Crimson Interactive

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
3.4

CEO

Place to be if you want to quench your entrepreneurial thirst

Current Employee - Support Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Support Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Crimson Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is very enterprising. If you want a feeling of running your own unit, you can pretty much get it here. The management is glad to entrust you with more authority if you show the spark. My entrepreneurial side was recognised by the management and I was given the kind of role to satisfy that urge. I am thankful to Crimson to give me the entrepreneurial high without having to take any risk. It’s a win-win for me. Also getting a chance of working with an entrepreneur like our CEO will only sharpen my thought process and way of working.

Cons

From my eyes, nothing. Because of the opportunity I have got, I can only be thankful.

Pls give me more such opportunities. Thankyou very much

Disorganized

I worked at Crimson Interactive as a contractor

Pros

- By definition, freelance work is flexible

Cons

- No contact person to discuss problems
    - Disorganized and often malfunctioning computer system for assigning work and keeping track of employees/assignments
    - Zero positive feedback, only negative
    - Low pay for highly educated, skilled people
    - Very poor instructions about the requirements for each assignment and then a backlash if we didn't conform to whatever they wanted

Americans Beware

Former Employee - Academic Editor

I worked at Crimson Interactive part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are able to work remotely. This is a great job if you have a home office.

Cons

These people do not pay you for work completed. They harass you constantly to edit papers at odd hours. Furthermore, if there is anything that they do not like about the paper that you edited, then they will not pay you.

Work with fun. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, something the company definitely believes in

Current Employee - Business Associate in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Crimson Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

i am glad to be a part of Crimson, where you are not supposed to just slog like machines. There are enough fun filled engaging activities, which are such a breather to the work schedules. Its a perfect blend of work and fun. Work hard and party harder seems to be the motto of most people here, something that i love and personally believe in.

Cons

I would love to have Saturdays off. It will be just perfect then

Pls start Saturday offs soon. I hope you are listening.

Performance driven culture - something i quite like

I have been working at Crimson Interactive

Pros

If you are looking for a Government kind of a relaxed role, then its definitely not the place for you. If you want to challenge yourself, I think I would advise you to join Crimson. My personal experience has been that the culture is meritocratic, there is no tenure based bureaucratic system that is followed. I have been for 2.5 years here, and in one year when my performance was average, I was shown the real picture and next year when my performance improved, I was adequately appreciated and rewarded. That is when I got a feeling it’s a fair place, with very performance-driven attitude that almost everyone here carries. i feel a very healthy competitive spirit here, where everyone is trying to contribute in his/her own way

Cons

I think its not the place for non-performers. So if you one of them, then this is con for you. Luckily not for me.

I would advise you to have plans to convert non-performers to performers, so that the organization can flourish further.

A company with a very low value for human resources!

Former Employee - Research Editor in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Research Editor in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Crimson Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- good infrastructure
    - employment engagement and fun activities
    - dynamic and dedicated crowd

Cons

- very low compensation[not proportionate to work assigned]
    - no work-life balance
    - low personal growth opportunities[in terms of skills & expertise]

In the pursuit of rapid growth, don't compromise your employees' well-being. Respect their services. Pay according to market standards. Don't develop robots, instead promote mutual growth that would help in the long run.

Amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Research Editor in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Research Editor in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Crimson Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-The company leadership has great vision
    -Fast growing and dynamic
    -Lots of opportunities for people who want to grow
    -Amazing dedicated co-workers
    -I see a great future for this company and everyone associated with it!
    -Lots of fun activities and parties!
    -Very good infrastructure

Cons

-No major cons except the usual fast paced/growing company issues.

Continue to drive things as they are being taken ahead and we will definitely achieve our mission.

Why there is no Zero Star Rate choice ?

Former Employee - Business Associate
    Former Employee - Business Associate

I worked at Crimson Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pros... During annual party, you can have free drinks.
    Low retention rate leads the fact that you can meet lot of people in a very short period

Cons

1. You sort of learn alot by none-sense workload from 13 hrs probably which the shift time should be 9 hours.
    2. No personal growth as management level expect nothing but do assistance to complete the tasks from their upper management level. They only want things to be done not done perfectly.
    3. Trust doesnt exist in this company which doesnt make you feel like work as a team and it is easily to tell from the policy and the way CEO dealt with employees
    4. Measurement of your performance is not based on your work, they also like to gossip other's private life and judged it from the same, one of my colleagues didnt get promotion due to the rumour about his personal life which was told by manager himself
    5. Expats have to inform their traveling plan if they want to go out on their own vacation. Well if you dont mind being controlled like this, then this is a good place for you to be "WELL" taken of.
    6. Hardly team meeting or interaction within team. They dont like to discuss within team, mostly meeting happen in department head and CEO only.

Do consider employees as your company asset.
    HR took lots of performance evaluation and feedback, never seen them working on it.
    In stead of spending time on those Friday, Saturday activity, you should look into the main reason with so low retention rate.

Not recommended for freshers, no place for experienced people, in short avoid it

Former Employee - Associate Research Editor in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Associate Research Editor in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Crimson Interactive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) Good colleagues: Made very good friends for life
    2) Decent recreational activities (off-site, 3rd Friday activities, etc.)
    3) Good to learn

Cons

1) No work-life balance, have to work minimum 11 hours
    2) Absolutely no respect and value for employees
    3) Untrained and unqualified managers, with no people management and soft skills
    4) Pathetic HR
    5) Underpaid, overworked: Pay very low for the amount of work done
    6) Very high attrition rate: Employees leave in hordes, experienced people joining the company leave within a year and management (read CEO) does not seem to care
    7) Extremely few leaves and alternate Saturdays working
    8) Inter-team communication very poor
    9) Slow career growth, with stagnation after sometime
    10) High-stress job, with hardly any social life
    11) Upper management aware of all problems but busy expanding their business, rather than taking care of employees
    12) Office culture too casual for my liking, no professionalism
    13) No cafeteria
    14) Extremely poor incentive system

No advice, as they already know the problems as well as the solutions, but are not interested in taking any actions

Overall, good.

Current Employee - Associate Research Editor in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Research Editor in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Crimson Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good culture. Dedication towards client is unmatched. Excellent training for young editors. Office infrastructure is well upto the mark. Infnite opportunities for anyone who wants to grow in this company.

Cons

But there is hardly any work-life balance. Very unflexible work timings. Stressful life.

Need saturdays off. It'll be a dream place to work in only if saturdays off are given.