Criteo

Criteo Co-Founder & CEO JB Rudelle

JB Rudelle

Great place to work!

New York, NY

Pros- Empowering, the company is growing very quickly and there's constant opportunity to stand up and take on more
    - Has a non-political culture
    - Great happy hours and frequent social events!
    - Annual trip to Paris for the Summit :)
    - Great product makes everything else easier
    - It's evident how much the company is investing in growth and the future

ConsBecause the company is still growing, a lot of the processes are still being figured out. This is sometimes great (gives you a chance to shape things), but can also be frustrating. Theres a fair amount of trial and error in the implementation approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementDe centralize and allow more control and flexibility within the regions outside of the Paris headquarters.

Work hard, Play hard

New York, NY

ProsCriteo is definitely nothing like any other company I have worked for. I came from a super corporate environment, so it took a little while to get used to some of the perks...
    ~Amazing, helpful, laid back personalities of fellow employees and management
    ~Frequent happy hours and social events
    ~Casual yet professional dress code
    ~Yearly trip to Paris for a company summit
    Criteo is an amazing company to work for, some tweaks need to be worked out, but I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work every day. Everyone here works hard and it shows. Having that kind of environment pushes everyone else to go above and beyond.

ConsThe technology is not up-to-par. I don’t have the authority to do a lot of the things I should without going around the red tape.

Since this is a French based company, working with the time difference is difficult, it’s hard to get things done.
    I feel like the offices outside of Paris are just following along in their footsteps without any control. Its not fair when we have issues at hand and need an immediate response. All the decisions come from people who work in a completely different time zone and its impossible to get answers and get your job done.

We don’t have a dedicated IT person who knows everything with our systems and programs in the office daily to help us with all the different issues/questions we have. Usually, we wait for Paris for answers, and waiting for Paris is definitely NOT a pleasant experience; especially when they really don’t understand the issue at hand.

We are a tech company correct?? Well, we definitely need more knowledgeable technical people helping employees out with daily issues in every office.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees around you may have some really helpful suggestions from previous experiences; especially since this is a start-up company. Take the time to talk to your employees, hear what they have to say and make their experience working at Criteo that much better.

Take note and acknowledge those employees, who are not managers, going above and beyond their job. Maybe they deserve a promotion? You'd be surprised who knows a lot more than some of the upper management.

Have a few more days off for summer Fridays. In my past experiences, we were able to take off 6 Fridays, at another company, we were able to leave the office by 1pm on Fridays throughout the summer.

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsGreat benefits and opportunity for growth. Great culture, great product. Easy sell as they are the global leaders in digital retargetting

ConsStill proving themselves as they just went public. Still in growing phase and figuring out organizational structure. Getting there

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's starting to go downhill

Employee (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe product itself is very good

ConsThe culture is on the decline

Advice to Senior ManagementUS tier 1 needs to stop hiring middle management. Their output is minimal. Use the equivalence of their salary and expenses to hire 2-3 employees that handles the day to day work. AB test it and let us know how that works out.

Great company to work for!

ProsCriteo is a great company to work for and is growing very quickly - now is the time to join! I would say the culture in Boston is better than any at Criteo - the people are awesome. The product is an easy sell because it works. Benefits are covered 100%. Generous amount of vacation days, to include summer days.

ConsOpportunities to grow within the company are definitely increasing, but we aren't quite there yet. The timeline and expectations are still not very clear, but it is being worked on.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to create growth opportunities for current employees and promote from within.

If you're not considering Criteo as your next smart, savvy company to work for, then you're missing the boat!

Boston, MA

ProsDigital performance display advertising is hot, and Criteo is blazing a trail with their product offerings globally...with more genius coming! The culture here, and especially in Boston, is incredible. It's a very smart, open, fun, creative, and collaborative environment, where you can be yourself. The people are amazing and we have easy access to our colleagues all over the world. Oh, and there's a gorgeous new office for Boston coming soon. Something to be really proud of!

ConsBeing a global company out of Paris can be challenging. Our cultures are very different, and so are our communication styles. Sometimes getting information can either be delayed or not communicated properly, so you must have patience. If you do, and are savvy and spend time getting to know your peers throughout Paris and abroad, then you'll be able to navigate this just fine over time. It has its learning curve, as most new places do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on building the Criteo brand around smart technology, and in becoming an employer of choice worldwide!

Great place to work

Technical Solutions Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsFun, fast-paced environment filled with a lot of young people. International company with opportunities to travel abroad. New challenges everyday that keep the job interesting. Always learning something new.

ConsNot enough vacation time compared to the other offices worldwide.

Good work experience

Technical Solutions Engineer (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

Pros-- The technical solutions role is a challenging but engaging position within Criteo.
    -- You'll get to work with every team (at some point) within the organization. So if you enjoy feeling like you're in the center of everything where things are always changing, you'll like this.
    -- I love the people I work with in Boston. They're nice and fun.. The Boston office is expanding rapidly but we're working hard to keep the "small community/family" feel in the office.
    -- Opportunities for fun. Ex: There's a ping pong table; We have occasional outings that's catered by Criteo (breakfasts, lunches, after-work happy hours).
    -- You have ownership over your own work. This was a big draw for me.. Yes the job still needs to get done but I get to decide what I'm working on, prioritize my workload and organize it in a way that suits me.
    -- You'll learn business, retail, data analysis, debugging JS code, how to talk to clients, how to talk to internal teams, etc. If you have time, you can work on your own coding projects.
    -- Free snacks

Cons-- Rapid growth means that there are some communication challenges within the organization. It can be difficult at times to communicate local needs/issues to our Paris office and having them understand the urgency at times.
    -- I don't think this is a con but you need to be sharp, adaptive and be on your game. Definitely not for everyone but for the right person you will thrive. You can generally expect that anyone who's been here for more than 2 years is competent and motivated or they wouldn't have survived.
    -- On that note, plan to fight for yourself hard here.
    -- Top down management

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management could be less IPO-focused and more focused on making sure that the right people stay within the company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sales

ProsGreat product that works - easy to sell.

ConsCommissions capped on a Quarterly basis.

Everyone there is really good at what they do but the company as a whole is still going through growing pains.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsStartup office environment and you are never penny pinched for snacks, happy hours, and reimbursements.

ConsOpen floor layout isn't for everyone and office has a lot of turnover in employees.

Worked for Criteo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Criteo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Criteo CEO JB Rudelle. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Criteo employees.