their hearts and souls into their work like dirt.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect seems to be lacking. Respect for what we've done to get here, respect as human beings. Pass along to the current AIO/ATT folks that those left with "Legacy Cricket" are equals, not trash to be kicked around. This is 2014, if you want to retain the talent and knowledge don't be afraid to let people telecommute.

Unprofessional

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFree sale phone service, free phone, and family and friends discounts

ConsThe Houston market is very one sided and very messy and unprofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement have no degrees and lack of management skills

Great place to work, but it's over.

Network Security Administrative (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe work environment was great, the politics weren't too bad and the corporate controls might be from California, but was definitely not a silicon valley company. They kept things under control, but for those who contributed, there were some rewards. Free phone service didn't hurt. I'll miss the discount family plan as well, but that's about it. The service is fine and I'll stick with them.

ConsThe rewards for a job well done are just not there any more. You can step up and get things done - and if you're lucky you can join AT&T in Atlanta.

Advice to Senior ManagementNext time (because Cricket is dying thanks to AT&T), take the time to notice when you have talented employees and support them - and they might hang around longer.

EXPERIENCE!

Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI have worked with the very best people at Cricket. I have learned so much from working with a variety of people and a wide variety of legal areas.

ConsSince the merger of Cricket and AT&T unless you want to move there are no opportunities of employeement with the NEW CRICKET.

Excellent employer (until we were acquired by AT&T)!!

ProsGreat benefits, flexible schedule, great compensation with bonuses.

ConsSomewhat disorganized corporate structure. Bought out by AT&T so it will soon be nonexistent.

Better before AT&T

ProsCompetitive pay, focused on execution, minimal bureaucracy, agile and nimble, flat infrastructure, great internal communication, generally empowered to do your job

ConsLeadership has been a revolving door over the years and generally has great technical abilities but low to no true leadership skills or competencies. Now that the acquisition is complete and integration is in full swing, new leaders are not transparent and do not make good on promises.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest.

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for growth. Great pay!

ConsManagement not very organized. Different policy depending on the market.

Worked for Cricket Communications? Contribute to the Community!