Cricket Communications

Cricket Communications Reviews in San Diego, CA

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Cricket Communications Chief Executive Officer Doug Hutcheson

Doug Hutcheson

Pros
  • Good employees Good pay and benefits (in 21 reviews)

• Good pay for entry level position, good hire from within policies (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management treats you like crap unless you are in their little clique (in 28 reviews)

• sometimes the lack of communication from the top down isn't as it should be (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights
37 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

EXPERIENCE!

Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI have worked with the very best people at Cricket. I have learned so much from working with a variety of people and a wide variety of legal areas.

ConsSince the merger of Cricket and AT&T unless you want to move there are no opportunities of employeement with the NEW CRICKET.

Overall a great experience, worked in a team environment with good leadership.

Accountant (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat experience, company benefits were about average compare to other companys. Nice office building and location.

ConsCompany was aquired by a bigger company, at times overloaded with too much work and issues with server problem.

Great team, constantly changing organization

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat Workplace Facilities, some really great talent.

ConsReorg every quarter, very political for cross organization projects

Advice to Senior ManagementReorg is fine so long as there is a sense of stability.

Apr 24, 2014Senior Manager, Communications

Althought a former employee, we deeply appreciate you taking the time to provide a Review. Now that our Deal with AT&T has closed, we anticipate things falling into place a bit with a more stability ... More

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employees, poor leadership

Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe workers within the back office were very dedicated and strongly believed in doing the best job that they could.

ConsLeadership. Leadership. Leadership. Everyday was a game of chase the disaster. Often times recommendations on how to solve the root problems would fall flat at middle management, either because fixing the issue would step on someones toes or complete refusal to see the forest through the trees. The hours were hideous and the OT pay for employees didn't make up for the burnout that it caused.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop spending a dollar to save a penny. Listen to your employees and stop worrying about stepping on someones toes if doing so will stop the root cause of a given problem.

Apr 24, 2014Senior Manager, Communications

Pointed/specific feedback; thank you for taking the time to provide. Your Review will be shared with those in the best position to investigate, advise and/or make any necessary changes to improve ... More

Goodbye to a company that in the end, deserved to die.

Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsPay was OK, Benefits only slightly sub-standard toward the end.

A few years ago it was actually a pretty good place. Advancement was possible through hard work, work was exciting, it had a good culture. Then it went down the tubes.

ConsFirst off, I saw a lot of people burned out, they would hire people, work them to death for a couple years, and when they had enough they would leave of be fired or put in one of the annual lay-offs. Still it was OK, it was fast paced and the people who left took their training and moved to a better place.
    The billing system was antiquated, so the company spent a fortune upgrading it for nothing, after being behind schedule and way way over budget, they still couldn't make cafe type plan upgrades needed for innovation work.
    Then the LTE build came along, a bad idea to begin with and it was completely mismanaged. Plans changed daily, really poor decisions were made about what cities were first launch, and the backhaul was not increased to match the technology, so the LTE customer experience sucked.
    Following that fiasco, people started to get cut,m all the middle managers worth a darn saw the writing on the wall and left, the ones who stayed just silo'd up and protected their buddies. As all the real talent left the people who stayed behind are just treading water waiting for AT&T to cut them a severance check.

My only regret is not leaving in 2012 the first chance I got, I stuck it out a year past the realization the company was a zombie, and cheated myself out of a year with a better company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are Cricket, retire, stay out of business, don't go somewhere else and screw that up too.

If you are AT&T, there is no one worth keeping left, cut the spectrum over as fast as you can and cut the deadwood loose.

Limited view of the big picture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood people with the desire to create good products and provide good customer service.

ConsToo much time spent on reporting and explanations instead of execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline the work process and improve cross departmental communication

Good Company

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood company ethics, flexible hours

ConsHave to live in California

Feb 12, 2014Senior Manager, Communications

Thank you, your Review is much appreciated (particularly as a former three year employee)!

Great place to build up your resume

Business Analyst (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat company to gain experience in business processes and wireless products. Extended benefits, such as bonuses, are good.

ConsHigh turn over rate, management doesn't care about their employees and seems disorganized, complicated product portfolio. It is a telecommunications company that rates poorly on internal communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management needs to improve customer service and invest more in their employees.

Oct 29, 2013Senior Manager, Communications

Appreciate your Review and related feedback, thank you for taking the time to provide. Experiences and information shared will be conveyed/reviewed with those in position to incorporate any ... More

A Great Place to Work

Area Network Operations Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsCricket is a great place to work, learn and grow. The company offers competitive salary and benefits.

ConsThe flat rate wireless space is highly competitive, forcing the company to adjust considerably. Outsourcing is a negative trend and is not the adjustment required.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees and it will pay back dividends.

Sep 18, 2013Senior Manager, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We fully agree that continued/specific investments in our employees will pay high dividends (i.e. improving our overall Employee & Customer ... More

Director

District Director (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat benefits and pay! Some pretty awesome people in the Indirect Channel.

ConsYou are always looking behind you because they fire people every day for no reason. They keep non-productive people like HR and Market managers and get rid of field people.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that the "good ole boy" network doesn't work. That is why you have lots millions of dollars thru the years. Quit screwing over dealers. They are leaving by the droves.

Oct 10, 2013Senior Manager, Communications

Although a former employee, we appreciate the time you've taken and the feedback you've provided. Information conveyed will be shared with those in the best position to take it into account while ... More

Worked for Cricket Communications? Contribute to the Community!