Crocs Reviews in Niwot, CO

Updated July 29, 2014
2.5

Crocs CEO and Director John P. McCarvel
John P. McCarvel

Pros
  • Good work life balance, every other Friday off, 2 week closure at Christmas time (in 7 reviews)

• Great people/colleagues who are smart, hard working and innovative daily - who "find their fun" everyday (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management lacks clear direction (in 7 reviews)

• There is currently a lot of frequent turnover in the upper management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

So-So Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time

Pros

- during the spring and summer free ice cream Thursdays
    - softball league
    - beer bashes

Cons

- lack of leadership, however, it appears that is changing under Blackstone
    - hard to sell products w/o advertising in paper, magazines & TV.
    - dislike older employees, they want to dump them.

If you are a smart woman, don't work here!

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time

Pros

Interesting work. Smart people. In beautiful Colorado. Ok work life balance.

Cons

So, Crocs is the biggest boys club I have ever seen. Nearly all the directors are men. Nearly everyone who has an office is a man. Crocs even implemented an initiative called "Women at Crocs". It's a breakfast with a keynote speaker, and to talk with other female employees. About what? I don't know. I didn't go. Something about asserting yourself at work. I felt the whole thing patronizing. To add, Crocs is a shoe company selling to primarily women, while being run by men. Crocs marketing decisions and product development reflects this gender gap.

Another note, Crocs has poor communication with their employees, and they are very sloppy in handling issues.

Crocs is actually a good place to work--interesting wok, smart people. It's just that you will be out of the top circle of decision makers. Being smart and ambitious won't change this fact.

Be prepared for the boy's club. Take your talent elsewhere.

Focus. There is a supreme lack of focus. Go after revenue generating ideas. It should go without saying, but this isn't happening. Hire, and keep intelligent people. Not just 'yes' men. Crocs is falling because the people in charge are just there for a job. They are not passionate and not innovative.

Narcississtic leadership

Former Employee - Director  in  Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time for more than a year

Pros

discount makes the shoes priced where they should be
    casual dress
    some really good and passionate people

Cons

Self-important leadership
    Clique-ish management circles where the "in crowd" plots again "the people who don't matter" (actual quotes)
    ZERO focus on cultural behaviors
    Duplicitous leadership mantra - tell the masses what they want to hear, then do what you want

Congratulations on all your success. For all your accomplishments and competency, hows the company performance and attrition improved based on anything you've done? By a mirror, read more, and stop, just sop what you are doing. Look like your moving to Boston...good luck with your golden parachutes :-/

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fire Drills

Former Employee - Retail  in  Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Retail in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice People, Discount, Work Life Balance was decent.

Cons

Lack of structure on the Americas side of the business.

Take a look at people who are getting paid to sit on their butts and literally do nothing.

Enormous disappointment

I have been working at Crocs full-time

Pros

Ice cream Thursdays and corn hole.

Cons

Crocs has been an enormous disappointment. It is the worst management and company I have ever worked for. There is no training, yet you are expected to know everything about your job on day one. Basic useful information does not exist and countless hours are spent trying to obtain answers just to do your job. The employees who have been here for a long time and have the knowledge/tools/information, refuse to help and simply let the new people struggle.

Forget talking to anyone in human resources. They are a terribly unhelpful group and rarely return phone calls or respond to emails. None of them are friendly and they seem downright miserable - like it's a chore for them to even say "hi".

The management team makes awesome salaries and bonuses while paying the rest of us way below market. Management members don't listen and tend to be exceedingly rude and dismissive towards the employees. Crocs is supposed to be "FUN" (one of their supposed values), but it is far from it. People here are miserable and on edge. Too many bad business decisions and mistakes are made every day. It's sickening to witness.

There's much more, but I won't waste any more time. I need to find another job because I am not going down with this doomed ship.

Wake up. Get rid of the CFO before he destroys the entire company. He is negatively impacting the whole organization with his outrageous disrespectful behavior, lack of integrity, and complete failure to listen or communicate. Which is why most of the employees are questioning why he is in the position he is. He has no business managing people whatsoever. The company hasn't been able to find a new CEO. No wonder. Who wants to take over this mess? It would be best to sell the company as quickly as possible to someone who actually knows what it takes to run a successful shoe business. Good luck.

Great company

Current Employee - Trade Compliance Manager  in  Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Trade Compliance Manager in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Riendly people who take an interest in waht you are doing. Management is flexible about family and work-life balance.

Cons

Sometimes lack of planning. Last second fire drills.

Divided employees

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, opportunities to work with some very inspired people, location in Denver. Company is pushing change and improvement.

Cons

Lack of processes. In fighting is common, especially between new and old employees. Promotions are hard to come by depending on the division.

Keep on pushing the changes that are needed. Be less accepting of mediocre work and quicker to move out underperforming employees.

Good learning experience, fun overall and a good sense of work / life balance.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work / life balance, good people, the chance to impact healthy change on the company and two weeks off at Christmas and New Years.

Cons

The corporate location sucks, little career growth, really nothing else to say. Overall it's a good place to work.

Move the corporate location to a city, any city, and not in the middle of nowhere. Identify your leaders and "go-getters" and build career paths for them instead of watching them leave for better opportunities.

Used to be amazing

I have been working at Crocs full-time

Pros

- Casual environment
    - Some (very few now) extremely passionate people
    - Flexible schedule (depending on manager)
    - Good benefits

Cons

- Underpaid compared to industry standard
    - 24/7 job
    - Sexist management (some managers...)
    - Politics
    - Blame-storming
    - Unreasonable promotions to undeserving individuals
    - TOP HEAVY - how many directors does each department really need?
    - Forced "fun" - maybe I really don't want to hang out in this environment.
    - M3
    - Exclusionary environment/good ol' boy network
    - The "3-C's" Let's be honest, the culture is terrible and posting some garbage about how we are supposed to behave then asking us how we represent each of the "C's" and handing out some obscure and unannounced reward is not fixing the situation.
    - Emphasis on everyone's "colors" as a reason to attack people and not as a tool for improved communication.
    - Emotional instability has become prized.

Acknowledge the people who are doing the work. Don't just promote people because we "need" a director of some division of some department when we have operated more successfully for over a decade without that director. Bring back the joy that used to be in the building. Treat people with genuine respect, not the fake smile and forced polite chat.

HR - Use the 360 as a tool instead of a weapon. Make 360s mandatory and not just for direct reports. If I have to work with someone, their opinion of me and mine of theirs should be weighted into raises/promotions/reviews. Also, some of us come to work to work, not to make friends day in and day out. Chances are that if I am not going to lunch with someone at work, I would never have wanted to spend time with them in a completely private relationship. Forcing me to take people to lunch will do nothing but make me angry and poor.

I have hope that the company will turn around. It was a phenomenal place to work full of great people who have mostly been driven away by people who feel threatened. Some day we will come to realize that we don't belong in big lots and TJ max, that we represent something unique, that we turned an old industry upside down, survived the odds of becoming a dead brand, and our hard work should bring pride. Some day we might even have passion in the building again.

Good Learning Experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young company with lots of room for growth. A great place to learn about the growing pains of a young company. The people there are awesome!

Cons

It is a pretty frustrating and chaotic place to work. As soon as it seems like the upper management is getting it together it seems to fall apart.

Worked for Crocs? Contribute to the Community!