Critical Intervention Services

Critical Intervention Services Reviews

Updated May 2, 2014

K.C. Poulin

More than just a job

SSG Officer (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsYou can really work towards a career here, it's not just a job. You start at the bottom, but then you can work your way up through the ranks and get into higher paying positions. It is really a professional place, unlike a lot of other security companies I've come across. It hasn't really taken me all that long to advance and I really like what I do. If I don't end up in law enforcement, ventually I'm planning to become a K9 officer here at CIS, then maybe get into executive protection or even become an instructor down the road. Those types of positions just are not possible anywhere else you go in this industry.

ConsI hardly ever get weekends off. Sometimes there's to much overtime. You can get burnt out. The SOP test was tough for me to pass. Other than that, it's been a really good experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore feedback on how we're doing, what we can do to improve and increase our chances at promotions and getting into the more specialized areas.

Practitioner focused employer who is focused on establishing change within the industry, starting with the employees.

Public Safety (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsCritical Intervention Services creates a team driven culture built upon the strong methodology that was established within the agency. You are able to establish a career track that can take you anywhere from a line protection officer, and promote into Command Staff. In addition to protection service opportunities, you are also provided with an opportunity to advance in CCTV systems, Operations, Investigations, becoming an instructor, IT, Human Resources or any other position under the KKP Security Group umbrella. The opportunities are endless if you work hard...

ConsMedical benefits are always an issue no matter which agency you are working for in the industry. Also, there are a lot of positions that require you to work nights and weekends but then again, that is the industry....

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue establishing strong leadership courses and listening to the officer in the field. Because CIS is not a traditional security agency, please continue to inspire us as employees, to continually strive in areas that make us unique. The CCBPI methodology that we use in our daily performance is life changing not only to those around us, but to us as employees. Thank you for the canvas to paint our place in this industry!

Professional paramilitary

SSG Officer (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsGood compensation and benefits compared to other private agencies, good equipment, plenty of hours, good training, A lot of very knowledgeable co-workers and supervisors from various fields. A lot of opportunity for growth....K-9, Investigations, vehicle patrol, FTO, Supervisors...

ConsA lot of properties, sometimes you have to travel to Pinellas county to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to continue to mentor those in the field, continue the training and teaching and importance of officer safety....

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Felt like crying everytime I went to work.

Anti-Terrorism Officer (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsYou got a slightly higher than minimum wage paycheck and all the overtime you wanted.

ConsYou won't ever have a steady schedule. The schedule runs Saturday through Sunday and you won't know your schedule until 5pm that Friday. You probably won't get the day off you requested and had approved. If your relief calls out, you stay until somebody shows up or you get fired. In the ATO division, you work with a group of guys that have the wrong attitude all around. You spend 12 hour shifts in a room the size of a bathroom with furniture that's apt to collapse at any moment. And you're expected to be ever grateful to your masters for having the opportunity to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up with the propaganda and the attitude of "us-against-the-world". You guys are security, not terrorist hunters.

Great people, great place!

ProsCIS offers more than just a job- they offer a career! Working here allows for opportunity and growth, which is very important for me (and I am sure many others as well). They allow for an equal opportunity for everyone, starting all employees at a ground level and providing the opportunity for advancement to those who earn it! No matter what the qualifications, a person is considered equal. I am proud to say I work here, it has a lot of potential and is definitely growing.

ConsThe schedule can be quite hectic, especially when it comes out late in the week. it is a 24/7 company though, so you are expected to work odd hours at times!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is very important, and when information is not given, it can be confusing for all of the officers and office staff. Just make the communication a little bit more efficient!

Proud to Work Here - The Best of the Best

Tampa, FL

ProsThis is a truly professional organization that is community minded, family oriented and gets results.
    There is an amazing camaraderie among all of the officers and employees. CIS is very socially responsible and genuinely cares about the communities that they serve. They are an extremely Veteran-friendly organization. Promotions are performance-based and advancement opportunities are plentiful. Top-notch training and resources. There is not a comparable organization out there.

ConsIt's a 24/7 operation, so scheduling can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide the best training and technology resources in the industry. Stabilize the scheduling to achieve better work/life balance.

CIS Staff is the Greatest Asset

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Largo, FL

ProsThe Senior Management at CIS doesn't expect you to stay at an entry level position for long. From the day you start at CIS, you are given the training and tools you will need to advance to the position and/or department you're interested in.

Additionally, the staff here at CIS is very tight knit, making the work environment comfortable, friendly and exciting! We act more like a group of old friends and family than a group of co-workers, which makes teamwork effortless and second nature.

There are dozens of career paths here at CIS, especially when you expand your sight to CIS's sister companies. So whether you're an experienced pro in the security industry exploring new career opportunities or a wide-eyed kid right out of college looking for a first chance (like me), you will be able to find your place at CIS.

ConsOur work doesn't end when we walk out the door. The security industry, much like the health care industry, never sleeps. There are times when you will get a call that must be addressed in the middle of the night, but it's to be expected, as CIS is a 24-hour operation. Furthermore, it's a small price to pay to work at a company with solid virtues and passionate practitioners.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrequently we are reminded that we wouldn't be here without the protection officers in the field. As we continue to grow, let's make sure to continue to remember that. Our people are our greatest asset.

When your looking for more than just a security guard

Senior Supervisory Level (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsAs a long time employee of this agency it was clear to see early in my career with CIS we are not your stereo typical "security Guards" We are dedicated protection officers with a common goal, which is serving the communities we work and ensuring the quality of life for the residents is our priority. I have seen time and time again the diffrerence we make in the communities we serve, from communities victimized and intimidated by illegal activity to a community where the children can enjoy the playground and other ammenities and the parents have a sence of calm where we serve. For any one truly intertested in making a diffrence and serving in our surrounding communities, their no agency that compares to CIS and the good our officers do on a daily basis.

ConsThe scheduling can be a challenge to some as a majority of the communities we serve start early in the afternoon and continue to late in the morning hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementLets never forget why we are are the best in the industry, this is because the brave and dedicated officers that serve us and work these properties night in and night out.

Best Private Sector Organization

ProsThere is a lot of great free training. There are no limits in advancement opportunities. You work with a great group of guys that are professional and have a great background. CIS is serious about providing effective protective solutions and are not out to turn accounts like the other "warm body" agencies.

ConsThe scheduling can be demanding at times, but that is what happens when your in a profession that protects property and/or life.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to take care of your greatest assets, your people!

Professional Agency

Protection Officer (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsWell structured agency, professional looking uniforms and methodology, good equipment and training offered, opportunities for advancement

Conshard work in hot environment in Florida,

Worked for Critical Intervention Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Critical Intervention Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Critical Intervention Services CEO K.C. Poulin. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Critical Intervention Services employees.