Criteo Reviews

Great place to work for

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a great team of people here. There is a good time off policy, fun office, and great perks. The team is very supportive and open-minded and a determined individual can really make a difference here. Go-getters really prosper here but you also need to be able to work as part of the team.

Cons

The only downside is that the central office is in Paris so it can be a little difficult getting certain things done when you have to involve them. Getting answers or fixing bugs can be frustrating at times.

Get more foreigners in the central office so things can get done in a more timely manner.

Aug 26, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your feedback! Glad you're having such a positive experience overall at Criteo :). Totally appreciate the feedback on the cons, and we're working to grow the region in the US as ... More

A very fast-paced, challenging, satisfying, and rewarding environment to work in.

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Our product - simply put, it works and is well known within our industry & competitors.

- Company went public in October 2013; corporate company, but with a start-up like environment/atmosphere.

- The ability to have direct impact from day 1, company is still growing - opportunity to work hands-on on new projects and add value from get-go.

- Wide open office layout; easy access to executives & managers within the office.

- Similar industry standard perks & benefits: 100% of premiums of healthcare are covered, 401(k) matching (US only), phone & travel reimbursement, monthly office parties/happy hour, arcade/recreational room with Ping Pong, beer/keg, etc..

- Excellent work-life balance; depending on your department/job responsibilities/manager you may have the option to work from home some days throughout the week.

- Great career opportunities within the company: employees who have been with the company for 1 year are eligible to apply to any Criteo position regardless of location (as long as their experience matches the qualifications/requirements of the position).

- Internal company career map is very transparent and allows you to see what opportunities are down the road within each department, along with the requirements and qualifications needed for a promotion/job change.

Cons

- Company headquarters (Central organization) is based in Paris, France which sometimes results in delays when requesting approvals/support/tasks.

- Growing pains: as the company continues to grow new policies/procedures/processes are being implemented & existing ones are being fine-tuned.

- Allow more control and flexibility within the regions outside of the Paris headquarters.

Aug 26, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your feedback! Glad to see your overall positive experience at Criteo, we work hard to try and make this the place where employees can grow their careers and have fun along the ... More

Visibility, Mobility, Stability

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed dress code, friendly people, open communication from all levels, great work ethic within all departments

Cons

There are no drawbacks that come to mind.

Please continue being transparent, on a regular basis, with happenings within the company. It makes people at all levels feel involved, informed and valuable.

Aug 15, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Criteo US has developed a conscious strategy around communications and transparency, and its great that this seems to be having an impact!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best in class product, developing culture, solid career pathing

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

-fun, smart, engaging culture
    -defined, transparent career paths
    -perks (travel to Paris, cool offices, events)
    -competitive comp, decent benefits
    -adequately resourced, good work/life balance
    -mgmt not afraid to listen to suggestions and make changes (lots of positive changes in the past year)
    -very, very solid product

Cons

-tasks/approvals/support can take longer if it has to go through HQ in Paris
    -communication could be better across all offices

keep up the good work and don't be afraid to make changes to enable the business to scale!

Aug 5, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for the great feedback! We're trying hard to listen and adapt, and be a place not just to grow your career, but to have some fun along the way as well. So glad you're seeing some of ... More

Meh

I worked at Criteo

Pros

Great benefits. Awesome office manager in Palo Alto.

Cons

Poor management; everything is run out of Paris so there is a lot of miscommunication. Terrible internal support. They have a rule that says you cannot switch roles until you have worked there for a year

Aug 26, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your honest feedback. It's important to us so we know where we can focus our efforts.

Firstly, glad you like the benefits and are giving our Office Manager a shout out
    ... More

Work hard, Play hard

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Criteo is definitely nothing like any other company I have worked for. I came from a super corporate environment, so it took a little while to get used to some of the perks...
    ~Amazing, helpful, laid back personalities of fellow employees and management
    ~Frequent happy hours and social events
    ~Casual yet professional dress code
    ~Yearly trip to Paris for a company summit
    Criteo is an amazing company to work for, some tweaks need to be worked out, but I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work every day. Everyone here works hard and it shows. Having that kind of environment pushes everyone else to go above and beyond.

Cons

The technology is not up-to-par. I don’t have the authority to do a lot of the things I should without going around the red tape.

Since this is a French based company, working with the time difference is difficult, it’s hard to get things done.
    I feel like the offices outside of Paris are just following along in their footsteps without any control. Its not fair when we have issues at hand and need an immediate response. All the decisions come from people who work in a completely different time zone and its impossible to get answers and get your job done.

We don’t have a dedicated IT person who knows everything with our systems and programs in the office daily to help us with all the different issues/questions we have. Usually, we wait for Paris for answers, and waiting for Paris is definitely NOT a pleasant experience; especially when they really don’t understand the issue at hand.

We are a tech company correct?? Well, we definitely need more knowledgeable technical people helping employees out with daily issues in every office.

Employees around you may have some really helpful suggestions from previous experiences; especially since this is a start-up company. Take the time to talk to your employees, hear what they have to say and make their experience working at Criteo that much better.

Take note and acknowledge those employees, who are not managers, going above and beyond their job. Maybe they deserve a promotion? You'd be surprised who knows a lot more than some of the upper management.

Have a few more days off for summer Fridays. In my past experiences, we were able to take off 6 Fridays, at another company, we were able to leave the office by 1pm on Fridays throughout the summer.

Jul 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your feedback! Appreciate you putting this review on Glassdoor, and absolutely acknowledge that as a company there's always more room to grow e.g. with creating smoother processes ... More

It's starting to go downhill

Current Employee - Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product itself is very good

Cons

The culture is on the decline

US tier 1 needs to stop hiring middle management. Their output is minimal. Use the equivalence of their salary and expenses to hire 2-3 employees that handles the day to day work. AB test it and let us know how that works out.

Jul 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience. Appreciate your honest feedback, and we'll make sure that this is passed on and taken into account. Thanks for putting this through.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Empowering, the company is growing very quickly and there's constant opportunity to stand up and take on more
    - Has a non-political culture
    - Great happy hours and frequent social events!
    - Annual trip to Paris for the Summit :)
    - Great product makes everything else easier
    - It's evident how much the company is investing in growth and the future

Cons

Because the company is still growing, a lot of the processes are still being figured out. This is sometimes great (gives you a chance to shape things), but can also be frustrating. Theres a fair amount of trial and error in the implementation approach.

De centralize and allow more control and flexibility within the regions outside of the Paris headquarters.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity for growth. Great culture, great product. Easy sell as they are the global leaders in digital retargetting

Cons

Still proving themselves as they just went public. Still in growing phase and figuring out organizational structure. Getting there

Jul 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your great feedback! If there's any specific changes you'd like to see, absolutely encourage you to reach out to your local leadership or HR where they can help. Thank you as ... More

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Criteo full-time

Pros

Criteo is a great company to work for and is growing very quickly - now is the time to join! I would say the culture in Boston is better than any at Criteo - the people are awesome. The product is an easy sell because it works. Benefits are covered 100%. Generous amount of vacation days, to include summer days.

Cons

Opportunities to grow within the company are definitely increasing, but we aren't quite there yet. The timeline and expectations are still not very clear, but it is being worked on.

Continue to create growth opportunities for current employees and promote from within.

Jul 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thanks for your great feedback! Absolutely agree on the additional growth opportunities, and that's a significant part of our growth strategy as we continue to scale. Thanks for putting this in!

Worked for Criteo? Contribute to the Community!