Cricket Communications

www.mycricket.com

Cricket Communications Reviews in San Diego, CA

Cricket Communications Chief Executive Officer Doug Hutcheson
Doug Hutcheson

Pros
  • Good employees Good pay and benefits (in 22 reviews)

• Good pay for entry level position, good hire from within policies (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management treats you like crap unless you are in their little clique (in 28 reviews)

• As to the work conditions, there is no work life balance (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Should have been a contender

Former Employee - Senior Director in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cricket Communications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ability to move quickly on ideas
    Open to suggestions

Cons

Lost in a sea of competition
    Inability to scale from a cash limited and spectrum limited perspective
    Lack of vision

They sold the company which made sense. However the new management/owner at&t is exactly that... new. They have replaced seasoned execs with some management consultants who don't understand the fundamentals of the business. It's a very impractical leadership team that doesn't seem to be making their numbers. Their advertising campaigns are juvenile and appeal to a 4th grader. I'd look for the brand to fold in the next 2 to 3 years and the executives to all get another undeserved chance for further wasting the company's resources.

Human Resources Safety and Security Specialist

Current Employee - Human Resources Safety and Security Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cricket Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have the best team and peers to work with. Our Director is very understanding and always provides clear direction. He helps us learn and gain experience by providing job training paid by the company.

Cons

Since people work from home, it can be challenging at times reaching our peers. However, sending out emails always helps.

Promoting our team would had been nice.

Aug 5, 2014Senior Manager

Thank you for your Review and related feedback. PLEASE NOTE that as of March 2013, we went from operating as Cricket Communications to the new Cricket Wiress (and as such, we now have a ... More

EXPERIENCE!

Current Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cricket Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with the very best people at Cricket. I have learned so much from working with a variety of people and a wide variety of legal areas.

Cons

Since the merger of Cricket and AT&T unless you want to move there are no opportunities of employeement with the NEW CRICKET.

Aug 5, 2014Senior Manager

Overall a great experience, worked in a team environment with good leadership.

Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cricket Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience, company benefits were about average compare to other companys. Nice office building and location.

Cons

Company was aquired by a bigger company, at times overloaded with too much work and issues with server problem.

Aug 5, 2014Senior Manager

Great team, constantly changing organization

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cricket Communications as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great Workplace Facilities, some really great talent.

Cons

Reorg every quarter, very political for cross organization projects

Reorg is fine so long as there is a sense of stability.

Apr 24, 2014Senior Manager, Communications

Althought a former employee, we deeply appreciate you taking the time to provide a Review. Now that our Deal with AT&T has closed, we anticipate things falling into place a bit with a more stability ... More

Great employees, poor leadership

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cricket Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The workers within the back office were very dedicated and strongly believed in doing the best job that they could.

Cons

Leadership. Leadership. Leadership. Everyday was a game of chase the disaster. Often times recommendations on how to solve the root problems would fall flat at middle management, either because fixing the issue would step on someones toes or complete refusal to see the forest through the trees. The hours were hideous and the OT pay for employees didn't make up for the burnout that it caused.

Stop spending a dollar to save a penny. Listen to your employees and stop worrying about stepping on someones toes if doing so will stop the root cause of a given problem.

Apr 24, 2014Senior Manager, Communications

Pointed/specific feedback; thank you for taking the time to provide. Your Review will be shared with those in the best position to investigate, advise and/or make any necessary changes to improve ... More

Limited view of the big picture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cricket Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people with the desire to create good products and provide good customer service.

Cons

Too much time spent on reporting and explanations instead of execution.

Streamline the work process and improve cross departmental communication

Goodbye to a company that in the end, deserved to die.

Former Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cricket Communications full-time

Pros

Pay was OK, Benefits only slightly sub-standard toward the end.

A few years ago it was actually a pretty good place. Advancement was possible through hard work, work was exciting, it had a good culture. Then it went down the tubes.

Cons

First off, I saw a lot of people burned out, they would hire people, work them to death for a couple years, and when they had enough they would leave of be fired or put in one of the annual lay-offs. Still it was OK, it was fast paced and the people who left took their training and moved to a better place.
    The billing system was antiquated, so the company spent a fortune upgrading it for nothing, after being behind schedule and way way over budget, they still couldn't make cafe type plan upgrades needed for innovation work.
    Then the LTE build came along, a bad idea to begin with and it was completely mismanaged. Plans changed daily, really poor decisions were made about what cities were first launch, and the backhaul was not increased to match the technology, so the LTE customer experience sucked.
    Following that fiasco, people started to get cut,m all the middle managers worth a darn saw the writing on the wall and left, the ones who stayed just silo'd up and protected their buddies. As all the real talent left the people who stayed behind are just treading water waiting for AT&T to cut them a severance check.

My only regret is not leaving in 2012 the first chance I got, I stuck it out a year past the realization the company was a zombie, and cheated myself out of a year with a better company.

If you are Cricket, retire, stay out of business, don't go somewhere else and screw that up too.

If you are AT&T, there is no one worth keeping left, cut the spectrum over as fast as you can and cut the deadwood loose.

Great Employee Experience

Current Employee - Department Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Department Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cricket Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Career Oriented - Career Opportunities - Challenging Goals

Cons

None - None - None

Keep up the Great Work

Good Company

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cricket Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company ethics, flexible hours

Cons

Have to live in California

Feb 12, 2014Senior Manager, Communications

Thank you, your Review is much appreciated (particularly as a former three year employee)!

Cricket Communications Photos