Crocs

Updated November 21, 2014
2.6

Crocs CEO and Director John P. McCarvel
John P. McCarvel

Pros
  • Good work life balance, every other Friday off, 2 week closure at Christmas time (in 9 reviews)

• Great people/colleagues who are smart, hard working and innovative daily - who "find their fun" everyday (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management was scatty and difficult to get hold of if one had a query or concern (in 9 reviews)

• As soon as it seems like the upper management is getting it together it seems to fall apart (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company for a summer time job

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Miami, FL

I worked at Crocs part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a pretty laid back environment, great for those who need a summer job or have no experience. I learned alot from this company good and bad. Definitely, an eye opener!

Cons

This company is awful when it comes to following a set plan. As a sales lead, I was told to do a million things because no one in corporate could make up their mind. The marketing is horrible, along with the sales and promotions. Also, this company has a high turnover, because there is no room for growth.

If you are a smart woman, don't work here!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time

Pros

Interesting work. Smart people. In beautiful Colorado. Ok work life balance.

Cons

So, Crocs is the biggest boys club I have ever seen. Nearly all the directors are men. Nearly everyone who has an office is a man. Crocs even implemented an initiative called "Women at Crocs". It's a breakfast with a keynote speaker, and to talk with other female employees. About what? I don't know. I didn't go. Something about asserting yourself at work. I felt the whole thing patronizing. To add, Crocs is a shoe company selling to primarily women, while being run by men. Crocs marketing decisions and product development reflects this gender gap.

Another note, Crocs has poor communication with their employees, and they are very sloppy in handling issues.

Crocs is actually a good place to work--interesting wok, smart people. It's just that you will be out of the top circle of decision makers. Being smart and ambitious won't change this fact.

Be prepared for the boy's club. Take your talent elsewhere.

Focus. There is a supreme lack of focus. Go after revenue generating ideas. It should go without saying, but this isn't happening. Hire, and keep intelligent people. Not just 'yes' men. Crocs is falling because the people in charge are just there for a job. They are not passionate and not innovative.

worst employer I've ever had.

I worked at Crocs

Pros

my co-workers, and the dicount

Cons

never got my two 10 min breaks, was not scheduled to work my last two weeks, had to wait till payday to get my final check both times I worked their, and was give two days notice they were closing the location I worked d at causing me to not have a job nor time to look for one.

shove it.... But really how about treat your employees with respect...

Team Lead

Current Employee - Sales Team Lead in Johnson Creek, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Team Lead in Johnson Creek, WI

I have been working at Crocs part-time (more than an year)

Pros

For me the co-workers are great and the old store manager did a good job of hiring people that are thoughtful and wanted to work at about the same time I was hired.
    Lot of drama cleaned out and better co-workers than from the fall of last year.
    Good return policy for customers and when there is a deal they are usually very customer friendly.
    Always one of the stores looking for opportunistic workers.
    Array of styles so customers cannot complain about lack of them.

Cons

Right after old manager left, lot of turmoil around store and drama. Customers also were not the most friendly. Lot of change and the District Manager and her boss was of little help. New store manager is too egotistical. If you have another job, be prepared for backlash from this manager (as I have.) The hours are very erratic at best to say the least depending on amount of employees.
    Customers have a very negative outlook on Crocs (not really Crocs fault) and that just is a stressing situation because all they want is deal and they complain when there isn't one. Not every day will there be a deal.

If life was perfect, they'd just do deal after deal since that is what the customers want. Training is a bit to be desired but it is adequate. Values are good, though almost too diluted with language. Work is alright with life.
    I'd recommend doing a more thorough analysis of hiring store managers than just the one that comes along and says good things and maybe has decent looks. Same with hiring employees if you are the store manager.
    CEO and crew need to push online sales more than in-store since that is a huge emphasis of growth. Also look to expand more everywhere else since Asia and Europe are big markets.

Narcississtic leadership

Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

discount makes the shoes priced where they should be
    casual dress
    some really good and passionate people

Cons

Self-important leadership
    Clique-ish management circles where the "in crowd" plots again "the people who don't matter" (actual quotes)
    ZERO focus on cultural behaviors
    Duplicitous leadership mantra - tell the masses what they want to hear, then do what you want

Congratulations on all your success. For all your accomplishments and competency, hows the company performance and attrition improved based on anything you've done? By a mirror, read more, and stop, just sop what you are doing. Look like your moving to Boston...good luck with your golden parachutes :-/

Fire Drills

Former Employee - Retail in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Retail in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice People, Discount, Work Life Balance was decent.

Cons

Lack of structure on the Americas side of the business.

Take a look at people who are getting paid to sit on their butts and literally do nothing.

Working at Crocs is fun and very laid back.

Current Employee - Sales Associate At Crocs in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate At Crocs in Plano, TX

I have been working at Crocs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Understanding managment and easy to work with co-workers.

Cons

The training is not very extensive, but it pretty simple to catch on considering the simplicity of the product.

You could improve overall training to ensure employees know products well.

Enormous disappointment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time

Pros

Ice cream Thursdays and corn hole.

Cons

Crocs has been an enormous disappointment. It is the worst management and company I have ever worked for. There is no training, yet you are expected to know everything about your job on day one. Basic useful information does not exist and countless hours are spent trying to obtain answers just to do your job. The employees who have been here for a long time and have the knowledge/tools/information, refuse to help and simply let the new people struggle.

Forget talking to anyone in human resources. They are a terribly unhelpful group and rarely return phone calls or respond to emails. None of them are friendly and they seem downright miserable - like it's a chore for them to even say "hi".

The management team makes awesome salaries and bonuses while paying the rest of us way below market. Management members don't listen and tend to be exceedingly rude and dismissive towards the employees. Crocs is supposed to be "FUN" (one of their supposed values), but it is far from it. People here are miserable and on edge. Too many bad business decisions and mistakes are made every day. It's sickening to witness.

There's much more, but I won't waste any more time. I need to find another job because I am not going down with this doomed ship.

Wake up. Get rid of the CFO before he destroys the entire company. He is negatively impacting the whole organization with his outrageous disrespectful behavior, lack of integrity, and complete failure to listen or communicate. Which is why most of the employees are questioning why he is in the position he is. He has no business managing people whatsoever. The company hasn't been able to find a new CEO. No wonder. Who wants to take over this mess? It would be best to sell the company as quickly as possible to someone who actually knows what it takes to run a successful shoe business. Good luck.

Terribly unorganized for bottom to top

I have been working at Crocs

Pros

Not much.. Good benefits

Cons

Extremely little support from the corporate level. . Mismanaged on the district and regional level. Corporate focus is constantly changing with zero input or consideration for the store level.

Consider your store level employees who decidedly handle the success of your company.

Manager

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Crocs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for IF you work in Niwot, Co

Cons

Corporate office doesnt have a clue what goes on at the DC

get a clue

Crocs Photos

Crocs sign at a Crocs store
Window