Crista Ministries Reviews

Updated March 26, 2014
Updated March 26, 2014

4.1

Bob Lonac

Great work environment to find your mission

Former Employee - Dining Manager  in  Shoreline, WA
    Former Employee - Dining Manager in Shoreline, WA

I worked at Crista Ministries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive staff, leadership development, visionary God-focused, compliance current, safety preparedness, growth opportunities, family friendly and treated with respect

Cons

Large organization with 7 ministries striving to work as one. Challenge is the size naturally disassociates each arm at the employee level. Compensation for entry level and support staff is limited due to not-for profit status and limited resources.

Consistently share vision clearly and frequently until it becomes second nature for all and easier to focus efforts for all rather than everyone striving for different goals and isolated within individual entities.

Strong leadership, a passion for leadership development, and a love for the Lord!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Crista Ministries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Crista cares about their employees! Crista invests mightily in the professional and spiritual development of their staff. Crista encourages independent thinking and project development; they encourage innovation. Crista communicates clear expectations and holds everyone accountable to those clearly defined parameters.

Cons

If you are looking to get paid the highest salary in your given field, Crista will probably not meet that expectation. If you are looking for a highly professional community where you can shine and grow, this is the place!

Continue the focus on leadership development and continue allowing the freedom to innovate.

Purpose driven work.

Current Employee - Administration  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Administration in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Crista Ministries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unique industry offers a lot of creative and innovative challenges. Love the care of community from working with other CRISTA employees. A place where one's faith in Christ daily impacts their vocation.

Cons

Non-profits are always challenged with resources due to budget constraints. The unique conglomeration of industries at CRISTA make some processes more complex than in other environments.

Find creative ways to appreciate employees even under budget constraints.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent, Well-run Organization Walks the Talk

Former Employee - Advertising Sales  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Crista Ministries full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at KCMS/KCIS in advertising sales for a short time before staying home to raise my kids. I found the work environment family-friendly, honest, and yet business-like in expectations of performance. Management, on-air talent, and behind the scenes staff in sales and operations all worked together congenially like the family we all wish we had. The pay was to industry standards and I was able to increase professional certification on their dime. All in all, this was one of my favorite sales jobs.

Cons

The older building we worked in made for tight quarters and was drafty in winter months, but equipment was up to date.

Shorter sales meetings would have been nice.

Great Service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at Crista Ministries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Feeling that you contribute to a greater cause. Many opportunites to grow your skill set.

Cons

Not much growth in your income. Staffing can be very tight to meet budget constraints

Many opportunities to advance, develop skills, move around within the 7 ministries.

I worked at Crista Ministries for more than 8 years

Pros

For the most part, supervisors were mentors and advocates for the employees. The company has a worldview of caring and meeting physical as well as spiritual needs.

Cons

There is a continuous need to stay current with technology and industry standards while not losing sight of the vision of the founders.

A work environment with a great legacy

Former Employee - Mid Level Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Mid Level Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Crista Ministries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

History and legacy that are very powerful. Not strapped for cash. Growing in most areas of their business. Pay their top employees pretty well. Good benefits.

Cons

A little too rules driven and somewhat controlling from time to time, all in order to maintain a cohesive campus. President's office has a bit too much power over the individual departments, but this is only exercised on rare occasions.

Engage a bit more with individual employees. Grant more freedom when possible. Make sure corporate services/president's office is actually coordinating new programs with the individual departments it will affect.

CRISTA is a family of ministries loving God by serving people.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Shoreline, WA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Shoreline, WA

I worked at Crista Ministries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved the people and atmosphere. A great community. A great place to learn and grow. Great benefits programs.

Cons

Small organization which does not allow for a lot of advancement within the organization.

Good but not great.

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at Crista Ministries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Purpose fulfilling
    Unified work environment
    Various types of jobs throughout the company
    Learn various skills within your scope

Cons

Non-profit pay
    Growth potential is limited
    When you know a lot of jobs you become the abused swiss army knife

Great Christian working environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Crista Ministries

Pros

It is great working in a Christian environment and at the end of the day, knowing that everyone is there with the same mission in mind, is very comforting.

Cons

Sometimes a little slow moving to get things done, but always gets done correctly in the end.

Worked for Crista Ministries? Contribute to the Community!