Criteo Reviews

Updated September 24, 2014
4.0

Criteo Co-Founder & CEO JB Rudelle
JB Rudelle

Pros
  • Great product makes everything else easier (in 5 reviews)

• Hires smart people, then lets them do their best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Being a global company out of Paris can be challenging (in 3 reviews)

• In a growing company such as Criteo, the voluntary turnover in London is slightly too high (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing

I have been working at Criteo

Pros

All offices are really cool, people are inspiring, benefits and policies really good to take care of people, the enviroment let the head work in a good mood, also the product it´s something incredible how it works and good to have this way.

Cons

The normal challenge it´s the company size it´s increasing a lot due to the amazing ramp up of the company, and with that some information are not easy anymore to have aligned.

Best tech opportunities in Europe

I have been working at Criteo full-time

Pros

Criteo is global tech company with a European HQ. That means that the product, R&D, and management decisions are taken in Europe. This means there are much more interesting roles here than in the satellite (sales) offices of the US tech giants in Europe.
    The quality of employees is very high, especially in the Paris HQ, and motivation is very good.

Cons

Lots of travel and videoconferencing needed as the business is spread out throughout the world.

Company cares about employees as individuals

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture, professional and personal growth, compensation, annual trip to paris, free snacks!!
    Every person in the office has been carefully selected resulting in an amazing group of people that make coming into work every day less of a chore.

Cons

Global company so understandably there are communication issues with the central office in Paris. Its the biggest issue I have faced but there is always an open door policy with the central team to discuss issues and collaborate on a resolution.

Keep on keeping on

Sep 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for taking the time to submit feedback, appreciate it! We all try hard to make Criteo a great place to work, so your feedback is particularly important and nice to hear!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast growing company with great people and great career opportunities

Current Employee - Business Intelligence  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Boston, MA

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Criteo is a fast growing company, with an incredible product supporting this growth. It's hard to imagine from the outside how great people are in this company, but it definitely makes a difference in our day to day job and the faith we have in our future. The growth creates career opportunities, and I've seen many people moving to another position, another office or being promoted. This is even more the case for the super-fast growing Mid-Market team.

Our IPO definitely helped sustain our growth and open new markets. This results in a highly international environment with people working or coming from many countries, especially in Mid-Market teams again. Diversity like this is hard to find, making Criteo a very healthy place to work.

Cons

The time seems to be going faster at Criteo, and creates impatience sometimes. The challenge is to keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Business-wise Criteo is facing a challenge to stay innovative but steady at the same time.

Sep 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback! Making Criteo a great place to work is important to us, and especially with the tremendous growth we're seeing in Boston, it's truly a team ... More

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Account Services  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Criteo is a very fast-paced environment creating cutting edge technology everyday. We get to work on the newest tech with many of the World's largest brands and companies. As a global team we all meet in Paris once a year to come together in thought and celebration of success - simply amazing!

Cons

There has been an explosion in tech so it can be hard to find new qualified team members at the pace of our growth.

Keep doing the good work - the US market is growing fast!

Sep 30, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thanks for your great feedback! As a company we try hard to make Criteo a special place to work, and it's great to hear feedback like this from our employees. Appreciate you taking the time to ... More

A very fast-paced, challenging, satisfying, and rewarding environment to work in.

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Our product - simply put, it works and is well known within our industry & competitors.

- Company went public in October 2013; corporate company, but with a start-up like environment/atmosphere.

- The ability to have direct impact from day 1, company is still growing - opportunity to work hands-on on new projects and add value from get-go.

- Wide open office layout; easy access to executives & managers within the office.

- Similar industry standard perks & benefits: 100% of premiums of healthcare are covered, 401(k) matching (US only), phone & travel reimbursement, monthly office parties/happy hour, arcade/recreational room with Ping Pong, beer/keg, etc..

- Excellent work-life balance; depending on your department/job responsibilities/manager you may have the option to work from home some days throughout the week.

- Great career opportunities within the company: employees who have been with the company for 1 year are eligible to apply to any Criteo position regardless of location (as long as their experience matches the qualifications/requirements of the position).

- Internal company career map is very transparent and allows you to see what opportunities are down the road within each department, along with the requirements and qualifications needed for a promotion/job change.

Cons

- Company headquarters (Central organization) is based in Paris, France which sometimes results in delays when requesting approvals/support/tasks.

- Growing pains: as the company continues to grow new policies/procedures/processes are being implemented & existing ones are being fine-tuned.

- Allow more control and flexibility within the regions outside of the Paris headquarters.

Aug 26, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your feedback! Glad to see your overall positive experience at Criteo, we work hard to try and make this the place where employees can grow their careers and have fun along the ... More

Great place to work for

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a great team of people here. There is a good time off policy, fun office, and great perks. The team is very supportive and open-minded and a determined individual can really make a difference here. Go-getters really prosper here but you also need to be able to work as part of the team.

Cons

The only downside is that the central office is in Paris so it can be a little difficult getting certain things done when you have to involve them. Getting answers or fixing bugs can be frustrating at times.

Get more foreigners in the central office so things can get done in a more timely manner.

Aug 26, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your feedback! Glad you're having such a positive experience overall at Criteo :). Totally appreciate the feedback on the cons, and we're working to grow the region in the US as ... More

Visibility, Mobility, Stability

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed dress code, friendly people, open communication from all levels, great work ethic within all departments

Cons

There are no drawbacks that come to mind.

Please continue being transparent, on a regular basis, with happenings within the company. It makes people at all levels feel involved, informed and valuable.

Aug 15, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Criteo US has developed a conscious strategy around communications and transparency, and its great that this seems to be having an impact!

Best in class product, developing culture, solid career pathing

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

-fun, smart, engaging culture
    -defined, transparent career paths
    -perks (travel to Paris, cool offices, events)
    -competitive comp, decent benefits
    -adequately resourced, good work/life balance
    -mgmt not afraid to listen to suggestions and make changes (lots of positive changes in the past year)
    -very, very solid product

Cons

-tasks/approvals/support can take longer if it has to go through HQ in Paris
    -communication could be better across all offices

keep up the good work and don't be afraid to make changes to enable the business to scale!

Aug 5, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for the great feedback! We're trying hard to listen and adapt, and be a place not just to grow your career, but to have some fun along the way as well. So glad you're seeing some of ... More

Great place to work!

I have been working at Criteo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Empowering, the company is growing very quickly and there's constant opportunity to stand up and take on more
    - Has a non-political culture
    - Great happy hours and frequent social events!
    - Annual trip to Paris for the Summit :)
    - Great product makes everything else easier
    - It's evident how much the company is investing in growth and the future

Cons

Because the company is still growing, a lot of the processes are still being figured out. This is sometimes great (gives you a chance to shape things), but can also be frustrating. Theres a fair amount of trial and error in the implementation approach.

De centralize and allow more control and flexibility within the regions outside of the Paris headquarters.

Worked for Criteo? Contribute to the Community!