Cross Country Travcorps

Not yet rated.

William J. Grubbs

overall great experience

Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

Prosi had a great experience during the 3 plus years that i traveled. the staff was great as well, my recruiter was absolutely fabulous at listening to my requests and given me the assignments that i wanted.

Conspay is not really straightforward like it is with other travel companies. in your weekly pay, food allowance is included (?). this creates confusion because when you are hired believing that you are being paid 30 (ex.) an hour, it really may be 25 hourly. so in fact, you are paid less. and taxed on both salary and food stipend.

Good job offerings, recruiter doesn't tell you all about the bonus

Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood opportunity to travel and have a secure job, mostly health care. Housing is secure and clean, recruiters call back and fix any problems right away. Phone support available 24 hours a day.

ConsI was not informed about a sign on bonus ever, I learned from another traveler and it was "too late" when I asked about it. Pay is not that good, they roll housing deduction into pay so your weekly check is smaller than you would think. Things can be confusing to a first timer.

Travel RN experience depends on recruiter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company is one of the larger travel companies and therefore has many contracts available.

ConsA bad recruiter can ruin your experience. Make sure you find a recruiter you click with and one that actually listens to you. Also in my experience their paperwork department is a mess. I would end up turning in documents 2/3 times before they claimed to have received them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cross Country is a high stress company that genuinely cares about their employees.

Placement Consultant Associate (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsCross Country has many convenient services that they bring into the company to facilitate a busy working mother's lifestyle. You can genuinely feel that the company cares about their employees and will do what they can to help them. This means helping if you need additional training, working around disruptive family schedules and helping grow your role within the company if you show true initiative. It is a very casual company to work for and you grow into the Cross Country family atmosphere over time.

ConsThe recruitment field is VERY stressful. Clients expect everything to be done yesterday for them so it can get extremely overwhelming to keep up with all the work. The company demands a very critical eye for detail. There is great room for error when you first begin with the company which can result in the loss of clients. Morale can get low due to the fluctuations of business and the pressure from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the use of technology for our clients. The recruitment process can be improved upon dramatically with a well-structured online documentation process for the clients to access and manage directly. We need to get ahead of the competition in this respect.

Great work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent training, great work environment and free coffee/hot chocolate! Whats not to love!

ConsThe only downside I can come up with is that it did not pay as much as similar jobs in the area. However, the work environment more than made up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe increase the hourly rate?

Wonderful Experience

Travel RN (Former Employee)

ProsMy recruiter, Lorraine Katz, was excellent. Housing was always acceptable to good.

ConsHourly wages not as high as other companies.

Cross Country makes it easy to travel

Case Manager (Former Employee) Salem, MA

Proshousing, short assignments, easy payroll, access to recruiter throughout assignment, helpful and supportive recruiter-Carla makes certain you have access to her and that she is supportive!

Consshort assignments, pay is low, no vacation or sick time

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work! demonstrate a bit more flexibility on assignment lengths

tooublesome

Proshousing staff and payroll staff very easy to work with

Consmoney not very good way to many forms to fill out ,alot of times the same ones over and over, only pay max of 300.00 travel one way

Advice to Senior Managementbe more intune with needs of travlers

Works well

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

Pros- Many positions around the country available
    - Efficient placement procedures
    - Good bonus programs
    - Good salary
    - Nice recruiting officers

Cons- Much pressure to fill a position
    - Too much documentation work
    - Paycheck could come earlier

fun exciting and rewarding

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

Prosfree housing or housing subsidy

Consno paid vaction or holidays

Worked for Cross Country Travcorps? Contribute to the Community!