Cross Country Healthcare

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

William J. Grubbs

Great jump start as far as experience, but no room for advancement and not appreciated...

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, but management has no interest in listening to employees....

ConsCompensation is not in line with your responsibilities. Employees are not appreciated or listened to by upper management...

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the reviews

Great industry, clueless company..

Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThe Healthcare providers are the best part of the job. Period.

ConsUpper Management has no clue.
    Pay is mediocre.
    Office culture is far from what upper management portrays. Employees are disgruntled. Pressure to hit quota by staffing any nurse that can breathe really contradicts their internal mantra.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better. You'll get a more educated staff running the show.
    Listen to what your staff has to say. They're the ones in the trenches.

Growing and expanding!

ProsOur culture has become more focused on how to grow with a clear vision and tangible metrics without compromising quality.

ConsAnything new means adjustment and acceptance for change. The key is to change with clear vision and constant communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees make it happen and need to know they are valued for their dedication and results. Continue to treat them well because they are the companies greatest asset! Do so genuinely.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great family-oriented company, lots of room to grow and develop

Senior Consultant Associate (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsLeaders that care about the growth and development of their employees

ConsCompetitive salaries are hard to come by

The new management is focused only on their personl enrighment

Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsNone I can think of

ConsEvery thing has become metrics and we're al just a number

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a people business so get some people skills. I found out the management team is largely from Spherion and they ripped the place apart. All they did was cut costs to make more profit and then sold the place to Randstad. They walked out the door with a big payoff and I am seeing the signs that they are doing it here. Q3 Results were down 4% in sales but up in profit. It has begun.

Was once a nice place to work

Medical Recruiter (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsFlexibility in hours, relaxed dress code

ConsManagement team has unrealistic expectations (multitasking, recruitment is required to make 60 calls per day in addition to solving payroll issues and housing concerns due to supporting departments also being understaffed or just not caring as much as those of us that are commissioned). Every year CCS demands more with less support- and that takes time away from recruiting and in turn smaller paychecks. There is a revolving door of assistants (direct support to the recruiters) due to salary and working conditions (extremely stressful).

Advice to Senior ManagementActually listen without judgement to your team- they know what works and what doesn't. It's quality not quantity - the 60s calls per day are NOT quality calls.

Think twice before going to work with them

Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThere really are no reasons to work for Cross Country Healthcare

ConsManagement has no idea what they are doing they are unable to communicate with staff. Pay is low for the industry. You will not be recognized for any accomplishments

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your staff as you would want to be treated

Great atmosphere, but huge workload

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsRelaxed atmosphere and good benefits

ConsWorkload, ability of management to understand the needs of staff, pay

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a strong leader. Do not just have vision, but know how to get us there!!

Amazing!!

ProsYou have the ability to grow from within. You can truly move towards your goal through your hard work.

ConsSalaries do not always match the role.

Worked for Cross Country Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!