Criteo Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated September 13, 2014
4.0

Criteo Co-Founder & CEO JB Rudelle
JB Rudelle

Pros
  • Great product makes everything else easier (in 5 reviews)

• Annual trip to Paris for the Summit :) (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Being a global company out of Paris can be challenging (in 3 reviews)

• In a growing company such as Criteo, the voluntary turnover in London is slightly too high (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fast growing company with great people and great career opportunities

Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Criteo is a fast growing company, with an incredible product supporting this growth. It's hard to imagine from the outside how great people are in this company, but it definitely makes a difference in our day to day job and the faith we have in our future. The growth creates career opportunities, and I've seen many people moving to another position, another office or being promoted. This is even more the case for the super-fast growing Mid-Market team.

Our IPO definitely helped sustain our growth and open new markets. This results in a highly international environment with people working or coming from many countries, especially in Mid-Market teams again. Diversity like this is hard to find, making Criteo a very healthy place to work.

Cons

The time seems to be going faster at Criteo, and creates impatience sometimes. The challenge is to keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Business-wise Criteo is facing a challenge to stay innovative but steady at the same time.

Sep 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback! Making Criteo a great place to work is important to us, and especially with the tremendous growth we're seeing in Boston, it's truly a team ... More

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity for growth. Great culture, great product. Easy sell as they are the global leaders in digital retargetting

Cons

Still proving themselves as they just went public. Still in growing phase and figuring out organizational structure. Getting there

Jul 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your great feedback! If there's any specific changes you'd like to see, absolutely encourage you to reach out to your local leadership or HR where they can help. Thank you as ... More

If you're not considering Criteo as your next smart, savvy company to work for, then you're missing the boat!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Digital performance display advertising is hot, and Criteo is blazing a trail with their product offerings globally...with more genius coming! The culture here, and especially in Boston, is incredible. It's a very smart, open, fun, creative, and collaborative environment, where you can be yourself. The people are amazing and we have easy access to our colleagues all over the world. Oh, and there's a gorgeous new office for Boston coming soon. Something to be really proud of!

Cons

Being a global company out of Paris can be challenging. Our cultures are very different, and so are our communication styles. Sometimes getting information can either be delayed or not communicated properly, so you must have patience. If you do, and are savvy and spend time getting to know your peers throughout Paris and abroad, then you'll be able to navigate this just fine over time. It has its learning curve, as most new places do.

Keep focusing on building the Criteo brand around smart technology, and in becoming an employer of choice worldwide!

Jul 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you so much for your great feedback! Appreciate it!

Good work experience

Current Employee - Technical Solutions Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Solutions Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time

Pros

-- The technical solutions role is a challenging but engaging position within Criteo.
    -- You'll get to work with every team (at some point) within the organization. So if you enjoy feeling like you're in the center of everything where things are always changing, you'll like this.
    -- I love the people I work with in Boston. They're nice and fun.. The Boston office is expanding rapidly but we're working hard to keep the "small community/family" feel in the office.
    -- Opportunities for fun. Ex: There's a ping pong table; We have occasional outings that's catered by Criteo (breakfasts, lunches, after-work happy hours).
    -- You have ownership over your own work. This was a big draw for me.. Yes the job still needs to get done but I get to decide what I'm working on, prioritize my workload and organize it in a way that suits me.
    -- You'll learn business, retail, data analysis, debugging JS code, how to talk to clients, how to talk to internal teams, etc. If you have time, you can work on your own coding projects.
    -- Free snacks

Cons

-- Rapid growth means that there are some communication challenges within the organization. It can be difficult at times to communicate local needs/issues to our Paris office and having them understand the urgency at times.
    -- I don't think this is a con but you need to be sharp, adaptive and be on your game. Definitely not for everyone but for the right person you will thrive. You can generally expect that anyone who's been here for more than 2 years is competent and motivated or they wouldn't have survived.
    -- On that note, plan to fight for yourself hard here.
    -- Top down management

Upper management could be less IPO-focused and more focused on making sure that the right people stay within the company.

Great company with a great future

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- The culture
    - Exciting growth
    - comp/benefits

Cons

- They're still learning the ways of a public company
    - Lack of communication between some departments

Keep it up

Great team, great opportunity, great culture

Current Employee - Publisher Development Manager, Mid Markets in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Publisher Development Manager, Mid Markets in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In terms of the Boston office, Criteo is a great company to work for. I've never been part of a team that is as strong and supportive as the Mid Market team at Criteo, specifically the Publisher Marketplace team. Direct management is hands on, supportive and inspiring, never afraid of getting their hands dirty. They do not micro-manage, but are very supportive. Top management, though somewhat distant, is very positive and always quick to offer congratulations when teams perform well. I'm excited to be a part of Criteo as the company progresses.

Cons

Definitely some politics between divisions, but that is to be expected in any large company.