Cross Country Healthcare

William Grubbs

Change is in the air...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cross Country is undergoing tremendous change but the results are starting to show in the public market. We are making progress in getting our company back into the leadership position that it once enjoyed. I've been here a long time so I'm so glad to see the results turning around. The stock is getting stronger as a result which makes for a much more stable future.

Culture remains employee centric, but with the amount of change we are enduring, I've seen some of my long term colleagues quit or get reduced under the new change. It saddens me personally as I have worked side by side with some of the most dedicated passionate people in the industry. But with change comes change so while it stinks, I think it goes with the territory. Business is growing rapidly so we are hiring lots of sales and recruiters. Seems that the place to make money these days since they are commission driven.

Cons

Rapid change in every facet. Process, people, culture, management. Unsettling at times. It sometimes feels like employees need to apologize for tenure as they fear their ideas are no longer valued and that new mgt doesn't want to hear them. The new voices can sometimes be loud and overly confident based on personal assessment - somewhat arrogant. It seems to being going full circle as results are always the great equalizer between what one says and what they can actually deliver. This is a people business run for people by people. Relationships matter so tenure, knowledge and experience should be valued. New ideas are not always better ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team members. Everything you are trying to figure out, most likely, your front line already knows. They might not think to solve it like you would, but they certainly know why it is happening and what the impact is. What's old is new. Value committed, passionate and dedicated people and the rest will fall into place. And remember that nobody likes a know it all or a bully. Leadership is not aggressive, dismissive or self promoting. While it exists only in some pockets, one rotten apple can spoil the whole bunch!

Payroll Specialist

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare full-time

Pros

Co workers are nice people.

Cons

Underpaid and overworked. Reverse discrimination, meaning: that all Black and Spanish employees are rewarded and coddled. They receive more attention then the Caucasian employees. Merged with Cross Country healthcare but the hourly rate wasn't increased to their standards nor was a raise given.
    management is lacking.

Advice to Management

Stop discrimination. This is America they should all be speaking English on the job. The Spanish language is non stop. That is very rude.

Executve quote, "this is Cross Country, we don

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Automatic deposit and free coffee

Cons

Verbatim statement from Senior Vice President tells you everything you need to know about this company, "this is Cross Country, we don't need best practices."

Massive and unrealistic workloads, low pay (10-25% below market), no respect, no work-life balance.

Company is losing lots of long-term contracts due to poor customer service and an inability to meet client expectations.

Advice to Management

We are not stupid or blind. Giving promotions with big pay increases to executives and telling workers that their isn't money for decent raises (not even close to cost of living inflation) is bogus. As a public company, we see the bonuses you keep for yourselves at the expense of the office workers.

Severe Lack of Ethics

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Workers are fairly good, if not entirely demoralized.

Cons

Senior management lies regularly and never accepts responsibility for decisions. Clueless to the reality of implementing half baked ideas, they throw hard workers under the bus time and again.

Advice to Management

Get rid of narcissistic executives and hire people that actually know what their team does and how the job gets done. STOP LYING.

Great experience

Current Employee - Housing in Malden, MA
    Current Employee - Housing in Malden, MA

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to build and develop skills in a health care staffing company

Cons

Malden isn't the nicest but corporate headquarters is in Boca Raton

7. Work Life Balance +

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare

Pros

They strive for their employees to have a great work-life balance

Cons

Their pay is a little on the lower side

8. Depends on what you expect

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare full-time

Pros

Lots of initial training for newbies. If you can sacrifice compensation. The building is nice. Great people.

Cons

Some midlevel supervisors have been there for a long time. Very goal driven but not a lot of new ideas.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want to be. Develop a plan to get there. Don't ask questions hoping for a specific answer. Listen and watch.

Staffing Coordinator

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time

Pros

Since Cross Country has bought out MSN, there seems to be more organization and value toward the employees. Cross Country has had a positive impact so far.

Cons

There are no opportunities for growth or job development. The turnover rate is ridiculous since management does not put any value on the worth of their employees.

Advice to Management

There needs to be an Employee Retention system in place. Management and HR need to work on the development of their current employees instead of just hiring and firing employees so easily.

the people were super nice

Former Employee - Nurse Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Nurse Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice environment, they give you food alot, not required to do much on your own time, and decent starting pay

Cons

very slim room for advancement and raises, so I hope you like your starting salary. Do not provide much training

Advice to Management

invest more in your people in the form of training and youll get better results

Ok place to start your career...but don't stay long.

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposed to a lot and will learn a lot.

Cons

Management is out of touch and unrealistic. Pay is not competitive. Non innovative with an "old world" mentality.

RSS Feed </> Embed