Criteo Reviews

Reset
3.5
Criteo Co-Founder & CEO JB Rudelle
JB Rudelle

Pros
  • Great product makes everything else easier (in 5 reviews)

• Smart people, fun colleagues, healthy work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Really just speaks to the challenges of working in a global company which is also a huge pro (in 3 reviews)

• Don't dare attempt to prove the senior management wrong (in 3 reviews)

Business Development Manager

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good work atmosphere - Opportunities in different countries - Growing business - Good business model and products

Cons

- Low comp & benefits - Middle management not great, don't bring a lot of added values to their team

Too bad the great start up died to become a huge factory that only runs for profits...

Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice location, usually nice persons working there. And probably the best technology so far, so you happen to learn a lot.

Cons

Management is crap. Salaries are crap. Promotions not really based on competences. Some rules are established to stop anyone to pretend to a better salary or position for at least 6months/a year, but there are many examples of persons promoted twice the first year.

Advice to Management

Dare promoting employees that are not thinking the exact same way than you. Pay your employees better and stop bullshitting them.

I am completely in love.

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Criteo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't know where to start. I have only been working here for a couple of months, and I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but this is the best company I have ever worked for. I have worked in startupland for the last 5 years, and it is so wonderful to work for a company that really works. The people are smart and passionate. The core technology is great. The product works for our customers. Compensation is great. Management seems to be making the right decisions at the top, and my immediate management team is awesome. Employees all seem to be on board with the company, loyal and happy. You can really feel that this is a healthy company that is WORKING. We all know that we are on a winning ticket, and it feels so good to be a part of something big that is happening in the industry.

Cons

If you are entrepreneurial, this isn't the place where you will get to run anything (but management is really reasonable - they give you the tools to do your job and let you get on with it). Some of the senior management are a bit hands off for my liking, not bothering to speak to the underlings. Ok, one guy is like that.

Advice to Management

I think you're not perfect, but you are nailing it. You are doing the best possible job that any mere mortal can be expected to do. I think retaining smart people is going to be the next challenge after hiring them - make sure to provide opportunities for learning and growth within the company.

Criteo Response

Mar 9, 2015 – HR Director, Americas

Thank you so much for your feedback! Really appreciate it, and especially to hear such glowing feedback! Giving our employees a positive experience where we can help you all do what you do best - ie ... More

Best tech opportunities in Europe

I have been working at Criteo full-time

Pros

Criteo is global tech company with a European HQ. That means that the product, R&D, and management decisions are taken in Europe. This means there are much more interesting roles here than in the satellite (sales) offices of the US tech giants in Europe. The quality of employees is very high, especially in the Paris HQ, and motivation is very good.

Cons

Lots of travel and videoconferencing needed as the business is spread out throughout the world.

Good company to work in but...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Criteo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good and friendly working environment. Fast paced environment with constant innovation on technology. Staff know there job and are passionate about it.

Cons

Lost in the growth between start up and publicly listed company. HR management not at the expected level for this kind of company.

7. Dynamic and always evolving company

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Criteo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great tech company. Company changed significantly over the period I worked there from needing to educate the market / chase budgets. Almost to the point where they would inbound. Kudos to tech team for asking such a disruptive product that worked.

Cons

Bigger the organisation the bigger the political plays start to come in. Salary was not particularly competitive but that's because so many people wanted to work there.

Worst management ever

Former Employee - Business Development in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Development in London, England (UK)

I worked at Criteo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people in mid/junior level. Lovely benefits.

Cons

Far too many 'heads'-no room whatsoever for creativity or new ideas. There's a lot of two faced activity and job descriptions are vague. Has a culture of they'd rather pay someone to do it than do it themselves. Spend too much money on nothing. Don't dare attempt to prove the senior management wrong.

Advice to Management

Be open to new ideas and give staff a chance to prove you wrong.

great

Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

salaries are below market price

Great people, culture needs some fixing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, fun colleagues, healthy work environment. Working hours are reasonable, even during crunch time. New MD (as of 5/2013) may have a positive impact.

Cons

In a growing company such as Criteo, the voluntary turnover in London is slightly too high. A few colleagues left because salaries stagnated (compared to the market and despite the company booming), others because of a few bad managers. Uneven management -- politics plays too big a role, unfortunately.

Advice to Management

The office is truly very interconnected... best to boost all departments and raise all boats

11. Great product at the moment (in a fast moving market), Criteo needs to keep innovating to stay atractive

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Criteo full-time

Pros

Teams are great: young and international, everyone comes from a different background, and a lot have a passion for tech. Sushi pizza Fridays, pool table, video games etc. What you should expect from a tech company. Criteo also keeps up with new tech (not always at it seems though), for example adapting its CPC model to a CPA model in order to suit advertiser's needs.

Cons

As the company is expending very fast, some decision can be slower to take, and everything new tech seems to be taking quite a while to be implemented. For example mobile is an area that a lot feel is exploding, yet Criteo seemed not to be dedicating lots of efforts in it a few months ago (things might have changed). Another point is that during my period there, a lot of management was hired directly from Yahoo, to leave afterwards, which certainly sent the wrong message to employees.

Advice to Management

Make sure all your teams are happy and proud to work in Criteo, and make sure communication flows freely within the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed