Critigen

Be The First To
Add Photos

Critigen CEO Jim Eberle

Jim Eberle

Pros
  • Excellent technical abilities in GIS and IT and a super group of people to work with(in 3 reviews)

• The technical staff are some of the most talented, hard working, and honest people in the industry(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The instability, lack of communication, and terrible management decisions don't appear to be changing anytime soon(in 3 reviews)

• Middle and upper management spend too much time in nonproductive meetings(in 4 reviews)

Great place to work

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNot enough clientele - so loss of contracts means loss of jobs

Big changes after leaving CH2M Hill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad great co-workers before they all left for better opportunities

ConsManagement made poor decisions in the beginning

Life inside Managed Services

Systems Administration (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Pros- Culture unites everyone to achieve singular purpose.
    - Training and advancement are good.
    - Management has our back.
    - Recognition and company updates lend to excellent communication
    - I have flexibility with my manager to perform my job with balance inside my personal life
    - Salary is competitive

Cons- So many projects to perform to keep us evolving
    - Feedback from other practices tend to diminish our brand and reputation

Advice to Senior Management- Consider more help to complete projects
    - Keep the communications, recognition, mission and culture efforts......going well!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management doesn't get it

Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsNot many good things to say. Issues have drive all the talented people away

ConsThis company was the aborted child of CH2M-Hill because of animosity between CH and the people running IT. It never had a reasonable chance of success.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to people in teh organization and try and keep teh good ones around. Don't just listen to teh sales team.

Definitely on track!

Systems Administration (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsCritigen has many pros that you just don't find at other companies:

- Culture of integrity with strong team work and high performance is celebrated. I feel empowered to help customers.

- Career growth: Lots of room to grow, depending on the path you choose. Critigen is very accommodating and wants to keep its employees happy! It's nice to have a career within a very fun and engaging work place, so it’s not just a job

- Leadership: Very Strong Management Team in Managed Services

ConsCons – Antiquated internal systems to support clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue full steam ahead. Employees seem rally behind you when you include them in your vision & methodology for getting us to the next level. Let’s Go!

I have worked at Critigen for almost 4 years.

ProsFlexible work schedule, decent pay, good benefits (except 401k match needs to be reinstated), great coworkers, ability to work at home, open to suggestions.

ConsExcessive turnover. Need more public recognition of projects won, positive comments from clients, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on improving communication to all levels of employees. Continue to allow anonymous feedback if an employee prefers doing that as I believe more people will be honest with how they really feel.

I have had such an opportunity to grow and develop here

Pros-We’ve had merit increases every year since 2010
    -I’ve had the opportunity to stretch and grow in my role/career
    -I’ve had the opportunity to make decisions and take ownership of my work.

ConsWork life balance can be hard at times based on deliverable/project deadlines, but the workload flexes and is overall manageable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the communication from employees to all level of leadership and the reverse (all hands, emails, etc.).

Meh

ProsSo far this company stays in business despite itself, so must have something going for it.

ConsThe company struggles to stay afloat. One of Critigen's stragegies to save the ship was to pull benefits. Company no longer contributes to 401K, vacation plan adjusted to favor company - and make more dificult for employees. There are too many accounts of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Too much talent has left and even been laid off. If you are part of a project that wraps up, you can be fairly sure you will be laid off, regardless of your skill.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot close enough to managment to know what the problem is, but they seem to be scrambling and lack focus.

Not sure, but things might be improving

Software Architect (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood clients, challenging work, good co-workers, flexible work schedules.

ConsHaven't had a raise in 3 years. Company stopped matching 401k, short-pays on cell phones. Doesn't always seem to know where it's going

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the company as an ecosystem; not just how to increase sales. If we deliver better projects, that gives us the references to sell better projects.

Under a full head of steam.

ProsHigh-performance culture. Entrepreneurial. 100% focused on delivering high-level's of customer satisfaction. Investments in technology and people are starting to really pay off.
    Generally, it is extremely difficult to change corporate culture. When I first started with Critigen the atmosphere was pretty dour and defeatest. However, management was resolute in turning the tide. Over the last 6 months the business is improving by every measurable statistic. This success breeds success. The atmosphere is greatly improved and it is great to be part of a team that is enthusiastic and knows that they can make a major difference to not only themselves but their co-workers and customers.

ConsNegative perception in a marketplace take time to overcome. It also takes a while to flush all the negativity from a corporate culture. Sometimes those circumstances can be demotivating. But every month the entire circumstance has been improving. Day to day life at Critigen becomes more invigorating and enjoyable.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the people and process that will allow Critigen to provide and maintain worldclass solutions.

Worked for Critigen? Contribute to the Community!