Cross Country Travcorps

Reset
3.8
Cross Country Travcorps President and CEO William J. Grubbs
William J. Grubbs

1. AWESOME AND ONE OF A KIND!

Current Employee - Sterile Processing Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sterile Processing Technician in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great pay! Full benefits! They go above and beyond in your travel needs. They even asked me if I had large pets like horses I had to travel with. They could accommodate me with a condo with a stable!

Cons

Can't really find any? Maybe the can make their contracts longer I suppose.

2. Great full time job but doesn't pay enough!

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Cross Country Travcorps full-time

Pros

Its fun! You staff nurses all over the country. You do get recognized for the great work you do. Gift cards for filling top jobs is a plus! Commission is uncapped. Somewhat flexible hours. Office is nice!

Cons

Base pay isn't the greatest for the stress involved. Keeping a good associate is challenging. Can be stressful for some people. Tough to get high commission amounts. Not much room to grow.

3. Travel OT

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Cross Country Travcorps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jennifer Crane Travel rep she is amazing

Cons

No Jacksonville travel position

Sink or swim

Former Employee - Placement Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Placement Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cross Country Travcorps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee/tea/hot chocolate. One hour lunch breaks. Friendly and helpful Co-workers.

Cons

Stressful working environment, no room for growth, a long commute and a $30K base, was just not worth it.

Advice to Management

Get rid of accelerated training programs. It doesn't work well for those who have no healthcare background.

over all positive

Pros

good managers and a solid company

Cons

lots of room for lateral movement

Good job offerings, recruiter doesn't tell you all about the bonus

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cross Country Travcorps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity to travel and have a secure job, mostly health care. Housing is secure and clean, recruiters call back and fix any problems right away. Phone support available 24 hours a day.

Cons

I was not informed about a sign on bonus ever, I learned from another traveler and it was "too late" when I asked about it. Pay is not that good, they roll housing deduction into pay so your weekly check is smaller than you would think. Things can be confusing to a first timer.

Travel RN experience depends on recruiter

Pros

This company is one of the larger travel companies and therefore has many contracts available.

Cons

A bad recruiter can ruin your experience. Make sure you find a recruiter you click with and one that actually listens to you. Also in my experience their paperwork department is a mess. I would end up turning in documents 2/3 times before they claimed to have received them.

Cross Country is a high stress company that genuinely cares about their employees.

Former Employee - Placement Consultant Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Placement Consultant Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cross Country Travcorps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cross Country has many convenient services that they bring into the company to facilitate a busy working mother's lifestyle. You can genuinely feel that the company cares about their employees and will do what they can to help them. This means helping if you need additional training, working around disruptive family schedules and helping grow your role within the company if you show true initiative. It is a very casual company to work for and you grow into the Cross Country family atmosphere over time.

Cons

The recruitment field is VERY stressful. Clients expect everything to be done yesterday for them so it can get extremely overwhelming to keep up with all the work. The company demands a very critical eye for detail. There is great room for error when you first begin with the company which can result in the loss of clients. Morale can get low due to the fluctuations of business and the pressure from management.

Advice to Management

Improve the use of technology for our clients. The recruitment process can be improved upon dramatically with a well-structured online documentation process for the clients to access and manage directly. We need to get ahead of the competition in this respect.

Great work environment

Pros

Excellent training, great work environment and free coffee/hot chocolate! Whats not to love!

Cons

The only downside I can come up with is that it did not pay as much as similar jobs in the area. However, the work environment more than made up for it.

Advice to Management

Maybe increase the hourly rate?

Works well

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Kansas City, MO

Pros

- Many positions around the country available - Efficient placement procedures - Good bonus programs - Good salary - Nice recruiting officers

Cons

- Much pressure to fill a position - Too much documentation work - Paycheck could come earlier

RSS Feed </> Embed