Critical Intervention Services

K.C. Poulin

Fleet Manager

Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Clearwater, FL

Pros

I actually left in 2009. Without a doubt, the most rewarding experience ever in my professional career. The atmosphere at KKP/CIS was not only professional, but also maintained a level of commitment to its members for both professional and personal growth. The other employees actually became like family. The job fulfilled a sense of purpose like never before. In fact, nothing like it has happened since.

Cons

At the time of my employment, the company was small and benefits were expensive. Simply had a family that needed benefits was the only reason of my departure. I very routinely wish I was still there.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight, you make a difference.

2. Eh, Good Company, Crappy Pay (1+ Yr w/ Company)

Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The philosophy behind the company is great! The communication has gotten much better over the time I have been with them. I honestly enjoy the work I do. They provide the necessities you will need to do the job.

Cons

The Pay!!!!!!!!! It does not pay enough for the situations we put ourselves in. Busting drug dealers selling on the property for $10.55 an hr is not what I deem as reasonable pay. If I have to wear a vest and a gun, I deserve more money. All of the company cars and all of the company equipment needs to be fixed, and it never is.

Advice to Management

Help out Officers when the need it. Pay your employees better and they will stay.

Critical Intervention Services Response

Aug 31, 2015 – vp of operations

Any officer that has been with the Agency over a year is clearly not at the wage stated here. See, in writing, our compensation plan. As with all professions, sometimes it simply is not a good fit ... More

Best Private Sector Agency

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time

Pros

This agency has an extensive training program. It is not as long and detailed as a LEO academy or AIT, but I have worked for companies that send you out to a client site with no training. I went through an orientation class to learn about the methodology, history of the company, and how they address the protective needs of their clients. It was quite refreshing to see how they take their roles in the private sector seriously and all the free certifications I was able to obtain. I was assigned to an FTO and received one on one instruction, which was nice. Big difference from just learning in a classroom environment. They provide radios to communicates with the Operations center. I love the fact I have a trained dispatcher on the other side to send back-up officers or send emergency personnel and I don't have to rely on my cell phone. It is also nice to hear what other officers are dealing with on ither properties. The patrol vehicles are really nice. We have some Crown Vics, but they have upgraded to brand new Ford Taurus Interceptors and we even have brand new Ford Explorer Interceptors. If you get to patrol you are assigned a laptop and all vehicles have GPS. They definitely spend money on good equipment. I work with professionals that good experience and I don't have to worry about unprofessional officers wearing the same uniform. They squeeze by from time to time, but they are weeded out quick! I like that you can transfer to different divisions in the company. They also have specialty divisions like executive protection (Ravens) and K9 Units.

Cons

The schedule changes every other week to include your days off, but that comes with this profession. If you are looking for fixed shift, this agency will not work for you.

Full Time Field Officer

Current Employee - Protection Officer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Protection Officer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the most satisfying job I have had in 15 year career. The team is actually a team that cares about you and supports you, eager for you to succeed. CIS ensures you are equipped with proper training and tools as well as proper staffing and available back up for bad situations. Growth opportunity is explosive for the right individual and I have been having a blast moving from one thing to the next. My hope when I joined was to continue learning something new, and that has been a wish come true. The intel is always great and the hours for the right people are plentiful. In summary, the pros: the people, the tools, the training, the available projects, growth opportunity, support in all forms, discounts everywhere, lots of intrinsic satisfaction from positive influence in the community.

Cons

CIS has a great pay structure for the industry and looks for every way possible to reward hard work and progressive Officers. However, the only con I could consider would be the general pay rate in this industry not due to CIS. With that said, I feel strongly that even this con can be overcome if the experience is transferred properly.

Advice to Management

I have the best damn immediate supervisor I have ever had in my life. He is an outstanding individual and former HCSO deputy that has proven to care more about the people working for him rather than himself. This is rare anywhere you go. However, this is something which appears to be a quality CIS looks for in managerial positions and what a damn good foundation to have and support. Great job with the management structure.

6. A Place for professionals!

Pros

A place where you are appreciated. A place where you, as a professional, are surrounded by professionals. A place of innovation, technology and new equipment.

Cons

If you are a rookie who refuses to work weekends and holidays! CIS is not for you. Schedules are subject to change...deal with it! If you can't, move along!

Advice to Management

Advice to Management?! My only advise is Management/Command Staff/CEO is: Continue to be the " tip of the spear". Continue to develop and innovate. There is no competition.

7. Great Company!

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time

Pros

This company is staffed with highly dedicated, motivated and intelligent individuals. The sense of community is very strong within the agency. The company provides you with the resources to get the job done. With access to top of the line technology and the best products available for the industry.

Cons

At times you will be called upon when in need. Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice for the greater good.

8. Making a Difference

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Critical Intervention Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company actually cares about its employees. In the three years I worked there, I learned about commrodory, respect, and what it means to love waking up each day for my career. There is always room for personal and professional growth here, ideas are shared openly and heard, and once you are part of this company - you have a home and family. This is by far one of the most effective and efficient companies to work with because they not only strive daily for excellence and meet their goals, but treat their employees better than any company I have ever worked with.

Cons

The only con that some may see is that if you are not putting your heart into this job, you won't get recognition. I guess the old saying applies here, "You get out, what you put in".

Advice to Management

Never let go of the continued effort that each of you do every day - it's part of what makes CIS stand apart from the rest of the organizations in this field!

9. Outstanding Company to work for!

Pros

CIS is a family oriented company who cares for every employee whether in administration or out in the field. I am so proud to work for a company that takes care of the communities in need.

Cons

Would like more gatherings to get to know all employees.

Great career and goal orientated agency

Current Employee - Officer in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Officer in Largo, FL

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Critical Intervention Services is a great agency to be employed with. The agency has many areas in which employees can take many different career paths which enables employees to use their training and experience. Critical Intervention Services has many areas of career advancement available ranging from promotions, different career paths and leadership roles.

Cons

No Cons observed with my 3 1/2 years of employment. Keeping the agency involved in knowing an employees needs will eliminate any Cons or issues as Critical Intervention Services does it very best to assist in employee needs.

11. A True Work Family

Current Employee - Administrative in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Largo, FL

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CIS provides an "always learning" work environment. You will not collect dust here...everyone is challenged and encouraged to grow their skills and advance within the agency. Definitely an environment that promotes it's people to bring new ideas and skills to the table. There is a genuine sense of family in the office and in the field.

Cons

Dedication, and diligence does not come without sacrifice and is not always convenient. Our work days are not necessarily always dictated by the clock (or day of the week).

Advice to Management

Continue promoting and cultivating the next highest standard. Part of what makes us unique is we are encouraged as individuals in always finding the next level. Keep us growing!

RSS Feed </> Embed