Crocs Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Gregg Ribatt

Pros
  • Management is flexible about family and work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• The only positive thing I can say about this company is about my co-workers: they were all great people and fun to work with (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management fighting amongst each other (in 9 reviews)

• As soon as it seems like the upper management is getting it together it seems to fall apart (in 9 reviews)

1. Internet Service Rep

Former Employee - Internet Service Representative in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Internet Service Representative in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, free shoes, flexible schedule, great people

Cons

Not enough hours unless your okay with 25- 30 hours per week sometimes less. If it's a slow day they will send people home.

Advice to Management

none

2. Unispiring

I have been working at Crocs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with different departments
    Weather

Cons

The company is just lame and average. I don't feel like I'm a part of something bigger. I think decisions are made just to get upper management more money. Some of the culture changes attempted are too forced and lame. The location doesn't really provide any product/work inspiration. People have been beat down here for too long. It's boring really. Even with the new management I can see it happening again.

Advice to Management

Crocs needs training programs and career path plans. Knowing that progression is on the horizon keeps people motivated. I really don't have a clue what I could do next here.

3. Got a problem? Add a manager!!

Former Employee - US Wholesale in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - US Wholesale in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Their total compensation package is nice, good benefits, workout space, etc. They do try very hard to appear like they care about their workforce. I got to know many great people at the ground level!

Cons

Crocs served me well for a few years, learning the footwear industry and getting to know some great people. However, this company is in desperate survival mode as they try everything to regain popularity. They are throwing money, high level talent, and expensive IT at the issue(s) hoping for success. However, the fundamental issues of the company are not going away. People are over the brand in general and they can’t come to terms that they are a dinosaur who shoes are not going to turn back into petroleum. I am sure there are a number of layoffs coming for this struggling company. Those who are leaving about being paid handsomely to do so, but that gravy train can’t last forever. Watch out current employees and those who are thinking of joining, keep your options open before jumping on board.

Advice to Management

The company loves to promote it’s favorites and leave most to swim with the sharks, begging for equal or fair pay. The company is very much divided into the “HAVES” and the “HAVE NOTs”, which is hard to watch. Start by making a career path for everyone and stop making them ask for equal pay.

Crocs was a very uncomfortable place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Niwot location was convenient.

Cons

Very difficult to work in finance with accounting outsourced to India. There was no upward mobility except for a select few individuals. Mediocrity was tolerated. Discrimination towards women was very apparent. Constant layoffs. No concern for best practices.

Advice to Management

Bring back the accounting functions in-house. Listen in employee feedback. Make decisions not just focused on your bonuses.

Nice pay and benefits, but that's it.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs

Pros

Pay and benefits were nice. Lots of perks if you like Crocs shoes.

Cons

Horrible leadership with no vision and no follow-through. A lot of turnover and no succession planning

Advice to Management

Understand why so much talent is leaving - it's not because of the shoes you give away.

Good, but could be Great.

Current Employee - Product Developer in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Product Developer in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and casual environment.

Cons

-They need to find "Their Fun" - Work is fast paced, and very crazy.
    -Lot's of levels of management. Hard to grow in responsibility or financially.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people at the bottom and lead by example.

Great Brand, TERRIBLE Leadership and execution

Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful "technology" that has worldwide appeal
    A unique position in the market place
    Crazy good margins due to: Mold tech, cheap materials, lightweight, no packaging, easy supply chain (theoretically)
    Boulder, CO Location

Cons

Worst supply chain in the HISTORY of footwear (anyone in the "know" will acknowledge).
    McCarval KILLED the company with his mismanagement and psychopathic behavior.
    ZERO strategy for the last 3 years. Make that 4 since the new guys and gals will take 6 months to find the bathrooms.
    No demand generation investment (e.g. Advertising) since 2010

Advice to Management

Waiting well over a year for a guy who had a non compete from a slightly above average company was a HUGE mistake that put the company in "limbo" for 2+ years since it was dead in the water in 2013 with McCarvel...BOD knew this from Day #1 in 2013 since Ribatt was on the board...for a consumer brand, time is not their friend. Are the BOD purposely trying to "tank" the company to take it private? 100% of their decisions (if you can call them that) to date have been personal wealth motivated, so I fear that this is the direction. If so, why compensate the Executive Staff higher than any other footwear company, even Nike (google it, it's true) if you're going to fire a big chunk of the work force, close 100+ stores, not open any new ones, cut the line, not even bother to move the new Exec hires to where the company is located (wouldn't it be more economical to pay to move three people vs. move the whole company to Boston?) and essentially take the company to sub 1 Billion? Sad for the employees, shareholders and crocs consumers.

9. The future might be promising

Current Employee - Global/Corporate in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Global/Corporate in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many changes seem like they might be promising but there are still more changes coming. It is difficult to understand what the impact of all the changes will be.

Cons

There is very little communication about the future plans and how we will get there.

Advice to Management

Create clear and concise goals that everyone can rally around.

10. Laid Back and Enjoyable Learning Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The environment is very laid back and open, although in the last 6 years it's grown more stressful and corporate-like. The management team takes work-life balance pretty seriously, usually discourages overtime, and allows employees to work from home regularly. Base compensation is fair for the region. There are only a few departments in which employees work over 40 hours a week. The super casual culture is the most attractive element of working there.

Cons

Growing pains. The fast growth of the company meant they didn't have many processes in place when their sales took off. No one knew it would be this successful this fast. We had to adapt. It's been painful, but we did it. Now on the other side of it, we have to keep it fresh. Instead, benefits are getting worse every year and yet they tell us they are improving. Bonuses are not what they used to be. There seems to be a general air of corporate tension in a company that used to feel small and warm. Very little seems to get done due to meetings all the time.

Advice to Management

I would ask the management to simply be honest about things and cultivate an environment of transparency, rather than one of manipulation. Instead of giving the reason of improvement as why we changed health insurance providers, tell us it's because we need to save money. We can appreciate honesty. I would like to understand the bonus calculations better. How about a class on how they are calculated? As a result of the what I've seen over the last 18 months, I've grown quite disenchanted with a company I used to love.

New management getting worse by the day

I have been working at Crocs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of good, passionate people.
    Some great products in key categories that consumers really love.

Cons

Management ... new management is worse than ever.
    Don't talk about culture. Live it. Good companies don't talk about culture all the time - they get stuff done.
    Unreliable revenue forecasts due to constant Operations surprises.
    Invest heavily in product categories (still) that basically no one wants.

Advice to Management

In a short 6 months, President Andrew Rees has proven his ineptitude as a leader. All he’s done is cut 200+ jobs and hire several friends to senior positions from Sperry and Reebok. These are companies who’s best days were decades ago. How can he believe these people will strengthen the management team? He didn’t look for people from Skechers, Nike, or Under Armour. What a complete joke of a President. It didn't take long for him to prove his lack of experience and vision early. Being a consultant doesn't mean he's done anything other than tell others how to do their jobs better.

To those who remain - get ready for your walking papers. Once the ERP project is completed in early 2015, expect more layoffs. Any revenue and profit miss in future quarters, expect more layoffs. Morale stinks and gets worse by the day but the company will just cut more until it gets profitable. Trust no one. I'm looking now.

The COO needs to lose his job due to continued horrible product deliveries. This season is no different than others. There's a saying about the definition of insanity. How the management team keeps him around is shocking.

The management team isn't honest or transparent about future plans. Employees are kept in the dark and learn just enough moments in advance of changes. If you want to get people to do more than talk in the halls and work hard, tell us what the future holds.

RSS Feed </> Embed