Critical Path Reviews

3.4

Mark E. Palomba

Work hard, but enjoy it!

Former Employee - Manager  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Critical Path full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great commitment to technology. Develop to international standards. Great people and camaraderie. Managers trust the teams to do a good job and this creates a culture of learning and knowledge sharing.

Cons

Strategic direction needs clear communication.

Listen more. The employees are knowledgable and innovative. Explain strategy.

Good temporary experience, not a career move

Former Employee - Sales Engineer
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer

I worked at Critical Path

Pros

Good exposure across diverse teams in a dynamic environment. Leading edge technology (at the time). Varied responsibilities, so get good foundation in technology and business.

Cons

Financial problems impacted customer confidence to buy. Constantly changing environment in terms of business direction and personnel changes. Difficult to compete in same space as IBM, Microsoft etc.

Focus on doing better market research to drive core business direction. Evaluate customer successes to influence future markets to pursue.

Not sure how much longer they can hold on

I worked at Critical Path

Pros

Benefits and salary were generous, but I am overall glad not to be tethered to this sinking ship any longer.

Cons

Critical Path was once a market darling with hundreds of employees worldwide. They have fallen significantly due to mis-management. I suppose some kudos must be given to the current team for trying to hold things together. Credit for that also must go to the Asian investors who against all apparent sense have continued to dump money into the company.

At this point, simply keep on trying to hone your focus. You've shed all of the extraneous business interests picked up during your glory days and gained cash from that - discover who CPTH really is and push that.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start as an intern.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Critical Path

Pros

Open office environment
    Good team atmosphere

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth in long term.
    Repetitive tasks

Give more responsibilities to interns.

Doing OK

Current Employee - Administration  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Administration in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Critical Path

Pros

Flexibility in the day to day running. Managers are generally good. Stress levels are very low, and it seems like each department is working well with each other.

Cons

HR is not among the best in the world. Don't quite understand what the future will bring for the company as our CEO isn't quite sure himself I guess. We don't often have team building nights out but in all fairness when we do there is no limit on spending.

You are generally doing a good job. We're all treated equally which is brilliant... Please try and give us some new news when giving us the yearly feedback / update calls...

Worked for Critical Path? Contribute to the Community!