Crittercism

Andrew Levy

Fantastic place to work

Former Employee - Salesforce Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Salesforce Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Crittercism full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited time off, relaxed environment, catered lunches and dinners, great benefits, interesting work

Cons

None really. I was laid off but would happily go back given the opportunity.

Keep doing what you're doing. This was probably the best job I've ever had.

Poor management, no company strategy, product is lacking, doomed for failure

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Crittercism full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The good things about the company are that its in a prime location right off the Bart stop and weekly lunches are always good. Thats about it.

Cons

Incompetent management starting from the CEO. Young guy with no experience and can't seem to take the company anywhere meaningful. All of his direct reports are just as ineffective. The company is going through difficult times and has been on a spree of getting rid of people left and right. The company lacks any sort of direction and everyone is in it just to get by. They do as little as possible and fly under the radar to not get noticed. It's a pretty horrible place to be.

Crittercism Response

Jan 9, 2015Director, Recruiting

We appreciate your making your feelings known, and regret that your short time at Crittercism has resulted in a negative view. Sometimes, the fast pace makes it hard to effectively communicate all ... More

Great people, great environment, great product.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Crittercism full-time (more than a year)

Pros

World-class engineers, founders and sales team
    Best of breed product in the most exciting space in technology
    Fun, energetic and positive company culture
    No tech "bro" culture
    No big-company process overload
    Lots of autonomy

Cons

Big company types won't like the fact that not everything is codified and written down; you have to think for yourself in order to be successful here!

Young, energetic, positive company

I have been working at Crittercism full-time

Pros

Young, energetic, positive company with lots of potential in the mobile app market. Good compensation, management cares and employees are generally very positive.

Cons

Need some more experienced senior leadership. The competitive landscape has emerged very quickly for a company this young.

Don't get ahead of yourselves and promote a culture where it's ok to raise red flags, and it's ok that it's not going to be positive 100% of the time.

Great company, great market, incredible opportunity

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Crittercism full-time

Pros

Crittercism has a transparent management philosophy that provides insight into decisions, processes and issues. We are working together as a team and though we work in our departments, much attention is paid to making certain we aren't working in silos. Communication is open and there is little chain of management interferes with you ability to have an honest talk with anyone in any position in the company.

Cons

The only real con is that we're building plans against an emerging marketplace for mobile application management. It's difficult to plan expenses and revenue when your a first mover in a rapidly expanding market that is just getting F2000 attention to the problems you help solve.

Don't over react to market conditions outside of our control. Realize that we're one of the fastest growing companies any of us will ever have the joy to have contributed to and know that the ultimate market for our solutions will enable us to grow revenue to hundreds of millions annually.

magnificent

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Crittercism full-time (more than a year)

Pros

These folks are some of the most innovative, passionate, forward thinking people I've ever worked with. Everyone is on the same page, have the same goals, and want to win!

Cons

Obviously there are some "start up like" growing pains, but growing and building a business isn't for everyone. Not everyone can keep up with Hyper growth :).

Keep rocking!

Great place to spend your waking hours

I have been working at Crittercism

Pros

Amazing product and great people to work with. This has been the best of the 3 startups I have worked at. The management team listens and collaborates with everyone on the team. The general attitude of the company is that of quiet confidence. Everyone is really, really good at what they do, and nobody feels the need brag about that fact. It's a fun place to work and they really make you feel like you are part of the family not just an employee.

Cons

It is a startup so lots of the infrastructure things that more mature companies have in place were not there when I started. That has definitely changed for the better during my tenure and I suspect that positive trend will continue as the company grows.

Do not forget what got you where you are.

Fun place to work, great prospects, challenging technical problems

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Crittercism full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Exciting growth industry, fun smart people. Good sized startup with excellent prospects. Interesting tech and challenging scale.

Cons

Not really con but currently transitioning from small startup feel to medium sized startup feel. Good acceptance of necessary changes to help with this.

Great momentum, fun people, a bit chaotic

I have been working at Crittercism full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Management that will take the time to listen
    - Transparent about company goals
    - Fun & Intelligent co-workers

Cons

- Projects can get lost into the ether when putting out fires.

Work on a forum to keep stakeholders involved with decisions relevant to them. Make it a priority to centralize company specific information.

Exciting, very Exciting

Current Employee - Sales Engineering
    Current Employee - Sales Engineering

I have been working at Crittercism full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Crittercism is quite an unusual organisation. At the top we have 3 founders who are innovative, engaging and holding the startup mentality. At the senior mgmt level we have the big dogs - they guys who have just done this before. This is a killer combination that I havent seen before. A clear vision that is articulated downstream through the organisation.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, WHY ARENT YOU SENDING YOUR CV ???

Cons

Not really many Cons here - Make sure you are listening to 360 degree feedback - there are a lot of non senior managers with some great experience and ideas that could really help the quest.

Keep up the great work, really. I cannot believe more people from the APM and Mobility space are not knocking on the door. You built a great company, now they will come.. Oh, and do some more work in the Analyst space. We need this.