Crocs Reviews

42 reviews filtered by
  • Niwot, CO
2.4
Gregg Ribatt

Good, but could be Great.

Current Employee - Product Developer in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Product Developer in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and casual environment.

Cons

-They need to find "Their Fun" - Work is fast paced, and very crazy.
    -Lot's of levels of management. Hard to grow in responsibility or financially.

Take care of the people at the bottom and lead by example.

Great Brand, TERRIBLE Leadership and execution

Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful "technology" that has worldwide appeal
    A unique position in the market place
    Crazy good margins due to: Mold tech, cheap materials, lightweight, no packaging, easy supply chain (theoretically)
    Boulder, CO Location

Cons

Worst supply chain in the HISTORY of footwear (anyone in the "know" will acknowledge).
    McCarval KILLED the company with his mismanagement and psychopathic behavior.
    ZERO strategy for the last 3 years. Make that 4 since the new guys and gals will take 6 months to find the bathrooms.
    No demand generation investment (e.g. Advertising) since 2010

Waiting well over a year for a guy who had a non compete from a slightly above average company was a HUGE mistake that put the company in "limbo" for 2+ years since it was dead in the water in 2013 with McCarvel...BOD knew this from Day #1 in 2013 since Ribatt was on the board...for a consumer brand, time is not their friend. Are the BOD purposely trying to "tank" the company to take it private? 100% of their decisions (if you can call them that) to date have been personal wealth motivated, so I fear that this is the direction. If so, why compensate the Executive Staff higher than any other footwear company, even Nike (google it, it's true) if you're going to fire a big chunk of the work force, close 100+ stores, not open any new ones, cut the line, not even bother to move the new Exec hires to where the company is located (wouldn't it be more economical to pay to move three people vs. move the whole company to Boston?) and essentially take the company to sub 1 Billion? Sad for the employees, shareholders and crocs consumers.

3. The future might be promising

Current Employee - Global/Corporate in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Global/Corporate in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many changes seem like they might be promising but there are still more changes coming. It is difficult to understand what the impact of all the changes will be.

Cons

There is very little communication about the future plans and how we will get there.

Create clear and concise goals that everyone can rally around.

5. Laid Back and Enjoyable Learning Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The environment is very laid back and open, although in the last 6 years it's grown more stressful and corporate-like. The management team takes work-life balance pretty seriously, usually discourages overtime, and allows employees to work from home regularly. Base compensation is fair for the region. There are only a few departments in which employees work over 40 hours a week. The super casual culture is the most attractive element of working there.

Cons

Growing pains. The fast growth of the company meant they didn't have many processes in place when their sales took off. No one knew it would be this successful this fast. We had to adapt. It's been painful, but we did it. Now on the other side of it, we have to keep it fresh. Instead, benefits are getting worse every year and yet they tell us they are improving. Bonuses are not what they used to be. There seems to be a general air of corporate tension in a company that used to feel small and warm. Very little seems to get done due to meetings all the time.

I would ask the management to simply be honest about things and cultivate an environment of transparency, rather than one of manipulation. Instead of giving the reason of improvement as why we changed health insurance providers, tell us it's because we need to save money. We can appreciate honesty. I would like to understand the bonus calculations better. How about a class on how they are calculated? As a result of the what I've seen over the last 18 months, I've grown quite disenchanted with a company I used to love.

New management getting worse by the day

Current Employee - Middle Management in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of good, passionate people.
    Some great products in key categories that consumers really love.

Cons

Management ... new management is worse than ever.
    Don't talk about culture. Live it. Good companies don't talk about culture all the time - they get stuff done.
    Unreliable revenue forecasts due to constant Operations surprises.
    Invest heavily in product categories (still) that basically no one wants.

In a short 6 months, President Andrew Rees has proven his ineptitude as a leader. All he’s done is cut 200+ jobs and hire several friends to senior positions from Sperry and Reebok. These are companies who’s best days were decades ago. How can he believe these people will strengthen the management team? He didn’t look for people from Skechers, Nike, or Under Armour. What a complete joke of a President. It didn't take long for him to prove his lack of experience and vision early. Being a consultant doesn't mean he's done anything other than tell others how to do their jobs better.

To those who remain - get ready for your walking papers. Once the ERP project is completed in early 2015, expect more layoffs. Any revenue and profit miss in future quarters, expect more layoffs. Morale stinks and gets worse by the day but the company will just cut more until it gets profitable. Trust no one. I'm looking now.

The COO needs to lose his job due to continued horrible product deliveries. This season is no different than others. There's a saying about the definition of insanity. How the management team keeps him around is shocking.

The management team isn't honest or transparent about future plans. Employees are kept in the dark and learn just enough moments in advance of changes. If you want to get people to do more than talk in the halls and work hard, tell us what the future holds.

It was ok.

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great discount on great shoes. Love the product. They want to be a fun place to work, but they are not there.

Cons

Ugh. Leadership. Also, they hire cheap. So they will low ball you.

The culture needs work. They claim to be a fun place to work, or say they want to be, but there is a big culture of fear going on. You never know if your job will be there the next day. It's tough on people.

Listen to what people want, talk to them, be transparent.

8. So-So Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time

Pros

- during the spring and summer free ice cream Thursdays
    - softball league
    - beer bashes

Cons

- lack of leadership, however, it appears that is changing under Blackstone
    - hard to sell products w/o advertising in paper, magazines & TV.
    - dislike older employees, they want to dump them.

If you are a smart woman, don't work here!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time

Pros

Interesting work. Smart people. In beautiful Colorado. Ok work life balance.

Cons

So, Crocs is the biggest boys club I have ever seen. Nearly all the directors are men. Nearly everyone who has an office is a man. Crocs even implemented an initiative called "Women at Crocs". It's a breakfast with a keynote speaker, and to talk with other female employees. About what? I don't know. I didn't go. Something about asserting yourself at work. I felt the whole thing patronizing. To add, Crocs is a shoe company selling to primarily women, while being run by men. Crocs marketing decisions and product development reflects this gender gap.

Another note, Crocs has poor communication with their employees, and they are very sloppy in handling issues.

Crocs is actually a good place to work--interesting wok, smart people. It's just that you will be out of the top circle of decision makers. Being smart and ambitious won't change this fact.

Be prepared for the boy's club. Take your talent elsewhere.

Focus. There is a supreme lack of focus. Go after revenue generating ideas. It should go without saying, but this isn't happening. Hire, and keep intelligent people. Not just 'yes' men. Crocs is falling because the people in charge are just there for a job. They are not passionate and not innovative.

10. Fire Drills

Former Employee - Retail in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Retail in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice People, Discount, Work Life Balance was decent.

Cons

Lack of structure on the Americas side of the business.

Take a look at people who are getting paid to sit on their butts and literally do nothing.

Narcississtic leadership

Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

discount makes the shoes priced where they should be
    casual dress
    some really good and passionate people

Cons

Self-important leadership
    Clique-ish management circles where the "in crowd" plots again "the people who don't matter" (actual quotes)
    ZERO focus on cultural behaviors
    Duplicitous leadership mantra - tell the masses what they want to hear, then do what you want

Congratulations on all your success. For all your accomplishments and competency, hows the company performance and attrition improved based on anything you've done? By a mirror, read more, and stop, just sop what you are doing. Look like your moving to Boston...good luck with your golden parachutes :-/

Crocs Photos

Crocs sign at a Crocs store
Window