Crocs

www.crocs.com

Crocs Reviews in Niwot, CO

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Crocs – Corte Madera – “Crocs sign at a Crocs store”

Crocs CEO and Director John P. McCarvel

John P. McCarvel

Pros
  • Good work life balance, every other Friday off, 2 week closure at Christmas time(in 7 reviews)

• Great people/colleagues who are smart, hard working and innovative daily - who "find their fun" everyday(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management lacks clear direction(in 7 reviews)

• There is currently a lot of frequent turnover in the upper management(in 6 reviews)

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company

Trade Compliance Manager (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

ProsRiendly people who take an interest in waht you are doing. Management is flexible about family and work-life balance.

ConsSometimes lack of planning. Last second fire drills.

Fire Drills

Retail (Former Employee) Niwot, CO

ProsNice People, Discount, Work Life Balance was decent.

ConsLack of structure on the Americas side of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at people who are getting paid to sit on their butts and literally do nothing.

Divided employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

ProsBenefits are great, opportunities to work with some very inspired people, location in Denver. Company is pushing change and improvement.

ConsLack of processes. In fighting is common, especially between new and old employees. Promotions are hard to come by depending on the division.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on pushing the changes that are needed. Be less accepting of mediocre work and quicker to move out underperforming employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good learning experience, fun overall and a good sense of work / life balance.

Manager (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

ProsWork / life balance, good people, the chance to impact healthy change on the company and two weeks off at Christmas and New Years.

ConsThe corporate location sucks, little career growth, really nothing else to say. Overall it's a good place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove the corporate location to a city, any city, and not in the middle of nowhere. Identify your leaders and "go-getters" and build career paths for them instead of watching them leave for better opportunities.

Good Learning Experience

Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

ProsYoung company with lots of room for growth. A great place to learn about the growing pains of a young company. The people there are awesome!

ConsIt is a pretty frustrating and chaotic place to work. As soon as it seems like the upper management is getting it together it seems to fall apart.

Used to be amazing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

Pros- Casual environment
    - Some (very few now) extremely passionate people
    - Flexible schedule (depending on manager)
    - Good benefits

Cons- Underpaid compared to industry standard
    - 24/7 job
    - Sexist management (some managers...)
    - Politics
    - Blame-storming
    - Unreasonable promotions to undeserving individuals
    - TOP HEAVY - how many directors does each department really need?
    - Forced "fun" - maybe I really don't want to hang out in this environment.
    - M3
    - Exclusionary environment/good ol' boy network
    - The "3-C's" Let's be honest, the culture is terrible and posting some garbage about how we are supposed to behave then asking us how we represent each of the "C's" and handing out some obscure and unannounced reward is not fixing the situation.
    - Emphasis on everyone's "colors" as a reason to attack people and not as a tool for improved communication.
    - Emotional instability has become prized.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge the people who are doing the work. Don't just promote people because we "need" a director of some division of some department when we have operated more successfully for over a decade without that director. Bring back the joy that used to be in the building. Treat people with genuine respect, not the fake smile and forced polite chat.

HR - Use the 360 as a tool instead of a weapon. Make 360s mandatory and not just for direct reports. If I have to work with someone, their opinion of me and mine of theirs should be weighted into raises/promotions/reviews. Also, some of us come to work to work, not to make friends day in and day out. Chances are that if I am not going to lunch with someone at work, I would never have wanted to spend time with them in a completely private relationship. Forcing me to take people to lunch will do nothing but make me angry and poor.

I have hope that the company will turn around. It was a phenomenal place to work full of great people who have mostly been driven away by people who feel threatened. Some day we will come to realize that we don't belong in big lots and TJ max, that we represent something unique, that we turned an old industry upside down, survived the odds of becoming a dead brand, and our hard work should bring pride. Some day we might even have passion in the building again.

From the outside it looks great, don't let that fool you

Corporate Employee (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

ProsGreat benefits
    Casual work environment
    You learn a lot about yourself and what you are capable of handling

ConsFavoritism
    Communication issues through company
    Policies and procedures are picked when they are to be used depending on situation
    No trust
    Disorganized
    Trying to grow big too fast

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the hourly employees first, because they are the ones out in the field doing the hard grunt work and trying to make sales with as little man power as possible. Don't promise something to them and then deliver something completely different. Management/corporate has no problem spending money, but when it comes down to important things that could make a difference in employee morale, all of a sudden there is a budget constraint.

CROCS on the cusp of even bigger things, watch out world

Director (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

ProsEstablished $1b+ global brand with a healthy balance sheet. Innovative and compelling products breaking the CROCS stereotype mold offering 4 season silhouettes for the entire family for all wearing occasions. Healthy Global retail and wholesale footprint. Brand recognition continues to grow with consumers as the company looks to expand in broader channels. Good work life balance, every other Friday off, 2 week closure at Christmas time. Healthy interest in employee development and growth. Expanded growing programs offer a wide breadth of training and professional development. Great people/colleagues who are smart, hard working and innovative daily - who "find their fun" everyday. Is a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment. You won't be bored! Blackstone Investment of $200MM+ in the company is a testament to the brands potential. Impending new CEO and senior leadership adjustments will take the brand into the next phase of the organizations success in a very positive way. Lots of good things still to come...beautiful pace to live.

ConsStratospheric growth has made it challenging for process and systems to keep up with the growth of the organization. There are pain points int these areas to effectively execute strategic vision at times. Regionalized teams create silos which can impede alignment on global strategic initiatives. Current leadership meddling and non compliance enforcement complicates & muddies pre-alinged strategies. Legacy employees can struggle with new vision and strategy to take the company forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementFill the ranks with consumer goods, footwear and retail pros. To bring the company to $2B will need an entirely different leadership strategy with pros that understand this business and have the vision to grow it. Not tech/electronic visionaries need apply. Time to hand the reigns over to the next generations leaders of the brand through empowerment and limited politics. Think with Blackstone's involvement, board veto power this ultimately will be the case and for those of us that are loyal to the brand this very exciting indeed.

If you have a innovative spirit, a fearless heart, and a positive attitude your possibilities at Crocs are endless.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

ProsMultiple opportunities for advancement. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. World class Crocs sponsored Leadership University. Exciting and fast paced environment. Middle Management cares deeply about the work that they produce. Great benefits. Workout facilities and classes on campus.

ConsBusiness Process rules are still new and not completely adopted.

Advice to Senior ManagementGlobal executive leadership should allow regional Leadership to do the jobs they were hired to do. Stop micromanaging. Crocs needs a executive level refresh.

Manipulation abound

Functional Leader (Current Employee) Niwot, CO

Proscomfy shoes, gym, ice cream in the summer

ConsAmazing how all these positive reviews have popped up a week after a solicitous email was sent to the hand picked "yes men." Don't be fooled - they are only stroking their own egos - take a look at the stock if you want to know how this company is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime for a refresh

Worked for Crocs? Contribute to the Community!